Hilarious

Old September 22nd 09, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dragoman

Default Hilarious

Stan Brown wrote:
Mon, 21 Sep 2009 04:10:56 GMT from Phil P. :
http://www.break.com/index/dumb-cat-...-to-drink.html

Enjoy.

Is it just me, or do the owners need a good smack upside the head?

It's just you.

This is not funny, it's cruel. They could turn the faucet down to a
trickle, or better they could put some water in a bowl.

It's not cruel, and /is/ a little funny. Remember that you can't
make cats do what they don't want to do (well, /I/ can't). The cat is
fine. The problem here is with the owners (or whoever) that has labeled
the cat "dumb".
In my experience, those cats that drink flowing water from the tap,
actually prefer it that way, and ask for it. Given a choice between
water in a bowl, and flowing, they would choose flowing every time.
Old September 22nd 09, 09:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Phil P." wrote :

It looks like the cat just likes water to me.

What I love is the little pauses before he dives in again. He looks around,
he thinks, "more? Hmmm ... well sure, **** it ... SPLASH" Not dumb at all.

Old September 22nd 09, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 04:29:19 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"Phil P." wrote :

It looks like the cat just likes water to me.

What I love is the little pauses before he dives in again. He looks around,
he thinks, "more? Hmmm ... well sure, **** it ... SPLASH" Not dumb at all.

I had a cat that used to come into the shower with me - on the outside
of the shower curtain though. He didn't like water hitting him, but he
liked to play with the streams of water flowing along the bottom of
the tub. I made sure he didn't get the soapy water of course. It was
rough on my toes though if they strayed under the curtain.
Old September 22nd 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 23:50:14 -0400, Dragoman
wrote:

Stan Brown wrote:
Mon, 21 Sep 2009 04:10:56 GMT from Phil P. :
http://www.break.com/index/dumb-cat-...-to-drink.html

Enjoy.

Is it just me, or do the owners need a good smack upside the head?

It's just you.

This is not funny, it's cruel. They could turn the faucet down to a
trickle, or better they could put some water in a bowl.

It's not cruel, and /is/ a little funny. Remember that you can't
make cats do what they don't want to do (well, /I/ can't). The cat is
fine. The problem here is with the owners (or whoever) that has labeled
the cat "dumb".
In my experience, those cats that drink flowing water from the tap,
actually prefer it that way, and ask for it. Given a choice between
water in a bowl, and flowing, they would choose flowing every time.

I have one of those pet fountains where the water free-falls a bit
before hitting the plastic ramp. Nipsy and Marlo lap it up from the
bowl, but Espy likes to get it in midair.

Old September 23rd 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Phil P." wrote in message
http://www.break.com/index/dumb-cat-...-to-drink.html

Enjoy.

That's what Holly used to do. She liked a slower stream of water, but she
would stick her head under it and turn it back and forth. Sometimes, she
would even get down in the sink and roll around. I even have a video of her
doing that "somewhere." She hasn't done that for several years, though.

MaryL

Old September 23rd 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Phil P." wrote :

It looks like the cat just likes water to me.

What I love is the little pauses before he dives in again. He looks

around,
he thinks, "more? Hmmm ... well sure, **** it ... SPLASH" Not dumb at

all.

I know! That's what I thought was so funny.

One of my cats jumps up on the shower door and meows pitifully when I'm in
the shower and then stops crying as soon as turn off the water. Its like
she feels bad that I'm getting wet.

Old September 23rd 09, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Phil P." wrote
One of my cats jumps up on the shower door and meows pitifully when I'm in
the shower and then stops crying as soon as turn off the water. Its like
she feels bad that I'm getting wet.

Oh now this is completey cute. You have some new cat pics?

Old September 24th 09, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl[_3_]

"Phil P." wrote in message
http://www.break.com/index/dumb-cat-...-to-drink.html

Enjoy.

That's what Holly used to do. She liked a slower stream of water, but she
would stick her head under it and turn it back and forth. Sometimes, she
would even get down in the sink and roll around. I even have a video of
her doing that "somewhere." She hasn't done that for several years,
though.

That was so completely hysterical! It looks like something Scarlett would
do. She loves playing in water.

Old September 24th 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote
That was so completely hysterical! It looks like something Scarlett would
do. She loves playing in water.

I think the neatest thing was that the camera was positioned so we could see
his little face the whole time. He (like 9 trillion other gray tabbies
out there) looks a lot like my Gracie.

Cats? Hilarious! flavor2 Cat health & behaviour 0 March 21st 09 07:19 PM
Hilarious video [email protected] Cat anecdotes 12 February 2nd 07 09:46 AM
(OT) Hilarious! Pat Cat anecdotes 2 September 18th 05 05:47 AM
OT Hilarious Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 4 November 4th 04 09:39 AM
Hilarious! Phil P. Cat health & behaviour 4 September 24th 04 01:56 AM