Thursday 4.5 Quake in NoCal

Old June 3rd 04, 03:57 PM
Jeanne Hedge

Default Thursday 4.5 Quake in NoCal

Just reading on CNN.com there was a 4.5 quake in northern California
overnight. It was reported to have been centered on the small town of
King's Beach, California (in Placer County), which is apparently about
15 miles SW of Reno, Nevada.

Anyone here in that area? Is all ok?

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com
Old June 3rd 04, 06:26 PM
O J

On Thu, 03 June,, Jeanne Hedge wrote:

Just reading on CNN.com there was a 4.5 quake in northern California
overnight. It was reported to have been centered on the small town of
King's Beach, California (in Placer County), which is apparently about
15 miles SW of Reno, Nevada.

Anyone here in that area? Is all ok?

It usually takes a transplanted person's family about three years
to stop calling every time they hear of an earthquake. For a 4.5,
most folks living on top of that fault would experience no damage.

Thanks for being concerned.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Help keep California green and golden. Bring money!

Old June 3rd 04, 07:32 PM
Duke of URL

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message

Just reading on CNN.com there was a 4.5 quake in northern California
overnight. It was reported to have been centered on the small town of
King's Beach, California (in Placer County), which is apparently about
15 miles SW of Reno, Nevada.

Can ANYONE splain to me WHY anyone continues to live there, knowing the
whole coast is unstable and overdue for gimungous earthquakes that will make
Salt Lake City a seaport? "Oh, I've lived on Mt St Helens all my life and it
hasn't blown up yet."
--
The One-and-only Holy MosesT

Old June 3rd 04, 08:23 PM
Jeanne Hedge

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:26:55 GMT, O J wrote:

On Thu, 03 June,, Jeanne Hedge wrote:

Just reading on CNN.com there was a 4.5 quake in northern California
overnight. It was reported to have been centered on the small town of
King's Beach, California (in Placer County), which is apparently about
15 miles SW of Reno, Nevada.

Anyone here in that area? Is all ok?

It usually takes a transplanted person's family about three years
to stop calling every time they hear of an earthquake. For a 4.5,
most folks living on top of that fault would experience no damage.

Thanks for being concerned.

Maybe it's because my mother's side of family lived in LA County (and
some cousins are still there). Every time there was even a slight
tremor she'd call back to Lakewood to see if everyone was ok, or
Grandma would call Indiana to tell everyone that they were all ok ^_^

Sidenote - Grandma and Grandpa in SoCal didn't have any sort of
earthquake insurance on their home, but Mom and Dad in southern
Indiana do. I guess if the New Madrid fault in Missouri's boot heel
goes off extensively, major damage is supposed to happen that far away
(and they have a particularly persuasive insurance salesman...)