Obama upsets PETA

Old June 19th 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen

Default Obama upsets PETA

On 2009-06-18, jmcquown wrote:

I'm all for compassion but since when is a fly an "animal'?

It isn't Mineral or Vegetable. Maybe PETAs are really Hindus.
The fly could be no-good Uncle Charley reincarnated.

Bud

Old June 19th 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

snip

Ants and spiders perform more benignly useful functions than flies and
roaches, so I won't kill a spider if it's just going about its business,
and I simply persuade ants to go elsewhere by sprinkling cinnamon on
their paths.

Depends on the kind of ant. Fire ants are *not* benign. They destroy
native species (fire ants in the US are what we used to call "wetbacks"
before that word became unacceptable: they "swam" the Rio Grande to get
here) and cattle have died when the ground collapsed under them and they
fell into a (very) large burrow. Their venom actually kills the flesh
into which it is injected - and they're not shy about using it. As a
matter of fact, I swear they'll cover a person completely before one of
'em counts, "One! Two! Three! Everybody bite!"

I have had a personal feud with fire ants ever since they invaded my
part of Florida. So far, thanks to Amdro (a bait product that seems not
to appeal to the native ants), I'm winning: there are no fire ants in
my yard unless some queen has just moved in - and she and her family
don't last long once the mound grows above the lawn.

Fire ants have another bad habit: they're communal - by which I mean
they don't limit themselves to a single queen per mound. Up to three
have been counted in a single mound - hence my preference for bait,
since every queen under there gets some.

snip

Baird

--
You know you're getting old when Muzak plays the Top 40 of your salad days.

Obama for President Amy Cat anecdotes 0 December 13th 08 01:30 PM
Obama for President Amy Cat anecdotes 0 December 12th 08 09:30 AM
Cats for Obama ollie2 Cat anecdotes 6 September 3rd 08 08:40 PM