How can I make this cat like me? :)

Old October 24th 07, 10:32 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
studio

Default How can I make this cat like me? :)

On Oct 24, 10:34 am, "CatNipped" wrote:
Yeah, I think so too, thanks! All my cats are rescues, but Sammy (AKA
Samazon) *has* to have 99.99999999999% Maine Coon ancestry.

Oh, she is Maine Coon...she is beautiful.
And 18 pounds for a female...that is pretty big.

How did you get on Fancy Feast's mailing list - my five want in on that
deal! ;

The supermarket I go to must have put me on somehow.
Everything is computerized now days, so they can see
by the data that I buy FF a lot.

Every couple months, FF sends her a gift.

FF does send the most beautiful gift packages to her...
complete with a nice card, coupons and samples of their best foods.
I'm very impressed by the FF marketing.

Old October 24th 07, 10:53 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

Default I have turned the corner? :)

"studio" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 24, 3:21 am, RPSinha wrote:
studio wrote:
Well, it is my nature to "research" everything, but I did grow up with
cats around me. It was less organized "very small town" life in India,
so they weren't my "pets" but let's say we grew up together.

So I have a natural affection for cats and maybe it shows.
Temperamentally, I am not comfortable with the modern culture of one
person owning a "pet". Maybe I just long for my childhood. :-)

What country do you live in now?
I live in US, so here we own animals and do our best to care for them
and protect them as best we can.

An interesting quote from Ghandi says;
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by
the way its animals are treated."

In the US anyway, consumer pet owners spend $40 billion a year,
with many considering their pet a part of their family.

Indeed, I just saw on TV about a woman who has spent $15,000
on her small dog in medical bills, and said she would sell her
house if she had to.

Some woman just left several million dollars to her dog.....Jay Leno said,
"Now it's so spoiled that it won't drink out of the toilet unless you put as
twist of lemon in it."

Old October 24th 07, 11:17 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
studio

On Oct 24, 5:53 pm, "William Graham" wrote:
Some woman just left several million dollars to her dog.....Jay Leno said,
"Now it's so spoiled that it won't drink out of the toilet unless you put as
twist of lemon in it."

lol...her dog was probably always spoiled that way.

That would be Leona Helmsley in NYC.
She owned the Empire State Building.
Also known as "The Queen of Mean"...her little poodle dog got
$10 or 12 million inhertance after she died recently.
Her kids probably have it in for that dog now.

Old October 24th 07, 11:29 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"studio" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 24, 5:53 pm, "William Graham" wrote:
Some woman just left several million dollars to her dog.....Jay Leno
said,
"Now it's so spoiled that it won't drink out of the toilet unless you put
as
twist of lemon in it."

lol...her dog was probably always spoiled that way.

That would be Leona Helmsley in NYC.
She owned the Empire State Building.
Also known as "The Queen of Mean"...her little poodle dog got
$10 or 12 million inhertance after she died recently.
Her kids probably have it in for that dog now.

Yes.....I wonder who inherits the money when the dog dies.....She
specifically didn't want her kids to get it, so she probably set it up to go
to charity when the dog dies.....I can understand where she's coming from.
There are a lot of people that I wouldn't give any money to, also. (to,
too)? I have known a lot more dogs in my life that I liked better than some
people I've known.

Old October 25th 07, 12:31 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ivor Jones

"William Graham" wrote in message

[snip]

: : Yes.....I wonder who inherits the money when the dog
: : dies.....She specifically didn't want her kids to get
: : it, so she probably set it up to go to charity when the
: : dog dies.....I can understand where she's coming from.
: : There are a lot of people that I wouldn't give any
: : money to, also. (to, too)? I have known a lot more dogs
: : in my life that I liked better than some people I've
: : known.

Not really a dog person, but I like any cat better than *any* of the
people I've ever known.

Ivor

Old October 27th 07, 06:46 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 05:38:21 +0000, RPSinha wrote:

Great stories and discussions. Some of you have misunderstood me: I am
really enjoying this cat, it's all fun.

Anyway, today the ice melted just a little.

Everyday, after she finishes eating, she quietly--and rather
majesticlly--marches towards her chosen "bed", ie, our softest and most
expensive comforter, ignoring me totally.

Today, however, she said a faint friendly meow just as she passed me,
as she kept walking. The tone sounded like "hello". I was delighted.

She probably said "thanks". MLB