OT - AIG Execs At Spa

Old October 8th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - AIG Execs At Spa

It seems that one week after receiving $85 *BILLION* dollars of bail-out
money from our tax dollars, the senior executives at AIG took a week-long
company-paid vacation at an exclusive resort in CA to the tune of half a
million bucks!

Here's the story:

Glad to know their execs were having such a nice time while I was wondering
where the hell I was going to get the money for a new water heater!

Gads, that makes me want to kill someone - several someones!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 8th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote

Someone needs to do it, why not you? Hope you're good with a scope @1k yds.

Old October 8th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
It seems that one week after receiving $85 *BILLION* dollars of
bail-out money from our tax dollars, the senior executives at AIG
took a week-long company-paid vacation at an exclusive resort in CA
to the tune of half a million bucks!

Here's the story:

CatNipped

Even without the bail-out this is nothing new. I seem to recall similar
goings on during the big S&L bailout in the 80's. And charitable
organizations (United Way comes to mind) are notorious for sending execs on
very costly retreats while begging people for money.

Jill

Old October 8th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

CatNipped wrote:
It seems that one week after receiving $85 *BILLION* dollars of
bail-out money from our tax dollars, the senior executives at AIG
took a week-long company-paid vacation at an exclusive resort in CA
to the tune of half a million bucks!

Here's the story:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...8/10/07/AR2008
100702604.html

CatNipped

Even without the bail-out this is nothing new. I seem to recall
similar goings on during the big S&L bailout in the 80's. And
charitable organizations (United Way comes to mind) are notorious for
sending execs on very costly retreats while begging people for money.

Jill

You mean the one that John McCain was involved in (Keating 5)? How short
are our memories. Oh, sorry for the poltical side-jaunt.

Old October 8th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

outsider wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in

CatNipped wrote:

It seems that one week after receiving $85 *BILLION* dollars of
bail-out money from our tax dollars, the senior executives at AIG
took a week-long company-paid vacation at an exclusive resort in CA
to the tune of half a million bucks!

Here's the story:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...8/10/07/AR2008
100702604.html

Even without the bail-out this is nothing new. I seem to recall
similar goings on during the big S&L bailout in the 80's. And
charitable organizations (United Way comes to mind) are notorious for
sending execs on very costly retreats while begging people for money.

You mean the one that John McCain was involved in (Keating 5)? How short
are our memories. Oh, sorry for the poltical side-jaunt.

That's not a side-jaunt, Andy. The fact that executives can take a
500K luxury vacation on our tax dollars, after bankrupting the country
(and now, the rest of the world), is certainly a political issue.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old October 8th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

CatNipped wrote:
It seems that one week after receiving $85 *BILLION* dollars of bail-out
money from our tax dollars, the senior executives at AIG took a week-long
company-paid vacation at an exclusive resort in CA to the tune of half a
million bucks!

Here's the story:

Glad to know their execs were having such a nice time while I was wondering
where the hell I was going to get the money for a new water heater!

Gads, that makes me want to kill someone - several someones!

Hugs,

CatNipped

I suspect that many of us American voters feel that way! If the next
election doesn't produce some acceptable changes, don't be surprised if
you find some of them preaching revolution. The reason our democracy
has worked, so far, is that people felt that they had the option to
CHANGE the aspects they objected to, if enough people agreed. (If
that's no longer the case, America may be in deeper trouble than we
thought.)

Old October 8th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
It seems that one week after receiving $85 *BILLION* dollars of
bail-out money from our tax dollars, the senior executives at AIG
took a week-long company-paid vacation at an exclusive resort in CA
to the tune of half a million bucks!

Here's the story:

CatNipped

Even without the bail-out this is nothing new. I seem to recall similar
goings on during the big S&L bailout in the 80's. And charitable
organizations (United Way comes to mind) are notorious for sending execs
on very costly retreats while begging people for money.

Jill

My mom was willing to attest to that! After she married my stepfather,
she quit work for a while, but got bored being a housewife. When she
saw an ad for office workers for the local Community Chest campaign, she
applied and was hired. It didn't take long on the job for her to
develop a decidedly jaundiced view about how they used the funds people
contributed under the impression they were aiding the less fortunate!
Old October 8th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I try to avoid political debates at all costs (as well as religious ones).
But there were constant United Way campaigns at my workplace asking people
to contribute a percentage of their monthly salary. Then I heard on the
news about these huge mega expensive retreats and spas these execs keep
going to. Sorry, I've never even had a massage or a pedicure. So screw
these people reaping mega rewards off the generosity of the working stiff
while bilking the public for contributions.

Jill

Old October 8th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

Even without the bail-out this is nothing new. I seem to recall similar
goings on during the big S&L bailout in the 80's. And charitable
organizations (United Way comes to mind) are notorious for sending execs
on very costly retreats while begging people for money.

My mom was willing to attest to that! After she married my stepfather,
she quit work for a while, but got bored being a housewife. When she
saw an ad for office workers for the local Community Chest campaign, she
applied and was hired. It didn't take long on the job for her to
develop a decidedly jaundiced view about how they used the funds people
contributed under the impression they were aiding the less fortunate!

At least a charity organization doesn't run the country. It's
reprehensible to collect donations from well-meaning people and then
use it to pay for luxuries for upper management. But it's oppressive
to do it when you're the government, taking money that people didn't
choose to give.

I am not at all against taxes, BTW, when that tax money is used to
meet public needs. I can even see that the bailout - while it angers
me that we (and our kids) are going to have to pay for someone else's
greed and/or incompetence - is necessary to keep the whole economy
from going down with them. It's like the banks are a sinking ship, and
we're paying to patch up the hole where the water is pouring in. We can't
say, "Oh, just let them sink, they brought it on themselves," because
guess what? We're all on the ship! We *have* to bail the b*st*rds out.
(I'm not convinced it's even going to help, but we can't stand by and
just watch everything collapse.)

But using the bailout money to take luxury vacations is beyond the
pale. Wow. And they don't even try to hide it. These people are so
used to being able to do whatever they want, they don't care who knows.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old October 8th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

That's the part that gets me. They sat there in the hearings with stony
looks on their faces, denying that they'd done anything wrong!! I so wish
*I* could screw up my company to the point of bankruptcy and then get laid
off with a $1million a *MONTH* consulting fee!!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Joyce ^..^