RB: Luthien Tinuviel

Old December 2nd 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Default Luthien Tinuviel

On Dec 1, 10:22*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message

Born Oct. 15, 1992
Died Nov. 27, 2008

Luthien crossed the bridge at midnight sharp between Thanksgiving Day
and Black Friday, exactly sixteen years after coming to her home with
me.
A pearl of cats.
The most faithful, loyal companion of my life for sixteen years.
We were young together, and we got old together.

--tension

I am so sorry for your loss. *Purrs are on the way to help heal your
breaking heart.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Thank you CatNipped. I hope all is well with you and your family.
How is your granddaughter doing? (I remember she lives in Louisiana,
and I was here when you were telling us about her loss of her little
neighbour and friend)

--tension
Old December 2nd 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Default RB: Luthien Tinuviel

On Dec 1, 1:27*pm, Judith Latham wrote:
In article
,
* *tension_on_the_wire wrote:

Born Oct. 15, 1992
Died Nov. 27, 2008
Luthien crossed the bridge at midnight sharp between Thanksgiving Day
and Black Friday, exactly sixteen years after coming to her home with
me.
A pearl of cats.
The most faithful, loyal companion of my life for sixteen years.
We were young together, and we got old together.
--tension

I'm so sorry. purrs and prayers on their way.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Thank you very much, Judith.

--tension
Old December 2nd 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tension_on_the_wire wrote:
Marina, thank you for your note. I so remember your stories and pages
about Frank and Nikki, and how fearful I was knowing that the same
ordeal was lying in wait for my own self. But I will tell you now,
that were it not for your stories, I would not have spent the
intervening time preparing myself and my daughter for the inevitable,
and to make it the least traumatic experience we could. So we thank
you and Frank and Nikki for that, especially from the bottom of mine
and little boycat Glorio's broken heart.

I'm so glad my ramblings helped someone. Purrs for you and poor little
Glorio. Mir was so sweet when the vet was here to release Frank from his
pain. She stuck close to him, and when he went under from the sedative,
she lay down alongside him, pressed up right to him. She missed him
after he was gone, though they hadn't seemed that close when he was
still alive. Give Glorio a skritch from me. Hope he forgets Lithien soon.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old December 2nd 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Mir with Frank (was: RB: Luthien Tinuviel)

Marina wrote:

I'm so glad my ramblings helped someone. Purrs for you and poor little
Glorio. Mir was so sweet when the vet was here to release Frank from his
pain. She stuck close to him, and when he went under from the sedative,
she lay down alongside him, pressed up right to him. She missed him
after he was gone, though they hadn't seemed that close when he was
still alive.

Wow, that's amazing. We really underestimate the things that animals
know and feel, don't we? It's constantly surprising when they do things
like this. How long did you have Mir when Frank passed away? (I'm sure
you've posted that info many times, but at the moment I can't remember.)

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 3rd 08, 11:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Default Mir with Frank

On Dec 2, 6:48*pm, Marina wrote:
wrote:
Wow, that's amazing. We really underestimate the things that animals
know and feel, don't we? It's constantly surprising when they do things
like this. How long did you have Mir when Frank passed away? (I'm sure
you've posted that info many times, but at the moment I can't remember.)

She came to me in March 2005 and Frank passed away in December.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

I don't know how long it took Luthien to forget about Zildjian, who
died in 2004, but she was so traumatized that she ran away for about 5
weeks or so, and came back only to die, weighing six pounds (used to
be 12). They had lived together for 12 years. Somehow we got her
back, and she lived solo with no other cat for two years before we got
Glorio. But he has been with us for two and a half years now, so he
won't forget her very quickly either, especially since she it was who
took his mother's place after whatever horrendous experience left him
homeless on the streets at the age of 6 weeks.

He has been mopey and sad all week, and not leaving my side for more
than a moment. Plus he isn't feeling well as I took him to TED on
Monday and yes, whew, he is FLV-negative (we were worried about
exposure to a local ragtag stray), I really needed to know that this
week, and so now he is vaccinated and feeling down both physically as
well as emotionally. Sneezing in my face every time I pick him up
poor guy. We're looking for things to pick up in a day or two. And I
will probably have to think about a companion for him sooner than
later since he is young and so clearly lonely already. I'm not sure
I'm emotionally up to it yet, but it's been a life-long habit of mine
to attend to those of my household before attending to myself. To a
fault, sometimes, I think.

--tension