She'll have what you're having

Old December 2nd 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

Default She'll have what you're having

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 22:25:17 -0500, Takayuki
wrote:

Has anyone ever noticed that a cat's face seems to become about ten
times funnier when they're trying to get a bite of whatever it is
you're eating?

Betty was like that, and now Dot is too. Her favorites hoomin foods
are custard puddings and french fries. If I'm eating either of those,
she gets on my lap with her dark furry face very close to mine,
following my motions, following the alluring sights and smells.

Her twin eyes look so large and golden! Her snout looks so
inquisitive and whiskery! Her mouth looks so soft and pouty! Then,
her little questing tongue flicks out, yearning for a taste...

There are always plenty of giggles during snacktime.

What's even funnier is when they realise that you're eating something
that they don't like, so all their begging has been a waste of time!
How dare you not consider THEM... lol
Old December 2nd 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Christine Burel" wrote:

"Takayuki" wrote in message
Her twin eyes look so large and golden! Her snout looks so
inquisitive and whiskery! Her mouth looks so soft and pouty!
Then,
her little questing tongue flicks out, yearning for a taste...

There are always plenty of giggles during snacktime.

So, gotta ask, do you cave in and give her some? I'm the softest
sucker in
the household and all the kitties know it.
Christine

Oh yes, but just a little bit at the end. They have their own
treats,
you know. I just ordered a fresh batch of Liv-a-Littles dehydrated
chicken treats. They're very unusual, being simply slices of white
chicken meat that's been freeze dried. They look like pieces of
chalk, but they're Dot's favorite. Megan recommended them way back
when I was coaxing her out into Buster's territory. Buster doesn't
really 'do' treats, except for an occasional Pounce.

That's a problem here. Jake gets a freshly thawed, minced shrimp
every night. We have never found anything that Molly considers much
of a treat, but she still acts like she is being slighter because Jake
and Kayla get bedtime treats.

Jo

Old December 2nd 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Pat" wrote in message

"Takayuki" wrote

| Has anyone ever noticed that a cat's face seems to become about
ten
| times funnier when they're trying to get a bite of whatever it is
| you're eating?
|
| Betty was like that, and now Dot is too. Her favorites hoomin
foods
| are custard puddings and french fries. If I'm eating either of
those,
| she gets on my lap with her dark furry face very close to mine,
| following my motions, following the alluring sights and smells.
|
| Her twin eyes look so large and golden! Her snout looks so
| inquisitive and whiskery! Her mouth looks so soft and pouty!
Then,
| her little questing tongue flicks out, yearning for a taste...
|
| There are always plenty of giggles during snacktime.

I had a friend over for dinner a few weeks ago, and baked fish was
on the
menu, along with steamed asparagus. I wish you could have seen the
faces on
my friend and on Abelard as they sparred over the asparagus. While
Abelard
begged, I told my friend, "He's more interested in the asparagus
than in the
fish." Abelard ended up getting the little lion's share of the
asparagus
(from both plates) which was definitely worth the sacrifice for the
entertainment value of watching kitty's face as he asked for and
gleefully
carried off each new spear. (Before it was over, I had to promise to
buy and
cook an entire bunch of asparagus just for Abelard.)

That was one of Sam's two favorites. I don't think we got to eat the
tips from asparagus the entire time he was alive. Those were his.
And wild strawberries. They grew in our yard in Alaska, and he ate
every single one as soon as it got ripe.

Jo

Old December 3rd 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Christine Burel" wrote in message

So, gotta ask, do you cave in and give her some? I'm the softest sucker
in the household and all the kitties know it.
Christine

Good question. I'm the softest sucker in our house too. I always have a
bunch of moochers around when the food is here.

Pam S.

Old December 4th 08, 12:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Dec 2, 1:20�pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote in message

"Christine Burel" wrote:

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

Jo- Hide quoted text -

With Spicey, liking isn't the issue. An offering must be made. Usually
one or two bites or a bowl to lick.

Suz&Spicey