If your cats had to earn their living, what would they do?

Old December 2nd 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default If your cats had to earn their living, what would they do?

Yowie wrote:

Suki would be a 'famous for being famous' celebrity - she is stunningly good
looking, thrives on attention, thows herself at anyone (except me) and goes
to great effort to ensure she gets all the adoration she is sure she
deserves. She is also extremely loud mouthed and mind bogglingly stupid.

Maybe you should have named her "Anna Nicole".

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 3rd 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kajikit wrote:

What would your cats do?

Smudge would be a writer - a grumpy old lady who lives alone and cranks
out works of genius. She would not like the company of other people, but
would probably have lots of cats.

Roxy would be some kind of entertainer - a singer, a comedian, or perhaps
a stripper. But even though she would enjoy loads of attention, she wouldn't
let it go to her head. She's a very practical girl.

Licky would be an elegant gentleman-about-town. This of course would not
earn him any money, so he would have to be independently wealthy, or
maybe a kept house-boy.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 3rd 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

"Kajikit" wrote in message
Scouty's natural gift is as an acupuncturist/massage therapist. She
was just sitting on the desk beside my computer, purring her head off
vigorously kneading my shoulder and performing acupuncture at the same
time because she refuses to have her claws clipped more than once a
month... the only problem would be that it would take six visits
before she'd agree to come out from under the bed to see you - but
after that you'd get a full-body massage every time!

Silly would be a chef... but I don't think she'd have many repeat
customers because most of the plates would come out from the kitchen
already licked clean!

And Tessie would have to be a gossip columnist. She's a master of
sucking up to people and she always has to know EVERYTHING that's
going on in the world around her. And then she'll tell you about it in
great detail. 'Look meowmie, somebody walked past the window! There's
a ducky out there! Oh wow, the neigbour's having a smoke break! I
wonder if he'll say hello to me today?'

What would your cats do?

Robin - would be a jester or a slapstick comic - he's just that goofy.
Oreo - she would be Miss Manners or Emily Post as she prisses around and is
so fussy about having everything just so
Midnight - would be an Egyptian goddess or Queen Cleopatra - definitely a
ruler type with lots o' slaves at her beck and call
Tucker - would be the big burly guy who looks tough on the outside but with
a heart of gold
Christine

Old December 3rd 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shel-hed[_2_]

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:58:37 -0500, Kajikit wrote:

What would your cats do?

Bill E. Bob- The office manager from hell.

Cali- Receptionist or greeter.

Molly- Thereapist. She just sits on your lap and watches and listens to
everything you say, giving an occasional meowmmmm.

Arthur- Still a teenager, but he's the clever outgoing and very distractable.
He would be a real partier. He would be voted "Most likely have an affair with
his teacher and say 'What's wrong with that?'"

Old December 3rd 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

Kajikit wrote:

What would your cats do?

Will would need a gig something like that of the Mullah Nasrudin --
dancing blithely to and fro over the thin line between philosophy and
wisdom and the most utter mindless foolishness.

Heidi could be food taster for an unpopular sovereign. She's always
protected Will from any chance of poisoning by insisting on sampling
both bowls before he begins eating.

Alternatively, Heidi could be a corporate efficiency expert, teaching
middle managers how to clear their desks in just minutes per day.

I think a lot of cats could make a living as mediums, considering their
ability to convince us they are seeing something when there's nothing
there.
--

Wayne M.
Old December 3rd 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Wayne Mitchell wrote:

Alternatively, Heidi could be a corporate efficiency expert, teaching
middle managers how to clear their desks in just minutes per day.

She'd have a lot of competition from other equally skilled cats in
finding a job!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 3rd 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kajikit wrote:

What would your cats do?

I love this thread!

Miranda would obviously be an interior decorator, preferably with a lot
of minions to obey her every command. She would make them carry
furniture hither and thither and try out every constellation before she
would command them to put everything back the way it was from the
beginning.

Caliban would have to do something in connection with food. But he
couldn't be a chef, because none of the dishes would ever make it to the
customers. He couldn't be a waiter for the same reason (and because he
would drop everything on the floor on a regular basis). Is there a
position as garbage disposal? Another job he might be interested in
would be a sewer inspector.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old December 3rd 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Kajikit" wrote in message

What would your cats do?

Tanada is a critic. Of everything. Sorta like Andy Rooney, but more
curmudgeonly.

QC is a director. She keeps everything in Shirkville in its normal state of
chaos.

Merlin is a search and rescue cat. He can find you anywhere and will lead
you back to where you should be, especially from the bathroom.

Pine Cone is a biker at heart. If he could make a living at it he would.
But he'll have to stick to being a pirate for now, the job benefits are
better.

Huey is a nurse. He makes sure that Rob is taken care of, organizes purrs
and nuzzles, and gets me whenever Rob is sick.

Sonya is a fashionista and entertainment director. She is in charge of fur
placement, wrestling, and elevator butts. Most cats prefer their chins to
be scritched, Sonya wants only the base of her tail. Chin scritching is
second best.

Qui Gun Kit is drug dealer. That cat can score on nip almost any where and
time.

Miss Calico Girl is a comic, British style. Very dry and subtle. No feline
Spike Mulligan here, but lots of sly practical jokes.

Wamsee is a door stop. She just lays around sleeping and making sure that
nothing takes her spot on my night stand.

Tommy (AKA Meow Meow) is a bum. He only mooches off of four different
houses now, but it used to be more. He's so loving and grateful though. I
wish I could meet whoever dumped him, preferably with a baseball bat.

Pam S.

Old December 3rd 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

Stinky -- his day job could have been food taster or piano player, but his
true calling would have been something like a Cary Grant-like Dalai Lama.

Dante would like to be a professional wrestler.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old December 3rd 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Scouty's natural gift is as an acupuncturist/massage therapist. She
was just sitting on the desk beside my computer, purring her head off
vigorously kneading my shoulder and performing acupuncture at the same
time because she refuses to have her claws clipped more than once a
month... [...]
What would your cats do?

Splodge would like to be a museum security guard so he could
do nothing but sit on a chair beside a Monet all day long.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====