Winter Job - the girls are NOT amused

Old November 10th 04, 09:57 PM
Steve Touchstone

Default Winter Job - the girls are NOT amused

As most of you probably remember, I'm in SW Oklahoma, retired Army,
and do yards most of the year. However, here in SW Ok, there is next
to no work of that type from Nov to March, so this year (and last)
I've needed to take on a job for the winter to make ends meet.

I started a winter job this past weekend, and like it says in the
heading the girls are NOT happy with the change in routine. I'm a
pizza delivery driver, working from 5PM to closing. The girls are not
used to me being out at night, and aren't impressed with the argument
that I need to be out until after midnight every night in order for
them to keep eating and have fresh litter in the boxes. This is my
first time working as a delivery driver, and so far I find it's not
too bad. The people and actual work isn't bad, but the pay and hours
stink. I imagine the pay/hours issue is why they have such a high
turnover. Another drawback is that we drive our own vehicles (and pay
for the gas), which means lots of stop and go driving in my '87 pick
up (close to 200,000 miles). When I went in to get an application I
was hired on the spot and they asked if I wanted to start that night.

An added complication is that I am also out most days finishing up the
yards for the year (although yardwork has slowed down, it will
continue until our weather cools off and we have our first freeze).
So, not only am the walking food dispenser, beautician, and
toy-tosser. LB hates not being brushed daily this time of year, and
Sammy misses having someone toss her toys for her.

Hopefully things will soon slow down and they'll adjust. I still have
a couple daytime jobs where I put in applications and haven't heard
anything from - so maybe I'll be able to stop the delivery job once
all the yards have been complete for the year. Not only are the cats
not happy with me being gone at night, it's cutting into my rpca time
;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old November 10th 04, 10:07 PM
Yoj

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
As most of you probably remember, I'm in SW Oklahoma, retired Army,
and do yards most of the year. However, here in SW Ok, there is next
to no work of that type from Nov to March, so this year (and last)
I've needed to take on a job for the winter to make ends meet.

I started a winter job this past weekend, and like it says in the
heading the girls are NOT happy with the change in routine. I'm a
pizza delivery driver, working from 5PM to closing.

I hope you can find something that will be more convenient for you and
your girls. In the meantime, you never know what might happen in your
current job. A couple of years ago, my nephew had a part-time job
delivering pizza. One of the orders he delivered was to Robin Williams.
He said Williams answered the door himself, and gave him a 10-minute
monologue and a $20 tip.

Joy

Old November 11th 04, 05:05 AM
Marina

Steve Touchstone wrote:
Hopefully things will soon slow down and they'll adjust. I still have
a couple daytime jobs where I put in applications and haven't heard
anything from - so maybe I'll be able to stop the delivery job once
all the yards have been complete for the year. Not only are the cats
not happy with me being gone at night, it's cutting into my rpca time
;-)

Purrs that you get a job with better hours. And time for rpca. We need
you here!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 11th 04, 06:32 AM
Sherry

Hopefully things will soon slow down and they'll adjust. I still have
a couple daytime jobs where I put in applications and haven't heard
anything from - so maybe I'll be able to stop the delivery job once
all the yards have been complete for the year. Not only are the cats
not happy with me being gone at night, it's cutting into my rpca time
;-)
--
Steve Touchstone

Good luck! Hope you find something more suitable to the girls--I have found
that mine are so used to me being home 24/7 now, if I'm gone for the day, they
are very clingy. Cats *do* notice when their routine is disturbed, and they
like their hoomins to be around, even though they ignore me most of the time
anyway.
Sherry

Old November 11th 04, 07:56 PM
Bob M

Yoj wrote:

[...]

Robin Williams is one of my favorite actors. I don't care what he's in,
he does a great job.

Bob

Winter in June lrulan Cat anecdotes 117 June 30th 04 06:22 PM
Girls Gone Wild in the Sack, Plus Rowdy Nearly Snarfs a BroncoLONG Hopitus2 Cat anecdotes 1 March 22nd 04 03:02 AM
Officially it is winter. dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 5 November 28th 03 12:48 AM