Ping Adrian (OT, of interest to Brits only)

Old August 15th 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Ping Adrian (OT, of interest to Brits only)

June & I were up in your neck of the woods today. We went on a coach trip
to Whitby.
I told June you lived up there somewhere - and on the way back I saw a sign
pointing to where you live. ;-)

We very much enjoyed Whitby - neither of us had been there before - but
hadn't realised quite how far away it was. We spent 10 and three quarter
hours on the coach there and back to have just less than 4 hours at Whitby!
Got back less than an hour ago.
I said to June "if we go again I'm going to wear those special knee high
whatnots they gave me in hospital to prevent deep vein thrombosis.." g

Tweed

Old August 15th 09, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
June & I were up in your neck of the woods today. We went on a coach
trip to Whitby.
I told June you lived up there somewhere - and on the way back I saw
a sign pointing to where you live. ;-)

We very much enjoyed Whitby - neither of us had been there before -
but hadn't realised quite how far away it was. We spent 10 and three
quarter hours on the coach there and back to have just less than 4
hours at Whitby! Got back less than an hour ago.
I said to June "if we go again I'm going to wear those special knee
high whatnots they gave me in hospital to prevent deep vein
thrombosis.." g
Tweed

I'm glad you had a good day, it takes me about an hour to get to Whitby from
here so would probably take about five hours by car from your neck of the
woods, maybe four if I drove the way I see some people do. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 16th 09, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Aug 15, 2:57*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I said to June "if we go again I'm going to wear those special knee high
whatnots they gave me in hospital to prevent deep vein thrombosis.." *g

You mean TEDS (thrombo-embolic-disease-stockings) Dave has to wear
them all the time at the moment

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 16th 09, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

I said to June "if we go again I'm going to wear those special knee high
whatnots they gave me in hospital to prevent deep vein thrombosis.." g

You mean TEDS (thrombo-embolic-disease-stockings) Dave has to wear
them all the time at the moment

___

They are very comfortable to wear - although they take two strong people to
get them on ;-)
I only had to wear them whilst in hospital and for a couple of weeks after
each operation. I was allowed to take them home.
The hospital staff were absolutely paranoid in case any surgical patient got
a DVT, if you lay on top of your bed with your ankles crossed a nurse would
come along and slap your feet "put your legs straight.."
My surgeon sent me home while I was waiting for my ca operation after a
week of tests. He said "you needn't think you're going to lie around here
getting a deep vein thrombosis!"

Sort of like he thought that was my plan ;-) "Oh, I'll just lie here, get a
DVT and sue the hospital." That's what they are afraid of, of course. A
lawsuit.

A colleague of mine got a DVT after a minor surgical procedure, it went to
her lungs and killed her, she was only 44.

Tweed
Just thought I'd cheer you all up.

Old August 17th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I stayed at Whitby for a week when I was about 15 years old.
I loved it. The Abbey and the Harbour were great.
Have you read a book called "The Whitby Witches" by Robin Jarvis?
It's a children's book really but I enjoyed it. It's set in Whitby,
(yeah obvious really) and mentions various places including the
Abbey.

Whitby has a week-long annual folk festival which I think starts
next week - I'm told it's very good for traditional singing.

The book that made Whitby famous was "Dracula".

I've been there once. The fish smokery on the dockside is
an amazing place. And the town specializes in the creepiest
jewellery ever made, "Whitby Jet" - it's a black stone like
super-tough coal, which only seems to be made into things
your great-great-grandma might have worn just for funerals.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******
Old August 17th 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

June & I were up in your neck of the woods today. We went on a coach
trip to Whitby. I told June you lived up there somewhere - and on the
way back I saw a sign pointing to where you live. ;-)

We very much enjoyed Whitby - neither of us had been there before - but
hadn't realised quite how far away it was. We spent 10 and three
quarter hours on the coach there and back to have just less than 4
hours at Whitby! Got back less than an hour ago. I said to June "if we
go again I'm going to wear those special knee high whatnots they gave
me in hospital to prevent deep vein thrombosis.." g

Tweed

I stayed at Whitby for a week when I was about 15 years old. I loved it.
The Abbey and the Harbour were great.

It was lovely but we couldn't do it justice. Although we set out at 7.30 we
didn't get there until 1.15 and had to be back on the coach at 5. On this
first trip we were struggling to know where the beach was and we didn't find
the cobbled streets until an hour before we had to come home.
The beach was beautifully sandy, no pebbles and the sea was only 50 yards
way. It wasn't crowded and there were 6 nice donkeys giving rides to small
children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitby

Have you read a book called "The Whitby Witches" by Robin Jarvis? It's a
children's book really but I enjoyed it. It's set in Whitby, (yeah obvious
really) and mentions various places including the Abbey.

No, I haven't read that.

Tweed

Old August 17th 09, 09:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Did you have fish and chips while you were there? Whitby is famous for great
fish and chips.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 17th 09, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Maybe that's why those bullies of nurses insist that you get up and
start walking around after surgery when you just want to pull the covers
over your head and die. It hurts, and they say 'get up and walk down the
hall'.

Cheryl
Old August 17th 09, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nan

wrote:

[...]

That's what killed my DH after out-patient hernia surgery. He was a
large man with very bad knees which made it difficult for him to get
out of his chair, so he didn't.

Hugs and purrs,

Nan and the furkids
Old August 17th 09, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
wrote:

[...]

Yes, we did, but we were a bit disappointed, no better than we get here in
Leics, worse actually. Small thin fish, not chunky. Chips were OK and the
mug of tea that came with it was heavenly. Nectar. We went back before we
went home just to get another mug of that tea.

Tweed

PING ADRIAN MLB Cat anecdotes 1 May 12th 09 09:19 PM
PING: Adrian [OT] Yowie Cat anecdotes 7 April 18th 08 11:06 PM
ping Adrian Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 3 March 18th 08 08:43 PM