Cat hides in my car

Old May 9th 04, 03:30 AM
Don Liu

Default Cat hides in my car

Hi:

I have a cat and I keep the cat in my garage. But sometimes she climb
into the car from underneath, hide somewhere there, I can not find
her. Is there any solution?

Thanks,
Old May 9th 04, 04:19 AM
~*Connie*~

"Don Liu" wrote in message
om...
Hi:

I have a cat and I keep the cat in my garage. But sometimes she climb
into the car from underneath, hide somewhere there, I can not find
her. Is there any solution?

Thanks,

Yup.
Keep the cat out of the garage.
problem solved.

Old May 9th 04, 05:59 AM
Kalyahna

"~*Connie*~" wrote in message

"Don Liu" wrote in message
om...
Hi:

I have a cat and I keep the cat in my garage. But sometimes she climb
into the car from underneath, hide somewhere there, I can not find
her. Is there any solution?

Thanks,

Yup.
Keep the cat out of the garage.
problem solved.

And by that, I'm quite sure she means keep the cat in the house.

Old May 9th 04, 09:06 AM
KDB

You could try honking the horn to scare her out of the car. But it's better
to keep the cat out of the garage. The cat is probably looking for a warm
place to hide and finds the car's warm engine to be attactive. Thing is,
it's dangerous for the cat if the engine is restarted with the fans and
belts moving.

Old May 9th 04, 11:18 AM
MaryL

"Don Liu" wrote in message
om...
Hi:

I have a cat and I keep the cat in my garage. But sometimes she climb
into the car from underneath, hide somewhere there, I can not find
her. Is there any solution?

Thanks,

I keep my cats indoors and take great care that they are never in the
attached garage. It would be too easy for a tragic accident to happen
there -- the type of situation you describe, a cat that might be under the
hood of the car (a frequent type of accident), or even leakage of antifreeze
onto the floor (which is a deadly attractant to cats). Moreover, people
often store item in garages that are dangerous to our feline friends.

Is there any reason your cat can't be brought into the house. Shee would be
much safer -- and happier, I'm sure, with more human companionship.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (Introducing Duffy to Holly)