OT need advice little bit of a rant

Old March 10th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT need advice little bit of a rant

"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" 10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com wrote in message
You know what the worst part is about smokers they think it is their
right to do it where and when they please. My stores are no smoking by
anyone and we follow Florida rules about smoking within 60 feet of a
doorway. You don't know how many people we tell to leave the doorway that
are sitting there waiting for someone smoking it lingers to inside of the
store.

Mathew, I used to smoke, but haven't for almost ten years now. That being
said, I have developed a deep hatred of the smell of cigarettes, or any type
of tobacco. However, I never smoked in a place that wasn't legal or if
someone asked me not to. I never smoked in front of doors where none
smokers would have to wade through my stink. And I agree, it does stink.
I'm not saying that every smoker is like me, far from it. I get to wade
through the smoke stench at the college I go to. But not all smokers are
inconsiderate boobs either. Please be fair.

Pam S. who doesn't let anyone smoke inside her house, but has seating and
ashtrays outside for those who use them.

Old March 10th 06, 11:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
dnr wrote:

Good for you, Helen. Some smokers need a carefully aimed butt kick
to remind them of consideration for others.
I am a former smoker (quit about this time in '84; it *can* be done).

Oh, this just reminded me that I missed my anniversary. Twelve years since
I stopped smoking on the 6th.

Well done you!! It takes a lot of hardwork to kick the evil weed habit!

*hugs* helen s

Old March 10th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lesley wrote:
Lesley have you ever tried using medication to help you stop.

A friend of mine tried Zyban and it didn't work for her. Mind you she
featured in our in-house mag at work for No Smoking Day last year,
they had all these other people saying how they gave up, were going
to give up, wanted to give up and her saying "My problem is I love
smoking. I don't see that I could do it".The odd thing is she's a
triathlete (and our head nurse is doing the London Marathon and her
boss has promised to greet her at the finishing line with 20 fags!)
I'd heard some horrible tales of side effects which kinda put me off.
I've managed to quite seriously cut down and in fact almost stopped in
2004 (went down to a couple a day) but then my mum was ill and died
and it sorta crept back up again but I've managed this year so far to
more than half my intake

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

For a few weeks after my brother's suicide I was smoking 100 per day, by the
the time I'd decided I must give up I was still on 60+ per day. I had tried
Zyban previously, that didn't work for me, what helped in the end was
nicotine lozenges. I hope you eventually find what works for you, it will
save a lot of money if nothing else.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 10th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

For a few weeks after my brother's suicide I was smoking 100 per day, by
the
the time I'd decided I must give up I was still on 60+ per day. I had
tried
Zyban previously, that didn't work for me, what helped in the end was
nicotine lozenges. I hope you eventually find what works for you, it will
save a lot of money if nothing else.
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)

When I say, "it *can* be done" I mean cold turkey, as
I did. When I quit, the only "aid" science had come up
with was the nicotine gum, which I was not able to use
due to bigtime dental/oral/mandible surgery which re
quired months to heal; I was a front-runner for the
then-newish inner-jaw wiring (all jaw fixation was
previously *outside* and highly visible (remember?).
I highly recommend Lemon Heads (a cheap, strong-
lemon-flavored hard candy available almost anywhere)
and hard candies you suck or hold in mouth to enjoy.
Do NOT try to stop smoking using any form of
chocolate candy....you are guaranteed to fail. It
only made me want to smoke more. It is very
hard to quit tobacco, I have many friends who
succeeded using those nic patches they sell now.

Old March 11th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"dnr" wrote in message
[...]

The *ONLY* way I could quit was cold turkey. I had to get the nicotine
*OUT* of my system as soon as possible so the physical craving would go
away. I never could "get" the nicotine patch/gum thing - that just seems
like it would prolong the withdrawals.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 11th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

That makes two of us! I don't understand how, but I also have
friends who "tapered off" smoking and to this day never lit one
again. And get this: the last time I was even interested to check,
several others who have been using patches and/or chewing
that awful-tasting gum *for years now*!
I asked some of them what their docs said about it, and the
reply was that docs were so happy to have them off smoking
they didn't *care* how long they used these aids.
Evidently it's the *smoking* or *chewing* of tobacco that
makes cancer. I sure would be nervous about the nicotine,
myself: it is a poison (2 drops on a rabbit's shaved skin
will kill it, I've read) and also closes down arteries (a death
wish, in my case) and raises blood pressure (not good, either).
Good riddance to an expensive, possibly harmful habit.
The only good thing I remember about it was that it helps
one's "nerves", and speeds up the BM rate to burn more
calories. Not an equal bargain.

Old April 21st 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 00:47:31 +0000, mlbriggs wrote:

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:23:09 +0000, Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )
wrote:

You all know I tell it how it is but this deals with family.

My daughter in laws' mother and father are coming for Easter no
problem
there with the husband. The problem is she has those little wiener dogs
2
of them plus 2 palmaramians ( ??? ) and she does not go anywhere
without
them. Both the dogs are spoiled so bad if they do something wrong she
gives
them a treat and tells them it is alright. Also both dogs have very bad
bathroom habits

Last year she came with them unannounced and tried to come into the
house even though Shelly ( the daughter in law) told her not to try it.
She knows I have cats but her thoughts are I am a guest accommodate me
no
matter what. My thoughts were and are this is their house too and your
are
the unwelcome unannounced guest. The live here you are just visiting
unannounced why should they have to be put out because of you. She left
and
did not come back. Even though the husband told her she was being an
a@@
right in front of us.

I had offered to let the dogs stay on the Florida room but no they
have
to be in her sight at all times. I offered for all of us to go out there
and
enjoy the day but that was not satisfactory for her. I love my cats to
death but would never show up with them unannounced unless it was an
emergency. Let alone try to force them down someone throats

Well my son and daughter in law are asking for her to come to the
house
for Easter dinner since as you all know that I am a cook and do big blow
outs on holidays. On Easter weekend we have a 2 day celebration we all
get
together Saturday night have fun get up in the morning and go do our
thing
for the day than have a real family Sunday dinner.

Here is a problem the kids want her to stay at the house
overnight
with everyone. I have put my foot down and said no way she wants to
bring
the dogs she can stay at a hotel like everyone else that does not want
stay for the overnight part. I have said the dogs will be put up
whether
she likes it or not

My better half want to make the kids happy. Our son and daughter
want
me too. I am ohh to willing to compromise and setup a place for the
dogs
such as the Florida room or a bedroom. When we have guest that are not
used
to cats. I put the furballs up into their room so they won't bother
anyone.
She wants the dogs with her at all times which includes at the dinner
table
and where ever we go. I told her we don't even let out cats do this and
they rule the house.

So there is the problem I am willing to compromise. I want to keep
peace
but I am not willing to allow the dogs free reign of the house. I am
almost
ready to say heck with Easter weekend and all of us do our thing on
Sunday
and we met at a restaurant. If someone does not like the place they can
go
where they want. Save the hassle completely and I don't even have to
cook

Help!!!!!!!!!! advice needed. Thanks for letting me rant

Matthew

I vote for the restaurant! IMHO it is the most sensible solution.
MLB

FYI I wasn't going to tell this but have decided to go ahead. I gave
up family dinners many, many years ago. I told them I had worked all my
life and cooking for six extra people was too much so I just would not do
it anymore. There also comes a time when the kids should make their own
traditions. Best wishes for a peaceful Easter Sunday! MLB

It was She came to the house with the dogs and I kindly stopped her at
the door and said I told you no and I meant it. Now we are on our way to
do our thing as you were told and when we are done you can met us at the
restaurant we told you about. She showed up with the dogs the manager
laughed at her and told her no dogs. She threw a fit. Her husband told her
she was on her own all of us went to our own table and had a wonderful
dinner. When she got back from having taken the dogs back to the hotel we
were done with our meal. Her husband told her see what happens when you act
like a spoiled brat took the keys and made her take a cab home.
We went home and had a great night of screwing around doing family
things. She was told to stay in the hotel by her husband and our daughter
in law ran her mouth till my son got up grabbed her dad, both got right up
in her face and said you can spend the night with mom If you keep it up.
She got a look of holy hell I better shut up and actually we all went back
and had a great night. I ended up in the kitchen for a little bit making
chocolate raspberry cookies, smores and old fashion root beer floats.

Thank you all for telling me to stick to my guns I know I will pay for it
in the future but victory can be bitter sweet

Old April 24th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew AKA NMR wrote:

Thank you all for telling me to stick to my guns I know I will pay for it
in the future but victory can be bitter sweet

I'd been wondering how your Easter went. Good to know that her husband
stuck up for you as well as your son. Personally, I think your DIL
needs a spanking. But then so does her mother.

Pam S. glad that she never had to deal with someone that ill bred.