Not a 100% princess

Old December 11th 04, 06:26 AM
O J

Default Not a 100% princess

Hi All,

I was just thinking of my Misty who's waiting for me at the bridge and
recalled one of her somewhat unseemly traits. She was a real princess
most of the time and was intelligent, active, and affectionate. She
loved to play kitty games.

One of her favorites was "chase Daddy's tail." The way the game is
played is for Daddy to tuck one end of a rope or ribbon into his belt
in the back and then wander around the house calling out, "I hope
there are no kitties hiding around here. I'd hate for one of them to
attack my poor tail."

Naturally, the tail was ambushed more often than not, frequently being
ripped from Daddy entirely. There was only one trait of hers though
that was distinctly un-ladylike. That was when she ate. The Germans
have two words for 'eat'. There's 'essen', which is used when a human
eats, and then there's 'fressen', used when an animal eats. Misty was
definitely a fresser. After knocking back a dish of wet cat food,
there were little bits of food on the floor in a circle around her
plate. She would have made a wonderful cat for someone like Henry the
Eighth, reknowned (perhaps unjustly) for his gusto at the table, but
would have been out of place cadging treats from what one thinks of as
a royal table today.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old December 11th 04, 01:51 PM
Lucy's Mom

How cute! Sounds like a fun game!

Lucy does that, too, with her food. In fact, I have to clean the
wall behind her dishes as well as the floor around them!

--Kim and the Lucy-monster

Old December 11th 04, 02:59 PM
Marina

O J wrote:

[...]

LOL! Nikki is worse than that (not that she's ever very ladylike - she
was born in a stables and acts like it). If she's not overly fond of the
food, she will snag a piece of food on the tip of a claw, shake the paw
vigorously so the bit of food flies away, and the chase is on! This
seems to make the food more intresting to her. The only problem is, the
piece of food usually hits a nearby wall. It's full of little brown
spots of catfood (I'm not a very diligent housekeeper). The spots go up
nearly as high as me (I'm 162 cm tall, c. 5.3 feet).

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 11th 04, 03:06 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 06:26:43 GMT, O J
yodeled:

[...]

Or my brother!

Theresa
Old December 11th 04, 09:03 PM
Christina Websell

I love these nostalgic posts, OJ. Please send me, like the Sausolito story
and all these. I reallly do appreciate them, although I sometimes don't
have time to post back.
Kitty is a disgusting eater. If anything is more than a quarter inch
square, she will drag it out of her dish on to the floor and spread it
around there.
If it's a treat, like a strip of meat or ham fat she'll drag it right across
the kitchen, smearing rugs with fat on the way, so she can eat it in
comfort, in front of the fire.
BF doesn't do this. If something is in his dish, he's polite - like he is
about everything - and it must be eaten with him crouching over it, subduing
things as necessary, but never letting it get on the floor or carpet.
Awwww. This cat is the best cat in the world. Your view may vary ;-)
I probably won't agree with you, though! One cat that might come near to
him - from what I've read - is Stinky.

Kitty is one tiny cat, full of self-importance and selfishness, and she can
be aggressive too. Which is okay, and I managed. I thought all cats were
like that. So when Boyfriend appeared, I can't say that I wanted him at
all. I thought he'd be double the trouble.
He is nothing like that at all! He is the softest natured, most gentle
thing. At first he was too scared to let me touch him, but in the end, he's
inside and we can touch and even pet tummy. It's taken over a year. He
would never scratch me. There have been reasons when I had to do things to
him that he mightn't like, but he never offered to scratch or bite. He's
just a lovely, slightly shy, love bug and he's won this dog person over.

Tweed

Old December 12th 04, 04:40 AM
O J

Tweed wrote:

I love these nostalgic posts, OJ. Please send me, like the Sausolito story
and all these. I reallly do appreciate them, although I sometimes don't
have time to post back.

---------------------snip----------------------

(deep and humble bow)!! I'm delighted that you enjoy them. It seems
that my memories of people and places often seem to tie in with images
of the furry little masters that were present at the scene.

Give me some time to gather them together and it will be my pleasure
to e-mail them to you.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old December 12th 04, 04:46 AM
Dylan Blacquiere

Nocturne, despite her dignity, doesn't like to eat out of the bowl. It's
far nicer to bat a vittle out of the bowl, THEN eat it, then bat another one
out...

--FIl