Question about a vax

Old September 12th 03, 05:20 AM
Liz

Thanks for the info, Liz. Yeah, I hate having to get him the FeLV shot but
he lives with one who is positive and the risk is too great not to.

Welcome! I always think about your kitty and wonder how he´s doing.

Do you know if there´s a titer test for FeLV?

Old September 12th 03, 06:36 PM
Karen M.

"Cheryl" wrote in message ...
In om,
Karen M. composed with style:

[...]
Concurrent use of
corticosteroids at the time of vaccination should be avoided if
practical, but apparently corticosteroids do not result in
ineffective
immunization if short-term low to moderate dose regimens are used.

Thanks Karen. I feel better though we were up at the vets tonight and
he got both the shots. Vet agrees it could still be a tuna allergy if
the reaction was so quick after eating that food with 50% tuna in it.
This poor cat. Since his fur is chewed off at the base of his tail,
she was inspecting the skin there and found a very large, deep scar.
He has a kinked tail so it's pretty apparent he had some trauma that
broke his it at some point before he found me. Probably explains his
behavior at times.

I feel for you Cheryl!! Having a dog with major allergy problems
(discovered German Shepards have their *very own* skin condition
called German Shepard cellulitis, isn't that nice?) I know how
frustrating it can be! Watching your pet suffer and not knowing for
sure what's causing it can make you want to pull your own hair out.
Plus having poor Shadow to worry about too. You're doing great, Cheryl
and I'm glad the vaccines went okay.

xoxo,
Old September 12th 03, 06:36 PM
Karen M.

"Cheryl" wrote in message ...
In om,
Karen M. composed with style:

[...]

Old September 12th 03, 06:36 PM
Karen M.

"Cheryl" wrote in message ...
In om,
Karen M. composed with style:

[...]

Old March 2nd 05, 05:23 PM
ccpouncer ccpouncer is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
Cheryl, I read an article yesterday and thought of you. It is about
vaccines. You might want to read it *before* the booster shots. It´s
at

http://www.adoredbeast.com/vaccines.shtml

This is a great article. Thanks for doing the research.
CC
Old March 3rd 05, 03:04 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 02 Mar 2005 12:23:03p, ccpouncer wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

Liz Wrote:
Cheryl, I read an article yesterday and thought of you. It is
about vaccines. You might want to read it *before* the booster
shots. It´s at

http://www.adoredbeast.com/vaccines.shtml

This is a great article. Thanks for doing the research.
CC

Wow, this was a very very old thread!!! Thankfully, Shamrock no
longer has to have FeLV boosters.

--
Cheryl
Old March 3rd 05, 03:06 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 02 Mar 2005 10:04:06p, Cheryl wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:Xns960DE08CAB915shads@
216.196.97.136):

Liz Wrote:
Cheryl, I read an article yesterday and thought of you. It is
about vaccines. You might want to read it *before* the booster
shots. It´s at

http://www.adoredbeast.com/vaccines.shtml

This is a great article. Thanks for doing the research.
CC

Wow, this was a very very old thread!!! Thankfully, Shamrock no
longer has to have FeLV boosters.

Ugh, that shouldn't be "thankfully" because that means that the
reason he doesn't is because Shadow is now RB.

--
Cheryl
Old March 3rd 05, 03:44 AM
Candace

Ugh, that shouldn't be "thankfully" because that means that the
reason he doesn't is because Shadow is now RB.

--
Cheryl

How does such an old thread get resurrected like this? This ccpouncer
found an old post and answered it, is that what happened? Very odd.
It was freaking me out for a second because a lot of the dates in the
thread were Sept. 11, 2003 (which I know isn't the right year but it
was wierd anyway).

Candace

Old March 4th 05, 01:37 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 02 Mar 2005 10:44:27p, Candace wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

Ugh, that shouldn't be "thankfully" because that means that the
reason he doesn't is because Shadow is now RB.

--
Cheryl

How does such an old thread get resurrected like this? This
ccpouncer found an old post and answered it, is that what
happened? Very odd. It was freaking me out for a second because
a lot of the dates in the thread were Sept. 11, 2003 (which I
know isn't the right year but it was wierd anyway).

Candace

I dunno. My news server doesn't have that kind of retention! If the
post came from google, I'd understand, but it didn't.

--
Cheryl