OT need advice little bit of a rant

Old March 7th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT need advice little bit of a rant

You all know I tell it how it is but this deals with family.

My daughter in laws' mother and father are coming for Easter no problem
there with the husband. The problem is she has those little wiener dogs 2
of them plus 2 palmaramians ( ??? ) and she does not go anywhere without
them. Both the dogs are spoiled so bad if they do something wrong she gives
them a treat and tells them it is alright. Also both dogs have very bad
bathroom habits

Last year she came with them unannounced and tried to come into the
house even though Shelly ( the daughter in law) told her not to try it.
She knows I have cats but her thoughts are I am a guest accommodate me no
matter what. My thoughts were and are this is their house too and your are
the unwelcome unannounced guest. The live here you are just visiting
unannounced why should they have to be put out because of you. She left and
did not come back. Even though the husband told her she was being an a@@
right in front of us.

I had offered to let the dogs stay on the Florida room but no they have
to be in her sight at all times. I offered for all of us to go out there and
enjoy the day but that was not satisfactory for her. I love my cats to
death but would never show up with them unannounced unless it was an
emergency. Let alone try to force them down someone throats

Well my son and daughter in law are asking for her to come to the house
for Easter dinner since as you all know that I am a cook and do big blow
outs on holidays. On Easter weekend we have a 2 day celebration we all get
together Saturday night have fun get up in the morning and go do our thing
for the day than have a real family Sunday dinner.

Here is a problem the kids want her to stay at the house overnight
with everyone. I have put my foot down and said no way she wants to bring
the dogs she can stay at a hotel like everyone else that does not want to
stay for the overnight part. I have said the dogs will be put up whether
she likes it or not

My better half want to make the kids happy. Our son and daughter want
me too. I am ohh to willing to compromise and setup a place for the dogs
such as the Florida room or a bedroom. When we have guest that are not used
to cats. I put the furballs up into their room so they won't bother anyone.
She wants the dogs with her at all times which includes at the dinner table
and where ever we go. I told her we don't even let out cats do this and
they rule the house.

So there is the problem I am willing to compromise. I want to keep peace
but I am not willing to allow the dogs free reign of the house. I am almost
ready to say heck with Easter weekend and all of us do our thing on Sunday
and we met at a restaurant. If someone does not like the place they can go
where they want. Save the hassle completely and I don't even have to cook

Help!!!!!!!!!! advice needed. Thanks for letting me rant

Matthew

Old March 7th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
Help!!!!!!!!!! advice needed. Thanks for letting me rant

I find it appaling that a guest would demand to be accomodated. I was
taught that when one visits someone else's house, one has to abide by
the rules of said house's owner. Not the other way around.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 7th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I should have added she was also a silver spooned spoiled brat who daddy and
mommy gave her anything she wanted and she has never had to work.( aka
another Paris Hilton want a bee)

Same for me Victor I was always taught be thankful that the person invited
you into their homes never turn down their hospitality because it would be
disrespectful to your and theirs family. Must be an old mountain thing

Old March 7th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:23:09 +0000, Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )
wrote:

You all know I tell it how it is but this deals with family.

Help!!!!!!!!!! advice needed. Thanks for letting me rant

Can't say that I blame you. Guests have a need to adjust to the
requirements of their hosts, not the other way around. You're perfectly
right to want to not subject your furkids to those dogs.

Dan
Old March 7th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:23:09 GMT, "Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL
\)" 10 points a troll @linethetrollsup.com wrote:

snip
Well, I would probably put it to the relatives this way: if the dogs
don't come, I will cook; if the dogs do come, I won't. Period, no
arguments accepted.

Then I would post a "No dogs allowed - dogs on this property are, by
definition, strays and *will* be turned in to the dog catcher" sign at
the entrance to the driveway. Unfortunately for me, I live in the
country and there isn't any dog catcher - but I might be able to get
the sheriff to send someone to shoot them.

--
T.E.D. )
Old March 8th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" 10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com wrote in message
.. .
You all know I tell it how it is but this deals with family.

My daughter in laws' mother and father are coming for Easter no
problem there with the husband. The problem is she has those little
wiener dogs 2 of them plus 2 palmaramians ( ??? ) and she does not go
anywhere without them. Both the dogs are spoiled so bad if they do
something wrong she gives them a treat and tells them it is alright. Also
both dogs have very bad bathroom habits

Mathew, it is your house, right? Your house, your rules. I love my
husband's family to death, but then none of them would ever show up to visit
unannounced (unlike some of the members of my own family) let alone with a
surprise of that sort. However, if they did, I'd have the name and address
of a good kennel for them. I wouldn't pay for it either. I hope things
work out for you. You've made a stand, and you have to stick with it, or
you will never have another minute's peace.

Good Luck,

Pam S.

Old March 8th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

It seems that you have done your best to compromise. If she is unable to
agree to any of the things you have suggested I doubt you will reach an
agreement no matter what you do. Some people are like that.
How about suggesting that she hosts the Easter get together?! It is sad that
one person should make it so difficult for everyone else. Perhaps it is
worth having a word with her husband to see if he can make her see reason.
As for changing your plans, you could put it to a family vote.
What would I do?
Tell her what your arrangements are,make it plain you will not tolerate her
inconsiderate behaviour and let her decide what she wants to do. She sounds
like she would only ruin things anyway! (But then, I have long ago decided
not to put up with bad behaviour even from family members, and have been
able to live with the consequences). Depends how strong you are feeling and
how much pressure others will subject you to.

Best of luck with whatever you choose to do,

Sandra

Old March 8th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Can I ask someone to shoot me now and get it over with

Old March 8th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

Another alternative, but you'll have to be downright nonbending and
not "cave", is to - if the weather there is as nice as I think it probably
is, not like he sweltering one day and snow the next - insist that
dog pack stay outside the house somewhere.....when the tantrum
gets full underway, "cave" to confining the dog pack to this Florida
room/porch, period. No more leeway (instead of no more retail).
You don't want to permit this woman, who has the nerve of a
brass monkey (ever heard that?) and NO sensitivity for others,
totally ruin your holiday with your family, do you? A man has
to take a stand (think of it that way) even if his wife leans toward
letting this b**** have her way *in someone else's home to
which she is an invited guest.

Old March 8th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

[...]

I vote for the restaurant! IMHO it is the most sensible solution. MLB