[OT] The Yowlet turns 2

Old April 13th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] The Yowlet turns 2

In message , Yowie
writes
"Mogget" wrote in message
In message , Yowie
writes
I can't believe The Yowlet, my baby, is 2 today.

Wow. Doesn't time fly? (My baby is now three. And my NEW baby is twelve
weeks already.)

Many happy returns to the Yowlet. And congratulations to his parents for
surviving it.

Expect a huge change in the next year. The difference between two and two
and a half is enormous. But don't worry, because it's all delightful.

I want to slow down time so I don't miss out on anything!!! They are small
increments, but if I pay attention, there's even a difference from week to
week. They're amazing little creatures. We feel so blessed.

Quite so. At every stage of her development, I have wished that she
wouldn't grow up, that she would stay like that forever. But of course
she does change; she can't not. And what she changes into is always
even more lovely.

And Frogmella is *THREE*???? My goodness, I remember you worrying about what
wedding dress you were going to wear, and then seeing you & your hubby walk
down the aisle together.

Heh. Yeah. Must get the wedding pics sorted out some day... I'm sure
there are some people who don't consider three and a half years old
hat...

Mind you, that was a heck of a maternity dress.

Frogmella was a merely a rather large bump. And
she's *THREE* now? And her sister is already 4 months old?????

Um no, three months, nearly. But then we are only thick chemists, what
do we know about counting?

My goodness,
where'd all that time go?

In a fog of sleep deprivation, mostly :-)

It's SO much easier this time round, there aren't words for it.
--
Mogget
Old April 17th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-05, Yowie penned:

Cary is not into sticking things up his nose. His favourite orifices
(orifii?) are his ears. His favourite thing to stick in them? Kitty
kibble! I still have *no idea* why sticking kitty kibble in one's
ears is such a pleasuable activity, but the number of cat crunchies
Joel & I have plucked from that boys ears is incredible, and I'm
always paranoid when we go to the doctor that the doc will find one
we missed!

Not to worry you, but could he have itchy ears and be doing that to
relieve it?

When I have sinus problems, sometimes my ears get very itchy.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 21st 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:

snip
I know *exactly* how you feel. Last night, Cary blessed us with real kisses,
Before now, he kissed by opening his mouth and smearing spit across whatever
surface he was 'kissing'. Now he does it properly, purses his lips, and gets
the proper *kiss* sound too. Of course, we were second in his kissing
regime. The first person he actually really kissed was of course IBKFergus.

snip
Yowie

How adorable! Thank you for sharing the story with us.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old April 22nd 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-05, Yowie penned:

Cary is not into sticking things up his nose. His favourite orifices
(orifii?) are his ears. His favourite thing to stick in them? Kitty
kibble! I still have *no idea* why sticking kitty kibble in one's
ears is such a pleasuable activity, but the number of cat crunchies
Joel & I have plucked from that boys ears is incredible, and I'm
always paranoid when we go to the doctor that the doc will find one
we missed!

Not to worry you, but could he have itchy ears and be doing that to
relieve it?

Quite likely thats how it started - he was always having ear infections and
you could see the scratch marks on his neck each morning, poor little thing.
He has grommits now, which seemed to have solved that problem, but perhaps
the kibble insertion is just a habit now. Who knows with young kids? He now
collects pebbles from wherever he goes. The number of small rocks I"ve
fished out of hte washing machine and dryer.....

When I have sinus problems, sometimes my ears get very itchy.

I am the one who (genetically) gave Cary the crappy ears. Every time I start
to get a cold or flu, my ears itch something terrible. And the itch seems
*just* out of reach no matter how deep I shove those cotton buds. Its
infuriating, so I know how he (and you) feels.

Old April 22nd 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-22, Yowie penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

Not to worry you, but could he have itchy ears and be doing that to
relieve it?

Quite likely thats how it started - he was always having ear
infections and you could see the scratch marks on his neck each
morning, poor little thing. He has grommits now, which seemed to
have solved that problem, but perhaps the kibble insertion is just a
habit now. Who knows with young kids? He now collects pebbles from
wherever he goes. The number of small rocks I"ve fished out of hte
washing machine and dryer.....

I've actually also heard that craniosacral therapy can do wonders for
ear infections in children. Might be worth looking at, if it saves
him from further surgery ...

(I've never tried it myself, so I can't vouch for it personally.)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 22nd 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-05, Yowie penned:

[...]

Have you tried treating his throat? The eustachean (sp?) tubes open in
the throat. Best wishes. MLB

Old April 22nd 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-05, Yowie penned:

[...]

Speaking of cotton buds, my ears itch a lot, too, partly because my ear wax
seems to be more liquid than most. I can actually feel it oozing sometimes.
So I use a lot of cotton buds. The last time I bought them, I tried to save
money by getting cheap ones. Twice I have had the cotton come off in my
ear, so deep that I had to use tweezers to get it out. From now on, I'll
buy name brands.

Joy

Old April 23rd 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Joy" wrote in message
om...
On 2006-04-05, Yowie penned:

[...]

I *always* tighten the cotton by twisting it on more (ie, holding it firmly
between thumb & finger & turning th ebid around a few times). Its become a
habit now, but I stated doing htat after I too had to dig out 'lost' cotton.

Yowie

Old April 23rd 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:

I am the one who (genetically) gave Cary the crappy ears. Every time I start
to get a cold or flu, my ears itch something terrible. And the itch seems
*just* out of reach no matter how deep I shove those cotton buds. Its
infuriating, so I know how he (and you) feels.

Oh, I know what you mean! I get that from allergies. It drives me nuts.

Joyce
Old April 23rd 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Joy" wrote in message
om...
On 2006-04-05, Yowie penned:

[...]

Yes, I do that now, too. And if it doesn't seem to want to tighten, I don't
use it.

Joy

[OT] The Yowlet turns 1! Yowie Cat anecdotes 33 April 7th 05 05:02 PM
[OT] New Yowlet pics Yowie Cat anecdotes 9 February 21st 05 06:56 AM
[OT] Yowlet Update Yowie Cat anecdotes 7 December 13th 04 12:25 AM
[OT] Cousin Yowlet Sherry Cat anecdotes 32 August 13th 04 12:28 AM
[OT] Yowlet Photos Yowie Cat anecdotes 57 May 30th 04 01:30 PM