Lois, Ken and Kitties

Old April 15th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Lois, Ken and Kitties

I went to see Lois last week and guess what, she had kept two Burmese
kittens. (for those of you who didn't know, Lois bred Bonnie and Clyde).

I have never seen such naughtiness. They used Ken's stomach as a
trampoline, raced up my arm and did a circuit of my head, sped up the
flyscreen - ah, it brought back memories. I noted that the toilet door
had to be permanently closed to stop destruction of the toilet roll, the
tall open china cabinet has also suffered from a cleansing of the shelves.
The pair had to be put in the kitten room while we had our coffee and Easter
buns -nothing was safe!

Two woman who had bought three kitties over a year ago had had a birthday
party for them and they gave Lois a calendar with a beautiful photo of the
kitties for every month. I do wish there was some way for you to see it,
the photos were so well done and the colour co-ordination and poses great.

An older kitty (one of Lois's x-mums and re-homed)always has her slave send
Lois an easter egg and other little gifts during the year

Meanwhile at home a day or so before Bonnie had managed an Easter trick.
She fell in the creek and came home looking like a drowned rat!!! She
refused to be bathed and spent some hours licking stagnant, smelly water off
herself. Fortunately she came out of it OK.

It's the beginning of winter here and B & C sure know it.
They are spread out in front of the GGH (great god heater) this morning and
so far OUT is a no no.

Happy Easter everyone and to all kitties too.

http://www.strevelsgraphics.com/e2.html

Bev

--

A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of
treacle, and melted under the gate -

Old April 15th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 07:55:18 +1200, "Bev" yodeled:

I went to see Lois last week and guess what, she had kept two Burmese
kittens. (for those of you who didn't know, Lois bred Bonnie and Clyde).

I have never seen such naughtiness.

Oh my, what a big fib!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 16th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 07:55:18 +1200, "Bev" yodeled:

I went to see Lois last week and guess what, she had kept two Burmese
kittens. (for those of you who didn't know, Lois bred Bonnie and Clyde).

I have never seen such naughtiness.

Oh my, what a big fib!

I was thinking the same thing. Either that, or these kitties are way
off the charts! I mean, *more* naughty than Bonnie and Clyde? Not to mention
Ollie?

Joyce

Old April 16th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Bev" wrote in message
I went to see Lois last week and guess what, she had kept two Burmese
kittens. (for those of you who didn't know, Lois bred Bonnie and Clyde).

I have never seen such naughtiness. They used Ken's stomach as a
trampoline, raced up my arm and did a circuit of my head, sped up the
flyscreen - ah, it brought back memories. I noted that the toilet
door had to be permanently closed to stop destruction of the toilet roll,
the tall open china cabinet has also suffered from a cleansing of the
shelves. The pair had to be put in the kitten room while we had our coffee
and Easter buns -nothing was safe!

No, no, no Bev, NOT naughty, just VERY active and inquistive, they NEED to
check out EVERYTHING.

Had them outside today on their harness's, trying to teach them to walk with
one on - we got the Boy (Soumra) walking on the harness, he is really good
but the girls, they will frolick around the garden on their own but the
minute you pick up the lead to walk them they lay down and say (with a
pouting meow) I don't want to walk and you can't make me!!!! today we got
the better of them, had a dangly thingy in front of them so they were happy
to chase it, which meant they were walking and sometimes running to catch
it, they come back inside exhausted as do the slaves, we will all sleep well
tonight!

Purrs
Lois

Old April 17th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

The kitties sound delightful, if somewhat exhausting.
Hearing about the antics of other folks' hoolikittens puts into
perspective how much Spock and Persephone have grown up and settled
down (they're 3 1/2 now). They still have the zoomies, but it's only
twice a day now instead of twice an hour (LOL), and Spock hasn't
climbed the curtains for at least a year (thank goodness!).

Spock is our inquisicat - he may not be touched or picked up, but he
needs to be "in" on *everything* we do inside the house. Making beds
*always* includes a session of flicking the sheet while Spock bounces
around underneath, and any cupboards that are opened *have* to be
inspected. Of course, any visitors also get the treatment - a
thorough sniffing and then a body-swipe to claim them as his own.

Tish - who has given up hope on catching up on posts

Old April 17th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-17, Tish Silberbauer penned:
The kitties sound delightful, if somewhat exhausting. Hearing about
the antics of other folks' hoolikittens puts into perspective how
much Spock and Persephone have grown up and settled down (they're 3
1/2 now). They still have the zoomies, but it's only twice a day
now instead of twice an hour (LOL), and Spock hasn't climbed the
curtains for at least a year (thank goodness!).

Yeah, I always claim that Oscar is incredibly easy to get along with,
but I tend to forget little things, like how she knocked just about
everything on a table, desk, counter, etc onto the floor, and how she
ate through every single set of blinds in my apartment. And how she
liked to stretch on the A/C air vents and then would get stuck there
and have to be freed, which involved lots of hissing and risk of human
life and limb.

She was great fun as a kitten, but is much easier to get along with
now.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 17th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
Yeah, I always claim that Oscar is incredibly easy to get along with,
but I tend to forget little things, like how she knocked just about
everything on a table, desk, counter, etc onto the floor, and how she
ate through every single set of blinds in my apartment. And how she
liked to stretch on the A/C air vents and then would get stuck there
and have to be freed, which involved lots of hissing and risk of human
life and limb.

She was great fun as a kitten, but is much easier to get along with
now.

I got Rusty when he was 1 year old, so I missed his kitten phase. But
he has always been a relatively well behaved cat. I didn't realize this
until I cat-sat friends' cat. Then I came home and told Rusty what a
good boy he was.

Winnie

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 18th 06, 12:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thanks Bev, its great hearing about the New Zealand Catslaves. You Burmese
slaves are nutz!
Suz&Spicey