Cat saves baby's life

Old April 17th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cat saves baby's life

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Unfortunately, a lot of teenagers are feeling the urge at a time when
they are still extremely worried about not calling attention to
themselves. How many teens do you know who would happily have sex but
would be too embarrassed to buy condoms?

Either embarrassed, or not wanting to get caught. If they live in a small
town, could be the folks at the pharmacy have known them all their lives,
and might tell their folks. I guess they could go to a drugstore in another
town, but if there isn't much public transit and they're not old enough to
drive, that could be difficult.

I think that's one big reason some parents make sure their kids have
access to birth control. They know that, no matter what they say, if
their kids want to have sex, they're probably going to do it, and
better to make sure they're protected than end up pregnant (or a father),
or worse, with HIV or hepatitis.

Joyce
Old April 17th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

....And even MORE "scandalous" when you realize that, not so
long ago, the U.S. was regarded as a shining example by the
rest of the world! When did things change so drastically?

Things went sharply downhill in the 1980s, with the Reagan
administration. Speaking domestically, anyway. I don't think
our foreign policies have ever been anything to brag about.

Joyce
Old April 17th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Wow, I wasn't even thinking of that. I've always figured that someone
who dumps a child just doesn't have the wherewithal, either financially
or emotionally, to raise a child. Eg, they're too poor, or on drugs,
emotionally screwed up, in an abusive situation... I guess a lot of
things could drive someone to abandon her baby.

....But on a stranger's doorstep, in the dead of winter?
(Better than a dumpster, true - but not by much.)

Well, if someone's simply too poor, then yeah, that would be a pretty
extreme thing to do. But when someone is drugged out or has mental
illness or severe emotional problems, who knows what they might do?
I wouldn't necessarily expect such a person's thinking to be very
sensible or even ethical.

Joyce
Old April 17th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

ALL US ME KNOWN THAT feeling Evelyn sorry to get off this topic

Why is it woman tell men oh go to the store and buy us sanitary napkins of
course you know we are going to do it ( HELP US WE ARE LOST ) and we get
there and there is a hundred different varieties to choose from.

I played a bad trick on my wife and daughter once both same time of the
month; no comment. They both need some and asked me to go get their brand I
ask what it was the gave me a vague description of the bag. I went into
the bathroom and got the bags and took them with me unknown to them. Now
they are the type only to buy what for they need now and forget about next
time. That night was terrible rainstorm I went to one of my store and
brought home every type there was in the store came home and dumped everyone
of them in front of them except their type. Ohh the look on their faces was
worth it when they found their brand was not there and I was not going back
out in the storm.
After a little fussing I said what is about men that all women should
know tell us exactly what you want and you will get it no round about way
to it . I dropped a 4 moth supply of their brand into their laps and said
next time the car does something strange, you need something, you want
something or feelings need to be expressed I want to know what it exactly
was or is and not in a round about way. I happily slept on the couch that
night

Matthew

On 2006-04-17, jmcquown penned:

Or at a church, IIRC. I think it's a shame someone feels so
stigmatized by having a child out of wedlock (I am *assuming* here)
that they have to dump a child. Birth control is free even in this
country call the USA; planned parenthood gives out free condoms and
birth control pills or patches and unless you are under the age of
15, in most states you don't need parental permission.

Unfortunately, a lot of teenagers are feeling the urge at a time when
they are still extremely worried about not calling attention to
themselves. How many teens do you know who would happily have sex but
would be too embarrassed to buy condoms?

Of course I'm from a much older generation, but it used to embarrass ME to
buy sanitary napkins (let alone tampons)! Fortunately, there wasn't any
alternative to THOSE, so I just had to be embarrassed.

Old April 17th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-17, jmcquown penned:

Or at a church, IIRC. I think it's a shame someone feels so
stigmatized by having a child out of wedlock (I am *assuming* here)
that they have to dump a child. Birth control is free even in this
country call the USA; planned parenthood gives out free condoms and
birth control pills or patches and unless you are under the age of
15, in most states you don't need parental permission.

Unfortunately, a lot of teenagers are feeling the urge at a time when
they are still extremely worried about not calling attention to
themselves. How many teens do you know who would happily have sex but
would be too embarrassed to buy condoms?

They don't have to buy them in front of anyone. Every man or boy knows that
they sell them in all the USA gas stations mens room for $.75 to $1.00

--
monique, once again thankful that she survived her more foolish
moments without a lifetime reminder

Old April 17th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

IIRC. I think it's a shame someone feels so stigmatized by
having a child out of wedlock (I am *assuming* here) that they have to

dump
a child. Wow, I wasn't even thinking of that. I've always figured that

someone
who dumps a child just doesn't have the wherewithal, either financially
or emotionally, to raise a child. Eg, they're too poor, or on drugs,
emotionally screwed up, in an abusive situation... I guess a lot of
things could drive someone to abandon her baby.

....But on a stranger's doorstep, in the dead of winter? (Better than a
dumpster, true - but not by much.)

IF they carried them to a doorstep they could have taken them to an open are
with people aruond and left them
Berlin is not wilderness or limited buildings there are plenty of places
that they could have taken the baby to and left the baby to be found
easily
It does not say in the news report IMO if they truly wanted someone to
find the baby the person would have rang the bell till somone turned a
light on or they heard movement and than ran others wise well you get the
picture unless that someone not in the right frame of mind fully
Any one want to bet the mother turns up or the child turns out to be
missing