*SIGH*

Old April 22nd 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default *SIGH*

For the last few weeks, I've been trying to identify where the smell of
cat pee is coming from in my living room. Eventually I found out today.
Someone has been peeing behind the sofa. I have my suspicions who it
might be, because I caught Cleo middening in the kitchen so it looks
like another vet check is in order for a UTI. (

I feel like I have the most unhealthy cats on the planet at the moment!

*Grumble*

Helen M

Old April 22nd 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"HRFLTiger" wrote in message
oups.com...
For the last few weeks, I've been trying to identify where the smell of
cat pee is coming from in my living room. Eventually I found out today.
Someone has been peeing behind the sofa. I have my suspicions who it
might be, because I caught Cleo middening in the kitchen so it looks
like another vet check is in order for a UTI. (

I feel like I have the most unhealthy cats on the planet at the moment!

*Grumble*

Helen M

I have forgotten (sorry) if Cleo is old. Is she? I've had a similar
problem with KFC this winter. I only have a litter box in the house in case
they have to be kept in overnight for a TED visit so that's just *very
occasional.* Normally there isn't one as they are expected to perform in
the out.
Kitty has started to try and sneak behind the woodburner to pee, it's out of
sight, but if I notice her doing it I say loudly "hey, Kitty, get out of
there and get outside!!" So then she does and does her business out there.
I don't tell her off about it, she is very old and probably if she sees rain
out there - she hates getting her feet wet - behind the woodburner seems a
good option. Providing I don't notice ;-)
She does *not* have a UTI. She can go 12 hours without peeing, she just
doesn't want to get wet or cold. I don't blame her.

Tweed

Old April 22nd 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kitty has started to try and sneak behind the woodburner to pee

Why not put a litterbox back there?

Old April 22nd 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

Kitty has started to try and sneak behind the woodburner to pee

Why not put a litterbox back there?

No room, 6 inch space behind it, 4 inch space each side.

Old April 22nd 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"HRFLTiger" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

My cat door opens into the garage, and the cats go out the back garage door
to get outside. When it's raining, or when rain is expected, I put a litter
box in the garage. Quite often they go outside rather than use the box,
even if it's raining. Then, if I don't pick up the box, sometimes one of
them uses it when it's clear outside.

Joy

Old April 23rd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Joy" wrote in message
et...
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"HRFLTiger" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I don't have a garage. It's outside or nothing. There is 1/4 acre of
garden for them to find a spot!
Kitty has got a bit lazy from spending all the winter by the fire, she is
perfectly capable of going out for toilet duties, and will do so if I spot
her trying to nip behind the woodburner and remind her that this is just
*not on.*
If she gets too frail, I will of course provide her with a litter box..but
that is not necessary at the moment. It was sunny today and she was out in
the garden by choice threatening bumble bees and butterflies.

Tweed

Old April 23rd 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

Kitty has started to try and sneak behind the woodburner to pee...
She does *not* have a UTI. She can go 12 hours without peeing, she just
doesn't want to get wet or cold. I don't blame her.

Is there some way you could set up a little shelter for her outside
where she wouldn't get wet? I don't mean a full enclosure, just something
with a roof, keeping the rain off of her? That wouldn't stop her from
being cold, but at least it would take care of one problem.

Hmm... I guess you'd have to put it right next to the house in order
for it to be useful to her (otherwise she'd have to get wet going there),
and maybe you don't want cat pee right next to your house, so... maybe
that's not very workable.

She needs a dry, heated outhouse!

Joyce
Old April 23rd 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-22, Christina Websell wrote:

I don't tell her off about it, she is very old and probably if she sees rain
out there - she hates getting her feet wet - behind the woodburner seems a
good option. Providing I don't notice ;-)

Years ago it was raining a flood and my old tomcat Whitey Ford needed
to go out. He sat at the edge of the porch watching the rain until he
simply had to go, at which time he howled his defiance up at the sky and,
squaring his shoulders like John Wayne, walked into the wet to do what
a cat had to do.

Whitey was a funny old cat. He was in love with anyone who sat in a
particular chair. It didn't matter who. If you sat in that chair he
took it as an invitation to leap onto the sitter's lap, where he would
purr, knead and drool.

--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.
Old April 23rd 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Kitty has started to try and sneak behind the woodburner to pee...
She does *not* have a UTI. She can go 12 hours without peeing, she just
doesn't want to get wet or cold. I don't blame her.

Is there some way you could set up a little shelter for her outside
where she wouldn't get wet? I don't mean a full enclosure, just something
with a roof, keeping the rain off of her? That wouldn't stop her from
being cold, but at least it would take care of one problem.

Hmm... I guess you'd have to put it right next to the house in order
for it to be useful to her (otherwise she'd have to get wet going there),
and maybe you don't want cat pee right next to your house, so... maybe
that's not very workable.

She needs a dry, heated outhouse!

ROFL! No she doesn't. Remember, this is a cat that lived outside for at
least 7 years. She has merely got a bit spoiled by being inside snoozing
all winter, she is perfectly capable of going outside to toilet, she has 1/4
acre to find a spot that suits and if she sees that I notice her trying to
get behind the woodburner she absolutely flies outside..
She's just got lazy, why stir far from that warm fire in the kitchen to pee?
Why go outside when you can go into the next room and nip behind the
woodburner?
She'll probably go out more as the weather improves, I hope so. I don't
want to get into a confrontation with her about her toilet habits.
It's best not to get into a confrontation with KFC about anything, really.
She will do exactly what she wants to whenever she wants to do it. I don't
know why I think I can alter anything. Just hoping I might be in control I
suppose.

Tweed

Old April 23rd 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

I don't want to get into a confrontation with her about her toilet
habits. It's best not to get into a confrontation with KFC about
anything, really. She will do exactly what she wants to whenever
she wants to do it.

That's my girl! I do whatever I want whenever I want, too... when mom's
not looking, that is.

Licky