*SIGH*

Old April 23rd 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default *SIGH*

Doesn't it all seem to happen at once? I don't know why. I've always
wondered if the stars really do line up wrong or if Mercury is in
retrograde...

Hope everyone feels better soon, including you.

Rhonda

HRFLTiger wrote:

For the last few weeks, I've been trying to identify where the smell of
cat pee is coming from in my living room. Eventually I found out today.
Someone has been peeing behind the sofa. I have my suspicions who it
might be, because I caught Cleo middening in the kitchen so it looks
like another vet check is in order for a UTI. (

I feel like I have the most unhealthy cats on the planet at the moment!

*Grumble*

Helen M

Old April 23rd 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"William Hamblen" wrote in message
. ..

Years ago it was raining a flood and my old tomcat Whitey Ford needed
to go out. He sat at the edge of the porch watching the rain until he
simply had to go, at which time he howled his defiance up at the sky and,
squaring his shoulders like John Wayne, walked into the wet to do what
a cat had to do.

Whitey was a funny old cat. He was in love with anyone who sat in a
particular chair. It didn't matter who. If you sat in that chair he
took it as an invitation to leap onto the sitter's lap, where he would
purr, knead and drool.

Is drooling common among old cats? I noticed as Rusty started drooling
in my lap. I talked to the vet tech about it, and she said he could have
teeth
problems. But TED examined him and didn't find anything wrong. Rusty is
going
to be 12 in June, God willing.

Winnie

--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.

Old April 23rd 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 22 Apr 2006 11:50:08 -0700, "HRFLTiger"
wrote:

For the last few weeks, I've been trying to identify where the smell of
cat pee is coming from in my living room. Eventually I found out today.
Someone has been peeing behind the sofa. I have my suspicions who it
might be, because I caught Cleo middening in the kitchen so it looks
like another vet check is in order for a UTI. (

I feel like I have the most unhealthy cats on the planet at the moment!

*Grumble*

Helen M

{{{{Helen}}}}}

It always happens all at once, doesn't it?

Purrs that Cleo will be okay very soon, and everyone be healthy!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old April 23rd 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-23, W. Leong wrote:

Is drooling common among old cats? I noticed as Rusty started drooling
in my lap. I talked to the vet tech about it, and she said he could have
teeth
problems. But TED examined him and didn't find anything wrong. Rusty is
going
to be 12 in June, God willing.

Whitey drooled as a kitten and just kept it up all his life. This was
around 25 years ago.

--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.
Old April 23rd 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

HRFLTiger wrote:

For the last few weeks, I've been trying to identify where the smell of
cat pee is coming from in my living room. Eventually I found out today.
Someone has been peeing behind the sofa. I have my suspicions who it
might be, because I caught Cleo middening in the kitchen so it looks
like another vet check is in order for a UTI. (

I feel like I have the most unhealthy cats on the planet at the moment!

*Grumble*

Helen M

Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for the problem to be easy to solve,
Polonca and Soncek

Old April 24th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 19:46:52 -0500, William Hamblen

On 2006-04-22, Christina Websell wrote:

I don't tell her off about it, she is very old and probably if she sees rain
out there - she hates getting her feet wet - behind the woodburner seems a
good option. Providing I don't notice ;-)

Years ago it was raining a flood and my old tomcat Whitey Ford needed
to go out. He sat at the edge of the porch watching the rain until he
simply had to go, at which time he howled his defiance up at the sky and,
squaring his shoulders like John Wayne, walked into the wet to do what
a cat had to do.

Whitey was a funny old cat. He was in love with anyone who sat in a
particular chair. It didn't matter who. If you sat in that chair he
took it as an invitation to leap onto the sitter's lap, where he would
purr, knead and drool.

My parents had a cat for 15 years who was trained to go outside,
rather than to use a litterbox. If it was raining outside, she would
usually lead a human to several doors in turn, apparently in hopes of
finding better weather through one of them. She would eventually go
out into the wet when her bladder pressure got high enough, but would
then complain loudly for several minutes once she came back inside.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old April 24th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

My "pee queen" goes in odd places too, when she has UTI and sometimes
not... The best thing I've found is to immediately spray with vinegar
(I keep a spray bottle for that purrrpose), leave it for about a minute
to neutralize the odor, wipe it up with a paper towel, then apply more
vinegar and let it dry. Works better for me than any of the expensive
things.

Also, sprinkling ground black pepper in the pee spot helps the kitties
learn not to go there (the person who told me this said, "Kitties are
scratch and sniff." It works most of the time but you need to remember
to sprinkle it around once every three days or so.

Cantate