What a relief! (I think)

Old September 27th 04, 12:24 PM
Marina

Default What a relief! (I think)

Just got back with Frank from TED's, and he headed straight for the
food! YAY! The Power of Purr works its wonders again! Thank you all so
very, very much for being here for me. I was quite sure, both on
Saturday when I went to the vet school and today when I went to TED's,
that Frank would never be coming home again.

Guess what was the matter? An infection in the root canal of his lower
right-hand fang! And the vet at the vet school didn't spot it! And
they're supposed to be a teaching hospital. Grrr. OK, Frank's own vet
was helped by the fact that, just as she was looking at his mouth (which
was obviously not so sore any more, because he allowed her to handel his
jaw), some pus squirted on her hand from the abscess in his jaw. So,
poor Frank was sedated again, he had some dental work, an infusion, and
a shot of antibiotics, and tomorrow and ten days on I get to pill him.
Yay - not.

He'll have to have the fang surgically removed after the course of
antibiotics is over. The bad news is, he'll have to go to the vet school
hospital for that. Grrr. I'd rather never again take one of my cats to
that place, but it's the only place within a reasonable distance where
they have the equipment to do it (taking into consideration that I don't
have a car).

But he's home, he seems much perkier already, and he ate! That's good
enough for now.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old September 27th 04, 12:26 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Just got back with Frank from TED's, and he headed straight for the
food! YAY! The Power of Purr works its wonders again! Thank you all so
very, very much for being here for me. I was quite sure, both on
Saturday when I went to the vet school and today when I went to TED's,
that Frank would never be coming home again.

Been away for most of the weekend, so I missed this. No wonder Waffles has been
out hunting loads of mousies from the garden - she is obviously going to
teleport all this medicinal stuff over to her beloved Frank.

Here's hoping that when the fang has to be removed, Frank is back to his old
God of Lurrrve self again.

I have instructed Waffles that no, she may not have Frank's fang to hang on a
necklet as a keepsake...

Give him some gentle earscritches from me. If he disappears for an hour or so,
you know he's just teleported over here for some TLC from a certain cat ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old September 27th 04, 01:14 PM
Helen Wheels

Marina wrote:
Just got back with Frank from TED's, and he headed straight for the
food! YAY!

Double YAY! Thank goodness young Frank's going to be OK. It's always
such a relief to see them eat again.

Old September 27th 04, 01:24 PM
badwilson

Yay! Good news! I'm glad that you figured out what the problem is
and that it wasn't anything you did. Purrs for the pilling and the
fang removal.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's