Shadow

Old December 31st 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Shadow

On Dec 31, 4:15*am, "Adrian" wrote:
That did make me think of Smokey (RB) he would sometimes go next door for a
rest. My neighbour pretended not to like cats, one day he said to me "that
blooming cat of yours" I said "what about him?" he said "he's been asleep on
my bed for the last three hours"

I once went round a friends mums house and in the middle of the floor
in front of the fire was a huge ginger cat, stretched out in front of
the fire sound asleep excluding all the other cats and when I
complimented her on this magnificent feline, she said "He's not mine,
I think he lives a few doors down but he comes in here every afternoon
for a sleep"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 31st 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Adrian wrote:

I'm certain that Shadow is a feral, I first saw him about five years ago
eating cold potatoes that I'd put out for the birds. At first he would run
away even from someone looking out of the window, gradually he got more tame
and now lives in the Summer House where he has a cosey bed and gets fed
every day. I had him neautered earlier this year and he's improved more
quickly since then, he accepts pettings now but hasn't purred yet, I'm sure
he will sometime in 2008.

I've had a couple of cats (never homeless or mistreated,
SFAIK) who NEVER purred! They'd cuddle, lapsit, and
apparently enjoy petting, but nary a purr!