OK, my neighbours blew it!

Old August 20th 12, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default OK, my neighbours blew it!

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
Yesterday I heard a lot of excited chattering at full volume near to my
back door over the fence. My neighbours are incapable of speaking in
normal tones for some reason. I eventually went out to find they were
"pruning" two of my trees by gettting on a ladder and leaning over my
fence. Yes, they are entitled to remove branches if they are over
their side, but these were twigs and they've hacked and massacred my
tree which was just coming into fruit by taking out half of the three
trunks, which they are not allowed to do. Reducing the height is not
allowed. I said "what do you think you are doing? stop it at once."
Needless to say, they didn't. So I said "if you continue you might
regret this.." They continued. They have really damaged my tree and I
use the fruit to make wine. Plus they threw the remains over their
back wall into the plot one of my neighbour owns.

Next stop my solicitor to get the end of their wall out of my garden. I
was hoping to avoid this but I am so livid now that I am prepared to
spend money I was hoping would keep me going until the middle of next
year. It will take me a few days to write out the history and drawings
to present to my solicitor but they've gone too far this time. I've
never had such bad neighbours ever. All that blackmail about not
allowing my car out etc, forcing me to get a block kerb in and now this.
I wanted to push him off his ladder when he was ruining my tree but
decided against it. It would not help my case, would it?

Tweed

That's disgusting behaviour!!!

Before you go to the solicitor, have a word with the neighbour at the
bottom of their garden, (the one who got the branches thrown in his
garden.)to see if he would back you up (I'll bet he's having trouble with
them too)and maybe you could share the costs. It might have more effect on
these bullying thugs the more neighbours were involved in action against
them.

It's not as easy as that. One upon a time when my nice neighbours lived
there, they had a long garden like mine. Then the house and land was sold
to a builder, who sold the house for refurbishment, along with a bit of land
to the back, leaving the rest of the garden parallel to mine to keep for
himself for some future use. That's where they've thrown it - over their
back wall.
Although I know him quite well, I doubt he would care, although he did note
last time he came to see about the fallen willow tree that he thought they'd
built their wall a foot or so further back than the land he sold them.
That's how it's done. A foot or so at a time.

Old August 20th 12, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
[...]

I think you did very well in resisting, I'm not sure I'd have been able to.
Good luck with legal proceedings, sue him for all he's got.
--
Adrian
Old August 20th 12, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
..
I wanted to push him off his ladder when he was ruining my tree but
decided
against it. It would not help my case, would it?

Tweed

I think you did very well in resisting, I'm not sure I'd have been able
to.

I am only human and I very nearly did it. So nearly , so nearly.
btw if my husband had been still alive my neighbour would have been off that
ladder in a moment and getting a Geordie kiss. I was his princess.
A Geordie kiss is a headbutt that is likely to break your nose and/or knock
you down,.

Good luck with legal proceedings, sue him for all he's got.

I'm going to try.

Tweed

Old August 20th 12, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

btw if my husband had been still alive my neighbour would have been off that
ladder in a moment and getting a Geordie kiss. I was his princess.
A Geordie kiss is a headbutt that is likely to break your nose and/or knock
you down,.

I think this is what Licky is going for when he gives me a heatbutt and
noserub. He's really forceful about it! I'm going to tell him what a
"Geordie kiss" is, LOL.

--
Joyce

A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
-- Leo Rosten
Old August 28th 12, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:31:18 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

In any case, what I have is a civil case, it would not be funded by Legal
Aid so I will have to do it myself.

I don't know how your Legal Aid works but in NYC Legal Aid handles
Criminal, Civil, and Juvenile cases.
Old August 28th 12, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

wrote:

In any case, what I have is a civil case, it would not be funded by Legal
Aid so I will have to do it myself.

I don't know how your Legal Aid works but in NYC Legal Aid handles
Criminal, Civil, and Juvenile cases.

This is not always the case in different jurisdictions.

--
Cheryl

OT. New neighbours again Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 33 December 28th 11 01:44 AM
My neighbours moved away Christina Websell[_2_] Cat anecdotes 18 February 4th 10 05:43 PM
OT Da Water Pipe Blew Kyla =^..^=[_2_] Cat anecdotes 16 September 25th 09 12:32 AM
LOL! I Blew It CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 December 23rd 05 01:53 AM
My cat steals from my neighbours Paul Cat health & behaviour 20 August 26th 04 04:36 PM