It's only a matter of time.....

Old April 3rd 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default It's only a matter of time.....

One of my co-workers had adopted her first cat 6 months ago. His name
is Spencer and though he's the only cat in a household with three
other dogs, it doens't stop him one bit. In fact, for fun he likes to
sneak up on the chihuahua and suddenly pounce and then take off
running with the chichuahua hot on his tail. hehehehe

Of course Spencer HATES being at the vet. I've handled him before and
he's the kind of cat that's going to hiss, spit and try to claw you no
matter what you do to him.

Anyway, in a pervious entry about 4 months ago, we were giving Spencer
an exam and giving him his kitten shots, and my co-worker said, "He
sleeps all day, is that normal?"

And I think i said something to the effect of "Just wait until he
decides to run around the house and over your sleeping head at 3 in
the morning."

Well, today she told me of another thing Spencer has started doing.
Yesterday he brought in a dead bird. Of course my co-worker was
horrified and I'm sure Spencer was wondering why his Meowmie was so
shocked and threw away his hard earned kill.

"He was bringing you his kill, as tribute!" I said. My co-worker
just shook her head.

"Oh yeah?" I said, "If you think that was fun, just wait until he
brings in a LIVE one. Or better yet, wait until he starts bringing in
rodents, dead or alive."

My co-worker shuddered at the thought, and I just snickered and said,
"It's only a matter of time. hehehehe" She was not amused.

Kristi

Old April 3rd 07, 10:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Mischief wrote:
snip
Well, today she told me of another thing Spencer has started doing.
Yesterday he brought in a dead bird. Of course my co-worker was
horrified and I'm sure Spencer was wondering why his Meowmie was so
shocked and threw away his hard earned kill.

"He was bringing you his kill, as tribute!" I said. My co-worker
just shook her head.

"Oh yeah?" I said, "If you think that was fun, just wait until he
brings in a LIVE one. Or better yet, wait until he starts bringing in
rodents, dead or alive."

My co-worker shuddered at the thought, and I just snickered and said,
"It's only a matter of time. hehehehe" She was not amused.

Kristi

You do have your wicked side, Kristi. ;o)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 3rd 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Mischief wrote:

[...]

You might point out to her that the only reason her dogs
don't bring home prey, also, is that dogs aren't as smart as
cats!

Kristi