Sick CAT? Please help

Old December 29th 03, 07:10 PM
Gia

Default Sick CAT? Please help

I came home last night after being gone about 2 hours. My cat was fine
when I left. When I came home she was acting very strange, she usually
runs to see me and hangs right by me. She came out to see me and went
back in my room and hid. Then she threw up white foamy stuff. Then she
was acting weirder and stranger. She looked really strange her eyes
were puffy and the skin was red around them. Then I was seeing the
thirdeye. She was breathing strange and she was hot. She then was
growling when I touched her and crying every once in a while. I called
the vet and he seemed like he was exhausted, they paged him and he was
talking strange, and mumbling? He said something like no need to get
the fire engines involved??????? And talked about giving her stomach
pills but it was obvious he was so tired he was like delerious. I was
even more upset. I just kept her by me and kept checking her, then my
daughter came home and she let out two loud crys to her and threw up a
lot of brownish liquid. I became more upset. I set the alarm for 7am,
by now it was about 3am. I got my pillow and blanket and layed on the
floor by her. I woke up and 7 and took her to the vets. I brought a
stool sample and a sample of her vomit, which was negative? They said
she was probably "bit by something (bug)"? OR has a flew. I'm
confused. Did anyone hear of such a thing? They gave her fluids in her
back which are leaking out, they said some would. And an antibiotic
shot and something to settle her stomach and for the vomiting. They
sent home an antibiotic and the "stomach" pills too.
She is still acting strangely but looking better. Like constant
purring and if I go to touch her she growls. I went to pick a piece of
sticky paper it was stuck to her back leg and she yelled and growled
as if I hurt her. If anyone has any idea what this could be please let
me know? You can email me at thank you......
Old December 29th 03, 11:33 PM
Luvskats00

To:
(Gia) aka

Are you a twit? ..CALL ANOTHER VET OR A VET HOSPITAL. From what you described,
your cat needed emergency care.
Old December 29th 03, 11:33 PM
Luvskats00

To:

Old December 30th 03, 12:54 AM
Mary

Then she threw up white foamy stuff. Then she
was acting weirder and stranger. She looked really strange her eyes
were puffy and the skin was red around them. Then I was seeing the
thirdeye. She was breathing strange and she was hot. She then was
growling when I touched her and crying every once in a while.

That sounds like poison to me, especially the white foamy stuff. The brown
stuff was probably stoumach acid, maybe a little undigested food. The swollen
eyes sounds like poison or severe allergic reaction. You need another vet in
case your cat gets sick again. Look around the house and see if your cat got
into anything that could be poisonous, a plant, cleaning product, antifreeze...
Hope he's better soon.