Sofa Saturday!

Old May 28th 05, 10:49 PM
jmcquown

Default Sofa Saturday!

Ah yes, a lazy day on the sofa. My travel plans for next week (I depart
June 1st) are all set. Reservations for boarding Persia and Peaches have
been made. I booked us a lovely studio suite just a few miles from the show
for an astonishing rate. (I've learned if you ask if they can offer you a
"deal" sometimes they surprise the heck out of you.) It has a full kitchen
(normally we might have a mini-fridge and a microwave, if that) including
cookware, dishes, flatware, etc.; a table & chairs, desk, satellite TV and
the window even opens - we like that.

So today, knowing all the plans are well in hand, I spent the late morning
and afternoon on the sofa, reading a book. Persia spent the same time
treating *me* like a sofa. I love that she likes to curl up on me when I'm
reading

She alternately purred, snoozed, engaged in a vigourous grooming session,
did slow blinky-eyes at me from time to time, nuzzled the book, nuzzled my
hand, gave me gentle love-bites on my elbow as I was turning a page, licked
my wrist, did upside downy-head, asked for chin scritches, nose scritches,
neck scritches... I spent more time enjoying being her "sofa" than I did
reading the book. Still, I'm a prolific reader and I finished the book a
short while ago ("Blow Out" by Catherine Coulter) I thoroughly enjoyed my
day. I gather Persia enjoyed hers, too She's now esconced on a pillow
by the sliding doors to the patio, watching CAT TV (I refilled the bird
feeders this morning).

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old May 29th 05, 12:50 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 28 May 2005 16:49:55 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

Sounds wonderful. There's really nothing I enjoy more than just
hanging out with the little goofball.

Theresa
Old May 29th 05, 05:22 AM
badwilson

Dennis and I had a Sofa Saturday yesterday as well. It was mostly due
to the extreme hangovers we both had. Ugh, slept till 10:30 and
didn't move off the couch till late afternoon, when we went for a 2
hour massage.
Vino, of course, loved it. He hung out with us all day and got lots
of cuddles, headbutts and scritches :-)
Good luck on your next trip, I hope you and John have a great time.
We're planning a road trip for a week, starting on June 6. We're
going to drive to Hua Hin for my B-day because Hua Hin is about the
only resort place we haven't been to in Thailand. Then we'll have to
go to Bangkok for a couple of days to see the new Star Wars movie at
the lazy boy recliner theatre. After that, we'll head west to
Kanchanaburi (Bridge on the River Kwai) and then home. We'll take it
as it goes, no real set plans. The type of trip we like best :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old May 29th 05, 06:21 AM
W. Leong

Rusty uses me as a sofa or bed all the time. As soon as I sit down
on the couch, he jumps up on me. Or he would stand by the couch
and wait for me to sit down.

Jill, how is the book? I enjoy some of Catherine Coulter's novels.

Britta, I envy you for your 2 hour massage. Was is a Thai massage?
That reminds me to call my massage therapist for an appointment to
work on my sore shoulders. She only does 1 hr massage.

Winnie

Old May 29th 05, 06:48 AM
badwilson

W. Leong wrote:

Britta, I envy you for your 2 hour massage. Was is a Thai massage?
That reminds me to call my massage therapist for an appointment to
work on my sore shoulders. She only does 1 hr massage.

Winnie

Yes, Thai massage. The most common here in Thailand ;-) 2 hours is
pretty standard for a full body massage. It involves a lot of
stretching and pressure points, etc. It must be very hard work for
the massage therapist, I think you'd need to be quite athletic! I
love it, especially since it only costs $6 Cdn.

Old May 29th 05, 07:03 AM
W. Leong

"badwilson" wrote in message
W. Leong wrote:

Britta, I envy you for your 2 hour massage. Was is a Thai massage?
That reminds me to call my massage therapist for an appointment to
work on my sore shoulders. She only does 1 hr massage.

Winnie

Yes, Thai massage. The most common here in Thailand ;-) 2 hours is
pretty standard for a full body massage. It involves a lot of
stretching and pressure points, etc. It must be very hard work for
the massage therapist, I think you'd need to be quite athletic! I
love it, especially since it only costs $6 Cdn.

The longest full body massage I get is 1 1/2 hr.
But I never have Thai massage.
$6 Cdn!
Here $60 Cdn for a 1 hr massage is on the cheap side. I am green
with envy.

Wiinnie

Old May 29th 05, 07:11 AM
jmcquown

W. Leong wrote:
Rusty uses me as a sofa or bed all the time. As soon as I sit down
on the couch, he jumps up on me. Or he would stand by the couch
and wait for me to sit down.

Jill, how is the book? I enjoy some of Catherine Coulter's novels.

I enjoyed this one very much!

Jill

Old May 29th 05, 01:48 PM
badwilson

W. Leong wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
W. Leong wrote:

Britta, I envy you for your 2 hour massage. Was is a Thai massage?
That reminds me to call my massage therapist for an appointment to
work on my sore shoulders. She only does 1 hr massage.

Winnie

Yes, Thai massage. The most common here in Thailand ;-) 2 hours

is
pretty standard for a full body massage. It involves a lot of
stretching and pressure points, etc. It must be very hard work for
the massage therapist, I think you'd need to be quite athletic! I
love it, especially since it only costs $6 Cdn.

The longest full body massage I get is 1 1/2 hr.
But I never have Thai massage.
$6 Cdn!
Here $60 Cdn for a 1 hr massage is on the cheap side. I am green
with envy.

Wiinnie

I will probably never have a massage again once we leave Thailand.
I'm just way, way, way too cheap to spend $60 :-(

Old May 29th 05, 02:35 PM
jmcquown

badwilson wrote:
Dennis and I had a Sofa Saturday yesterday as well. It was mostly due
to the extreme hangovers we both had.

(ouch!)

Ugh, slept till 10:30 and
didn't move off the couch till late afternoon, when we went for a 2
hour massage.
Vino, of course, loved it. He hung out with us all day and got lots
of cuddles, headbutts and scritches :-)

But of course! Always take advantage of cuddle-time, right?

Good luck on your next trip, I hope you and John have a great time.

Thank you! This was a very successful show for him last year and we're
hoping for even better this year. Plus, we always have fun

We're planning a road trip for a week, starting on June 6. We're
going to drive to Hua Hin for my B-day because Hua Hin is about the
only resort place we haven't been to in Thailand. Then we'll have to
go to Bangkok for a couple of days to see the new Star Wars movie at
the lazy boy recliner theatre. After that, we'll head west to
Kanchanaburi (Bridge on the River Kwai) and then home. We'll take it
as it goes, no real set plans. The type of trip we like best :-)

That sounds like fun! Yeah, with the exception of the work part of our
show-trips, we much prefer not having a set itinerary.

Hope you guys have a blast and happy birthday in advance!

Jill

Old May 29th 05, 08:19 PM
W. Leong

"badwilson" wrote in message
W. Leong wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
W. Leong wrote:

[...]

Who knows, it may be less in Australia than in Catnada. Don't forget
we have the evil GST. It used to be my insurance paid for my massage
since it was recommened by my doctor for my sore back. But now
that I am out of work I only go when my shoulders really hurt.

Anyway, enough about massage. Here is wishing you a very happy
birthday.

Winnie