I need a favor...

Old July 14th 11, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default I need a favor...

On 7/14/2011 12:38 PM, J J Levin wrote:
wrote in message
On 7/14/2011 11:06 AM, J J Levin wrote:
wrote in message
On 7/14/2011 10:00 AM, J J Levin wrote:
wrote in message
Would someone please tell Archer that he is an obligate carnivore and,
as
such, should not be begging for my granola bar to the point where he's
trying to eat the end that's not in my mouth??!!!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

I'm new here, but from what I've learned thus far, you have it the
wrong
way. It is the cat who tells YOU what to do, not the other way around.

:-)

Jay

You learn fast, grasshopper! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Grasshopper is a good thing? Sounds like something a cat might eat....
:-)

Jay

LOL! You'll have to excuse the references to old television shows here
(we're a bunch of geeks). Shaolin monk, Kwai Chang Caine, AKA
"Grasshopper" to his blind Master, "Po", was played by David Carradine in
the TV show "Kung Fu" (1972 - 1975). The nickname comes from this quote:

Master Po: Close your eyes. What do you hear?
Young Caine: I hear the water, I hear the birds.
Po: Do you hear your own heartbeat?
Caine: No.
Po: Do you hear the grasshopper which is at your feet?
Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?

Oh gawds, that goes beyond geekdom into total nerdhood, doesn't it? ;

Alas, you've got nothing on me when it comes to nerdhood. I think they
invented the term when they saw me...

Never watched KUNG FU, but I am old enough to remember the 1972 TV series.
And way beyond. In the mid 1950s, as a kid, I loved Hopalong Cassidy. It
was on every day at 5 pm, followed by Roy Rogers.

I shall now go back to my rocking chair and take a nap. All this typing is
really exhausting... :-)

Jay

ROTFLMAOWTIME - YSSATT
(rolling on the floor laughing my ass off with tears in my eyes - yet
somehow still able to type)

I loved Roy Rogers, but I thought it was creepy that he had Trigger stuffed!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 14th 11, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

wrote in message
[...]

I know. Stuffed animals (and even deer heads above mantels) creep me out.

Bullet the wonder dog was stuffed, too.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6682388.shtml

Jay

Old July 14th 11, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message
[...]

And what, pray tell, is wrong with nerdhood?

(Think the modern equivalent is 'Patience, young padawan')

Yowie, nerd
Old July 14th 11, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message
[...]

LOL! I think it's a requirement for cat slavedom!

Old July 14th 11, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message
[...]

Ewwww! What was wrong with that man??!

A favor (OT) Joy Cat anecdotes 83 September 18th 10 08:01 AM
REQUESTING A FAVOR... Mom_of_2_Soldiers Cat health & behaviour 3 January 17th 07 10:50 PM
More Weakmindedness In Favor of Bad Animals Bret Ludwig Cat rescue 4 June 29th 06 10:10 PM
Please do me a favor..... blkcatgal Cat health & behaviour 10 January 28th 06 05:28 PM