cat's seat at the computer

Old March 4th 04, 08:52 PM
Ann

Default cat's seat at the computer

When I moved the computer upstairs there was no place for the cats to sit
near me. I put an extra chair near the computer for them. One day Peter was
showing me something on the computer and he was sitting in their chair. Boy,
did they let him know. We had to move another chair over for the cats.

Ann

Old March 4th 04, 10:47 PM
MaryL

"Ann" wrote in message
newsGM1c.7455$fD2.6134@lakeread02...
When I moved the computer upstairs there was no place for the cats to sit
near me. I put an extra chair near the computer for them. One day Peter

was
showing me something on the computer and he was sitting in their chair.

Boy,
did they let him know. We had to move another chair over for the cats.

Ann

Holly's seat at the computer is right beside the keyboard, sometimes
directly on the mouse. I had a bench that she would often use, but her
clearly "preferred" position is right in front of me. As soon as I sit down
at the computer, she *always* starts her routine of walking back and
forth/back and forth in front of the monitor, then will either sit down
beside the keyboard or start headbutting or licking my nose. I think she
sees the computer as a competitor, and she's going to make sure that she
gets all the attention. It's actually something that I find endearing, but
it does make it difficult to get my work (or play, as the case may be) done.

MaryL

Old March 4th 04, 11:19 PM

MaryL -out-the-litter wrote:

As soon as I sit down
at the computer, she *always* starts her routine of walking back and
forth/back and forth in front of the monitor

That's Roxy. Although I think what attracts her is that I bring my
entire breakfast into the computer room with me, and she's getting ready
for me to finish my cereal so she can lick the bowl.

Actually, Smudge has started doing this, too - regardless of whether
I'm eating or not. She just wants attention. They all like it when I'm
sitting down, occupied by the keyboard and screen. It makes me a captive
for their smothering - er, I mean, *affectionate* attentions.

Joyce
Old March 4th 04, 11:55 PM
Yoj

"Ann" wrote in message
newsGM1c.7455$fD2.6134@lakeread02...
When I moved the computer upstairs there was no place for the cats to

sit
near me. I put an extra chair near the computer for them. One day

Peter was
showing me something on the computer and he was sitting in their

chair. Boy,
did they let him know. We had to move another chair over for the cats.

Ann

I have a chair next to the computer for the cats too. They use it to
get up on the desk, and then on top of the monitor or onto my lap. And
for getting down, of course. ;-)

Joy

Old March 5th 04, 03:21 AM
Gandalf

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:52:39 -0500, "Ann" wrote:

When I moved the computer upstairs there was no place for the cats to sit
near me. I put an extra chair near the computer for them. One day Peter was
showing me something on the computer and he was sitting in their chair. Boy,
did they let him know. We had to move another chair over for the cats.

Ann

Kenzie has never been much a lap cat; butt sometimes I come home from work late,
and don't give her enough attention. Usually, I scoop her up for some quality
time. But sometimes, she's napping. If I sit at the computer, she comes into the
room, and jumps up into my lap, and tries to pull the papers off my computer
desk.

She knows she'll get lots of scritches, although sometimes she has to be a bit
persistent, if I'm absorbed in the Internet. She's such a sweetheart!

~~~~~~
Life without cats would be only marginally worth living.
TC and the unmercifully, relentlessly sweet calico kitty, Kenzie.

- Robert Heinlein

Old March 5th 04, 04:27 AM
Sam Nash

Holly's seat at the computer is right beside the keyboard, sometimes
directly on the mouse. I had a bench that she would often use, but her
clearly "preferred" position is right in front of me. As soon as I sit

down
at the computer, she *always* starts her routine of walking back and
forth/back and forth in front of the monitor, then will either sit down
beside the keyboard or start headbutting or licking my nose. I think she
sees the computer as a competitor, and she's going to make sure that she
gets all the attention. It's actually something that I find endearing,

but
it does make it difficult to get my work (or play, as the case may be)

done.

MaryL

How wierd is this? Mistletoe (Missy) has "her towel" to the right of the
computer keyboard. Whenever I'm on the computer, she insists that she needs
to supervise from "her towel". If I go for a while (Missy determines what
"a while" is), she meows and climbs up on my left shoulder with her front to
mine for a skritchin' session. When she thinks it's enough, she climbs down
and goes back to her towel.

Sam

Old March 5th 04, 04:48 AM
Gandalf

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:27:24 -0800, "Sam Nash" wrote:

[...]

Missy sounds like a real sweetie!

~~~~~~
Life without cats would be only marginally worth living.
TC and the unmercifully, relentlessly sweet calico kitty, Kenzie.

- Robert Heinlein

This is not her mother's computer Tanada Cat anecdotes 6 February 17th 04 09:16 PM
confused cats Ann Cat anecdotes 14 January 23rd 04 11:38 PM
Dozens Of Dead Cats Removed From Woman's Garage Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 18 December 26th 03 12:11 AM
sunny day=happy cats John Biltz Cat anecdotes 1 November 15th 03 05:14 AM
The cats of the Blue Cave badwilson Cat anecdotes 12 September 29th 03 05:25 PM