my new neighbor murdered my cat of 11 years and is bragging

Old October 13th 05, 11:56 PM
heartbrokencatlover heartbrokencatlover is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy my new neighbor murdered my cat of 11 years and is bragging

He was my best friend, and now this guy is bragging about it here.http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/p...87375&trail=25 can anyone help me this guy has to be stopped somehow.
Old October 15th 05, 07:44 PM

Default my new neighbor murdered my cat of 11 years and is bragging

heartbrokencatlover wrote:
He was my best friend, and now this guy is bragging about it
here.http://tinyurl.com/9k5tv can anyone help me this guy has to be
stopped somehow.

Print that out and save it. Engage him in an email conversation
or argument about it. Get him to admit to as much as you can.
Print and save his emails.

Then sue him in small claims court. His own statements can be
used against him, that is an exeption to the hearsay rule.

Hopefully you will get a cat owner for a judge.

--

FF

Old October 15th 05, 08:15 PM

heartbrokencatlover wrote:
He was my best friend, and now this guy is bragging about it
here.http://tinyurl.com/9k5tv can anyone help me this guy has to be
stopped somehow.

Also, a couple of times each year I read a small article in
the paper about a person being convicted under state (for various
states) animal cruelty laws for killing a pet, even their own,
even if the killing was 'humane' in the sense of being quick.

Your local police may not be interested in the case, but a local
prosecutor might be if he is aware that the killer is bragging
online. Prosecutors do not like to see people brag about breaking
the law (which he may have done) even when the law in question
is not often enforced.

This sort of thing as well as the small claims court approach
vary quite a bit from state to state.

It may also be possible to sue him in addition to the criminal
prosecution.

If you are really serious (and if so, good for you) see a lawyer,
ask him or her what you, personally can do and what the lawyer
can do for you.

Remember, police officers are not lawyers. If you get your advice
from a police officer it will probably be consistant with departmental
policy, and an accurate picture of what the poilce will or will not
do but not a complete picture of all of your options.

--

FF

Old October 26th 05, 05:25 PM
Rhino

wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Even if the police are "interested" in the case and you can produce evidence
of the crime, don't count on a very severe sentence if your neighbour is
convicted.

There was a case in Toronto a couple of years back where three guys grabbed
a cat - I can't recall if it was a neighbour's cat or a stray - and skinned
it alive, videotaping the whole gruesome act. The national news showed only
a few seconds of the video - when the cat was running away, apparently in
fear of what these monsters were about to do - and it sickens me to this day
to think of that poor cat's terror. They then proceeded to show the video at
a gallery, claiming it was "art".

They were charged and convicted and the ringleader did the maximum sentence
available for this crime in Ontario - and was out of jail in 4 months. I
think the other two got lesser sentences.

This is far, far too little time for wantonly murdering an innocent animal,
in my opinion.

The frightening thing is that killing animals is one of the three
"behaviours" practiced by people who go on to become serial killers of
humans, like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, et. al. That is not to say that all
cat killers become serial killers but the large majority of serial killers
had a background of killing animals, bedwetting, and setting fires.

Rhino

Old October 26th 05, 06:14 PM
No More Retail

All serial killers had a tendency to torture small animals Even to this
day if a child is torturing small animals it is a warning sign of a much
bigger problem

Old October 27th 05, 05:41 AM

Rhino wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

I wouldn't count on Metaphysical justince, but a single day in jail or
a fine or even the hassle of having to go to court could be enough
to disabuse the guy OP told us about. OTOH, we have not heard
from OP again, I doubt if we will, I think he just wan't to draw
attention
to the bulletin board psoting. Of course anyone could download
and print that materil to get something going.

--

FF

Old November 6th 05, 08:45 PM
john smith

Dear heartbrokencatlover:

You have my sympathies for your loss. There are several things that can be
done. The ASPCA has a site that will let you search for the correct
authorities in your area.
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer...rchEnforcement
Also filing a complaint against the website is a good way to go. I think
the FCC handles those complaints. I would also think about filing a
complaint with the U.S. Attorney's office against the website and your
neighbor.

Depiction of Cruelty is a Federal offense. 18 USC Sec. 48
http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/18C3.txt or
http://cfr.law.cornell.edu/uscode/us...8----000-.html.
There may also be some Federal, state, and local firearm violations, and
financing illegal activity could draw Paypal into it also.

As many people as possible need to file complaints with Paypal for helping
to finance and for supporting illegal activity. It appears they have
several Paypal accounts: , and
.

According to Whois, the website is run by the website administrator, Greg
Neville, 255 Hillcrest Rd., Ridgewood, NJ 07450 )
(201) 251-9404.

In the past few years, State statutes and case law have been going in the
animals favor. Recently a person allowed their dogs to kill his neighbors
cat and had to pay $30,000 in civil court. With your neighbor posting
online, you shouldn't have too much problem collecting enough evidence to
win a civil law suit. $30k would not be unreasonable. You could include
the owner of the website also. Even if you don't win, they have to pay for
defending themselves. Please see a local attorney or one just outside your
area.

From looking at the other posts "resident tough guy" has made, you won't
have much trouble making people in the area feel afraid of him. It looks
like he simply wants an opportunity to use his toys and kill something or
someone. He probably wasn't physically or mentally able to join the
military or was kicked out. Probably just a wata'be. Keep an eye out,
people like that make mistakes all the time. Hell, I bet he even mail
orders from catalogs and "forgets" to send his sales tax to the State
Department of Revenue as required by most States or is cheating on his
income tax. Those tips to the government are anonymous you know.

I've already posted a complain with Paypal. YOU need to decide if you want
to go to the US Attorney's office, but when you do, the webpage needs to be
up and running so they can log on and see it. Once they do, that's it. So
don't complain to the site administrator first. Also make print outs and
save the page electronically (go to save as and select *.mht). That will
save it as you see it , with pictures and links intact and in a single file.

Let us know how it turns out.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/awic/

Rook
(Maincoon, Am Shorthair; ex-SOCOM, Atty, Aikidoka, NRA)

"heartbrokencatlover" wrote
in message ...