Help, my cat is a serial killer!

Old June 19th 07, 11:58 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Baldoni-XXV

Default Help, my cat is a serial killer!

It happens that cybercat formulated :
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Dave F" wrote in message

[snip]

I just read through this thread and the ignorance just
amazes me. Read the following and then do the right thing
and keep your cat indoors where it belongs.

Sigh.. PLEASE let's not start this argument again. Cats are not naturally
indoor animals. No animals are.

It's 2007. It's not safe outside for ANYONE, but particularly
not for creatures with little cat brains.

Take your cats to a shelter. They are better off there.

My cat's would make my life hell if I tried to keep them indoors. One
stays indoors a lot these days. My other cat sleeps all day and plays
hell if I don't let him out at night.

--
Count Baldoni

BALDONI REX ROMANORUM

Old June 20th 07, 12:05 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Baldoni-XXV

Upscale expressed precisely :
"Dave F" wrote in message
birds. Sure, they are pretty....Some of them are downright beautiful. But
that doesn't make them any more compassionate than any other animal....

You're a moron. Only good thing about youor cats being outside is they get
to get away from you.

Then I must be a moron too. Much as I've disagreed with William in the
past, I have little disregard for birds too aside from the insects they
might eat. Try going down to the islands in Toronto sometime and see how
long it takes you to lose any consideration for birds. Trekking out to a
picnic table with the family means walking very carefully through the goose
****. And don't forget to bring all the cleansers and paper towel, because
the picnic table will be saturated. They should all be shot, cooked and fed
to the homeless population in the city. Sitting out at your picnic table for
a few seconds means you'll get covered in pigeon ****. They're nothing more
than flying diapers. Any chance of enjoying the outdoors will inevitably be
ruined in minutes by birds. For the first ten years in my apartment, the
balcony was virtually unusable because of the pigeon ****. Cleaning the
balcony meant one day of usage and then be prepared to clean again.

Birds of all types should be hunted, shot, poisoned and everything else that
gets rid of them. So yeah, I'm a moron too.

Maybe your country could do with a good dose of bird flu. We were
expecting it but I think the authorities were over reacting to
something they knew little about.

In the UK our problem is the gray squirrel but it is to late to do
anything about it now.

--
Count Baldoni

BALDONI REX ROMANORUM

Old June 20th 07, 01:31 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Ivor Jones

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Dave F" wrote in message

[snip]

I just read through this thread and the ignorance just
amazes me. Read the following and then do the right
thing and keep your cat indoors where it belongs.

Sigh.. PLEASE let's not start this argument again. Cats
are not naturally indoor animals. No animals are.

They are domesticated, you flaming ****ing idiot, and
belong indoors now, unless you want them to have short miserable lives.

Ah. Foul language. The last resort of those who know they've lost the
argument.

plonk

Ivor

Old June 20th 07, 01:36 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Upscale

"Dave F" wrote in message
species, and why it's so horribly wrong for the human animal to suddenly
dump millions of these poor cats outdoors. I gave them the links which
explains it all in detail, and their responses were absolutely ridiculous.

It's idiots like you with your stunted brain power that don't have the
facility to reason. There's millions and millions of cats who spend their
total lives indoors with their owners who happen to live in apartments.
They're happy, healthy and playful animals. But Wait! Along comes the brain
dead who think it's against nature and all cats should be allowed to be
outside. What EXACTLY would you have all those millions of cat owners do
with these indoor cats? Think about it. If these cats weren't owned and
loved by people living in apartments, then they'd be outside, caught and
euthanized by the animal shelters overflowing with felines. There's already
way too many cats for the amount of people willing to adopt them, but even
so, flakes like you would have all those cats be put outside to fight, be
injured or killed, definitely live shorter lives, and/or be euthanized by
animal shelters.

Does that make any sense to you? Instead of mouthing off with your emotions
to drive you, state how these cats might exist outside without experiencing
the inevitable difficulty and quick death that would come their way by being
outside.

Until you can do that with some sense of logic, then you really have
absolutely nothing to say.

Old June 20th 07, 02:04 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Matthew

When will everyone learn that the inside - outside debate will never be
solved. It can not be argued, debated, discussed without both sides turning
it to a shoving match. Just as it has once again in this thread.

Everyone has their opinion no one can changed another persons mind when
it comes to this subject. Why everyone in general tries at all is beyond me.
Plus than can't wait to try and prove their point

There are 3 things that are never to be discussed Sex, Religion and
Politics Now there is a fourth the inside outside debate.

When will you all learn it is always started by some newbie or a troll
( not that this person was or is ). It is like someone has poured a 55
gallon barrel of gas on a huge pile of garbage. Than here comes this
pyromaniac with a wide eyed kid in a candy store look can't wait to throw a
match on it and see it burn

Old June 20th 07, 02:42 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
William Graham

"Dave F" wrote in message
[...]

The world is full of creatures, and for every species, there is a champion
who will do what they can do to help that species survive as much as
possible.....I happen to like cats....I don't catch and kill birds for them,
but I do feed them chopped, roasted chicken, as well as eating it myself. If
somebody wants to worry about birds, that's their right, but I will object
and fight back if they try to hurt my cats, and/or make their lives
miserable. - That's my right, too. The number of birds that my cats catch
and kill is miniscule. It is not enough to spend any time worrying about.
Far more birds are dying due to environmental pollution and habitat
destruction...

Old June 20th 07, 02:49 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
William Graham

"Matthew" wrote in message

There are 3 things that are never to be discussed Sex, Religion and
Politics Now there is a fourth the inside outside debate.

The inside/outside cats debate is really a subdivision of politics, so I
wouldn't give it it's own category....And, if I couldn't discuss religion,
sex or politics on these forums, then I wouldn't want to be here at
all....There isn't anything more important or interesting for me to want to
discuss......After all, what could be more fun than trying to teach physics
to Rosie O'Donnell?

Old June 20th 07, 02:54 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Matthew

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message

There are 3 things that are never to be discussed Sex, Religion and
Politics Now there is a fourth the inside outside debate.

The inside/outside cats debate is really a subdivision of politics, so I
wouldn't give it it's own category....And, if I couldn't discuss religion,
sex or politics on these forums, then I wouldn't want to be here at
all....There isn't anything more important or interesting for me to want
to discuss......After all, what could be more fun than trying to teach
physics to Rosie O'Donnell?

I can see your point but it deserves it own category due to how much trouble
it causes

Rosie already knows Physics she sees it in the mirror every day ;-)

Old June 20th 07, 03:10 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
William Graham

"Matthew" wrote in message

There are 3 things that are never to be discussed Sex, Religion and
Politics Now there is a fourth the inside outside debate.

The inside/outside cats debate is really a subdivision of politics, so I
wouldn't give it it's own category....And, if I couldn't discuss
religion, sex or politics on these forums, then I wouldn't want to be
here at all....There isn't anything more important or interesting for me
to want to discuss......After all, what could be more fun than trying to
teach physics to Rosie O'Donnell?

I can see your point but it deserves it own category due to how much
trouble it causes

Rosie already knows Physics she sees it in the mirror every day ;-)

Yes....It has been suggested to me that I join and post to a political
newsgroup....but I have found that the huge number of stupid posters on
those groups is so overwhelming that they aren't any fun....IOW, there are
too few people there that can stick to a rational argument and not revert to
dumb name calling if they can't answer my points. They all seem to have a
"Rosie O'Donnell" mentality....Religion is even worse. My atheism is the
only rational viewpoint, and the religious just parrot whatever lies they
have been told, and can't stick to a rational argument. Also, they all have
an ax to grind.....They are duty bound to convince me that I am wrong,
because it gives them points toward getting into heaven, but I gain nothing
by convincing them that I am right, so what's the point?

Old June 27th 07, 07:12 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Kaarl Hungus

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..
:
: "Dan Espen" wrote in message
: ...
: "Garret Swayne" writes:
:
: -to not react with anger or displeasure at the sight of his kill, for
: it's
: really a "gift" that he's offering me and I don't want to appear
: "ungracious".
:
: Now this latter observation, I must say, I can't help but be skeptical
: about. Is that really true? Or are we just stretching to ascribe
: "positive" human attributes to our feline buddies, whom we love and
: cherish?
: If cats were really "givers" by nature, I'd think they're smart enough
: figure out a lot of other things we'd prefer to receive rather than a
: dead
: carcass! Seriously, is there any scientific research to suggest that
: they
: really are bringing us what they consider a "gift"?
:
: I don't think looking at it as a "gift" is the right perpective.
: As you say, it's too complex a trait to attribute to a cat.
:
: Mother cats will bring home kills for the kittens.
: That may be the basis of the evolution of the instinct.
: Instincts aren't reasoned, they are built in.
: Most likely the instinct operates in females even when they don't
: have kittens and in males even though they don't normally provide
: food for kittens.
:
: After a cat kills it's prey and eats it's fill it is no longer hungry
: and it's no longer satisfying the hunting instinct.
:
: Therefore weaker instincts are going to take over.
: It's going to return home, why not take the animal with it?
: It's not a complex behavior, it doesn't require complex motives
: to operate.
:
:
: We once had a mother cat bring home a full grown pheasant.
: Small cat, really large bird.
:
: Large birds of prey will sometimes kill cats....I had a cat who was almost
: killed by a large osprey....It swooped down onto my rear deck while the
cat
: was sunning itself, and almost got it....Fortunately, the cat door to our
: bedroom was right next to the cat, so it escaped inside before the bird
: could get her......but it was a close call......

I live in Florida, so I see ospreys on a daily basis. Sure, I'd hate to
tangle with one if I were a cat, but these birds aren't any larger than 5
pounds or so. I have a hard time believing that an osprey could subdue your
average housecat.