I'm Sorry

Old August 2nd 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Peace Ping Kyla

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message

"kilikini"
Granby wrote:
Actually we do. It is interesting to see what people in other
parts
of the country eat and what is available in the foreign countries
we
have on the group. We also talk about what we feed our cats.

Yeah, what's the big deal if we're wondering what people eat on
their
pizza?

kili

We like chicken, ham, bacon, onions, green onions and mushrooms on
ours. NO anchovies..bleah

What is a green onion as opposed to a regular onion?

Yowie

Regular onion, large, usually round, may be white, red, or yellow.

Green onion, around here anyway (California) are often referred to as
scallions in the rest of the world.

Usually perfectly straight, white and the root end with bright green,
relatively edible tops.

We also have 'Mexican bulb green onions' in the markets in the spring.
They are generally like the green onions only the white part is a
small white bulb.

Now here is where I'm not sure. I think the green onions are what my
mom used to love that were the thinnigs from the garden. ie the young
onions you pulled out to make room for the rest of them to mature.

Jo

Old August 2nd 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Ping Kyla

On Aug 1, 3:14�pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote:
Thank you Victor. �It was actually Sherry IIRC who called me a drama queen.

Whoa right there. I've posted about 7 or 8 times in this entire thread
and out of that ONE post
was in reference to you, and it was in no way mean. I really am at the
point I don't care what you post, until you start posting lies about
me. I have *never* called you a name of any sort. If this
is a new way for you to stir the pot, please stop it, right now.

Sherry
Old August 2nd 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Onions Peace Ping Kyla

"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message
. ..

"Sara" ...

"Yowie"
"Kyla =^. .^=`" "kilikini"
Granby wrote:
Actually we do. It is interesting to see what people in other parts
of the country eat and what is available in the foreign countries we
have on the group. We also talk about what we feed our cats.

Yeah, what's the big deal if we're wondering what people eat on their
pizza?

kili

We like chicken, ham, bacon, onions, green onions and mushrooms on
ours. NO anchovies..bleah

What is a green onion as opposed to a regular onion?

Yowie

green onions are also known as scallions, long thin onions. yummy

Sara

And then there are the chives, a smaller green oinon, also yummy.

Kyla

Let's face it, if you're an onion lover, as I am, *all* kinds of onions are
yummy. Not only that, they're good for you, if you eat enough of them. I
read just the other day that eating half an onion (the size wasn't
specified) a day can raise your good cholesterol, lower your blood pressure
and cleanse your arteries.

Joy

Old August 2nd 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message

"Yowie"
"Kyla =^. .^=`"
"kilikini"
Granby wrote:
Actually we do. It is interesting to see what people in other
parts of the country eat and what is available in the foreign
countries we have on the group. We also talk about what we feed
our cats.

Yeah, what's the big deal if we're wondering what people eat on
their pizza?

kili

We like chicken, ham, bacon, onions, green onions and mushrooms on
ours. NO anchovies..bleah

What is a green onion as opposed to a regular onion?

Yowie

A green onion is long and has green stems and a white bulb on top,
with little hairs on top. The hairs are trimmed off, and the bulb
and stems are washed, chopped and are wonderful on baked
potatoes/salads, etc.

I know them as "spring onions", although they're sometimes known as "french
onions" here as well.

Have you ever seen a 'leek'??
A leek is like a giant green onion, but with a more bitter taste.
Very popular in potato soups here.

MMMmmmm, potato and leek soup. Yummy.

Except that they look relatively similar, by taste i don't think leek is
*anything* like an onion, and whilst garlic is also a close relative, I
don't think it tastes anything like onion or leek either.

I'm a big fan of garlic. Thankfully both Joel & The Yowlet is too, so we
never have that 'breath' problem, at least, not amongst ourselves.

Yowie

Old August 2nd 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message
. ..

"Victor Martinez"
Will in New Haven wrote:
No one has done anything to Catnipped that was anything LIKE as bad as
people here treated Kyla. I guess being a regular here grants one a
right to hurt people's feelings without anyone being allowed to hurt
yours.

*Exactly*

Thank you

There you go, Victor, she's happy again. Good job, man!

I haven't seen the wagons circled so quickly since the last time we
caught some white folks on the Oregon Trail. People here have to
toughen up or lighten up.

The thing is, I am one of the regulars, yet I'm being pounded for
pointing out the obvious.

Not by me, you get a BIG HUG from me, FWIW.

Yeah, BIG HUG from me too.

I was going to ping you myself Victor, bit since I'm here, could you send
me an e-mail to
There's something I'd like to talk to you about
I'm a total ditz when it comes to munged addys LOL
Scritches to yer kitties.

Hugs
Kyla

Love, and hugs (oops, there I go again), and PEACE, and joy, and bright
blessings (sorry BaHa), and happiness, and romance, and moonlit walks on the
beach, and that new car smell, and daisies, and kittens AND puppies, and
springtime, and roses, and BIG HUGS, and snowflakes on your tongue, and hot
nookie while the kids are asleep, and kisses, and candle-lit dinners, and
sunshine, and rainbows, and perfume, and flowers, and BIG HUGS, and new-mown
grass, and gropes in a movie theater with the smell of buttered popcorn in
the air, and summer breezes, and skritches, and honey, and sugar, and clean
laundry on a clothesline, and BIG HUGS, and moonlight reflected off a quiet
lake, and sleeping late with your sweetheart, and nose kisses from kittens,
and BIG HUGS, and fuzzy bellies, and chocolate cake, and ice cream, and
LILACS, and your favorite show on TV, and attaboys from your boss, and BIG
HUGS, and vacations in the mountains, and fluffy clouds that look like
animals, and... ALL the GOOD things in the ENTIRE WORLD laid at your FEET!

CatNipped

Old August 2nd 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message

"Yowie"
"Kyla =^. .^=`"
"kilikini"
Granby wrote:
[...]

I love both garlic and onions in all their forms. I also buy breath mints
by the box and take one after every meal, even those rare meals when I don't
eat onions or garlic. That way I never forget to take one when I do.

Joy

Old August 2nd 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Joy" ...
"Kyla =^. .^=`" ...

"Sara" ...

"Yowie"
"Kyla =^. .^=`" "kilikini"
Granby wrote:
[...]

Thanks, that info I didn't know.

Kyla

Old August 2nd 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 1, 6:54�pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in messagenews:rLKdnUU49bIZ7A7VnZ2dnUVZ_rXinZ2d@comca st.com...

"Victor Martinez"
Will in New Haven wrote:
[...]

You know, I was angry when I sat down here and read the crap Kyla
posted about me. Not
just angry. I was *****ed*. I don't mind being virtually smacked for
things I do and say. I
*do not* like being accused of things I *didn't* do......in front of a
global audience, no less.
Now I'm out of breath laughing. "Hot nookie when your kids are
asleep?" ???!!!!! OMG.
Now, *that's* a well-wisher.
And now, the whole thing stupidly funny. Like Elmer Fudd says, "Don't
take life seriously, son. It
ain't nohow permanent."

Sherry
Old August 2nd 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

Hugs back at you - I've missed the whole hullabaloo because I skip
messages unless there something following it that catches my eye. :-)
Multiple PING: Kyla got me...LOL

^..^

Kathy P. and Woodgie

Old August 2nd 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Will in New Haven wrote:
[...]

Elmer Fudd was a wise man, and *vastly* underappreciated by Bugs! ;

Fuzzy Spotted Tummy Rubs,

CatNipped