Taking a short break

Old March 14th 05, 02:16 AM
CatNipped

Default Taking a short break

OK, when I get upset I clean. When I get *VERY* upset I start stripping
cabinet and floors, waxing, cleaning out closets. I've been going at it for
about 10 hours now - cleaning and crying, crying and cleaning. It's so
frustrating because I don't know what to do - I don't think Bandit is in
immediate danger, so I didn't take her to the ER, but I know she's got to be
hurting (and they only gave me 3 pain pills yesterday morning, I used one
last night and just gave her another - I'll give her another before going to
the vet in the morning).

I just can't quit thinking about this and worrying. This doesn't look like
it happened when the first one did, so I got to thinking - was the vet
stupid enough to use the heating pad again during the surgery to fix the
first burn???!!! I think after this, unless there is a *REALLY* good
explanation in the morning, I'll have to start looking for another vet - I
don't know if I'll be able to trust them ever again.

Oh gawd, what do you guys think?

I have to take off work again in the morning to take her in - after taking
half days all last week to take care of her - my boss isn't going to be real
happy with me.

So I need multi-purpose purrs please, please, please!!???

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old March 14th 05, 02:30 AM
Mischief

Easy now, breathe, BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure there has got to be a good explanation for this.

Just try to stay calm while talking to the vet. Purrs for you and
Bandit, and not to mention the rest of your house too.

Kristi

Old March 14th 05, 02:57 AM
CATherine

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 02:16:51 GMT, "CatNipped"
wrote:

[...]

I think she can wait until tomorrwo. It is not as bad as the first
burn. But I just looked at the picture and the first thing that popped
into my mind was chemical burn. Could that be possible? I had a client
with a chemical burn and it looked just like that and size and shape
as well. The doc put Silvadine on it. But I agree about having her
whole body checked under all that dense hair. Purrs,

--
CATherine
Old March 14th 05, 02:59 AM
Victor Martinez

CatNipped wrote:
So I need multi-purpose purrs please, please, please!!???

Lots of purrs on the way.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 14th 05, 03:02 AM
Karen

in article , CatNipped at
wrote on 3/13/05 8:16 PM:

[...]

Big purrs coming. Crying isn't going to help Bandit, and she doesn't seem
upset. I personally would not give a pain pill in the morning if you are
going to the vet because you don't know what they may need to do. She may be
super susceptible to heat. I guess it's cliche but waiting is the hardest
part. I think you have done all you can for tonight. Just give her gentle
head skritchies. We are thinking of you.

Old March 14th 05, 03:51 AM
Marina

CatNipped wrote:
So I need multi-purpose purrs please, please, please!!???

Lots of calming, soothing purrs to you, Lori, and burn-healing purrs to
Bandit. That does look nasty, but I don't think a trip to the ER is
called for. Just calm down, take a deep breath, and scritch Bandit for us.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old March 14th 05, 03:57 AM
Sam Nash

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

General Mega-purrs on the way, Lori.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old March 14th 05, 04:15 AM
Susan M

We're still thinking of you and Bandit. I'll be very interested to know
what the vet has to say. Please try to get some sleep tonight and don't
worry.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old March 14th 05, 05:16 AM
dorothy

Calm down, take a deep breath, remember our babies can sense our moods
and emotions and can get agitated just because we are. It is so hard
having our furbabies hurt and not knowing what to do. It sounds like
you're handling everything the right way so far, and you've done all
you can for now, so just rest and concentrate on what you're going to
say to the vet tomorrow. I've found that it always helped me when
Nikita was sick to write a timeline down, with everything that I
noticed and everything I did noted, so there was an exact history
available for them. I'd also write down any questions you're going to
have for the vet in advance, so you don't forget any when you're face
to face (something I tend to do). I just hope there is some other
explanation for Bandit's new burn, as the sheer idiocy of putting her
back on the same heating pad that caused such a terrible injury in the
first place just boggles my mind. All three motors are going strong
here for you and poor Bandit, just hang in there and let us know what
you find out.

Kerrie