I want to ruin the following groups

Old March 6th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default I want to ruin the following groups

"Granby" wrote in message
Ya know I got to tell them now. Ok, I bought this really nice sturdy Wine
bottle opener. It is too fancy to call a corkscrew. You lifer up an
handle, kind of shaped like an old pump handle, lower the entire thing
over the wine bottle, grasp the piece of metal on one side and the padded
part on the other. Then, you lower the handle so it lines up with the
side of the bottle. Then, you raise the handle and the cork comes out,
you again lower the handle and the cork comes off in your hand.

So her DH shows her how to work it, and when we spent a week end in St.
Louis I showed her. She decided to open some when her DH wasn't home and
somehow this well constructed hefty built thing fell apart in her hands.
She was laughing so hard when she told me. She needs to tell her side of
this. I spose in Missouri where she comes from, They somehow grab the
cork with their teeth and pull it out!
"

I thought that was Kentucky where they did that.

Pam S. now confused

Old March 6th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default comfort food was: I want to ruin the following groups

Stormmee wrote:
I am 49 in July but my mom was raised very poor and always kept the
stuff for this at the back of the cabinet, the thing that always made
her mad was when my dad would get the heals out and make toast and
jelly with them, Lee

What are 'heels of bread'? Do you mean the crusts at either end?

Yowie

Old March 6th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

yes and my dad said they were always best for toast and jelly because of the
way they curve when they toast, Lee

Old March 6th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

at least in MO we have teeth to grab it with, the definition of mechanical:
if Lee can do it, whatever IT is, its not mechanical, Lee
Granby wrote in message
[...]

"Stormmee" wrote in message
you laugh, ask Gramby what thing I recently broke of DH's after both he
and
Gramby showed me how to use it, Lee
Kyla =^..^= wrote in message
news
LOL
Kyla

"Stormmee"
the crock pot is my friend, one of the few kitchen items besides the
microwave I can operate without causing some incident that involves

fires
or
doctors, Lee
Daniel Mahoney
"Stormmee" DH slow roasted a beef roast for later... it was
outstandingly complex,
he
took it out of the package, put it in the baking dish I gave him

and
roasted
it... oh yes I learned how to turn off the oven in case he fell

asleep
and
he did have to cut a bit off to make it fit in the dish I gave

him.
Lee

Sounds like what I did for dinner tonight. Cut up a 3 pound roast,
peeled and sliced potatoes and carrots, and dumped them all in the

crock
pot with some stewed tomatoes. Was pretty decent. And we'll have
leftovers for quite a while.

Old March 6th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I can't kill him but if he has already assumed room temperature I am ready
to roast, Lee
tanadashoes wrote in message

"Stormmee" wrote in message
if you are from where I am road kill isn't a bad thing... in the county
where most of my family lives in Missouri, if a deer is hit and killed,
and
the person calls it in as they are supposed to, they can keep the deer

for
meat and if they decline it, you can be on a list where they call you

and
tell you how long you have to pick it up, Lee

I wish they did that in Wyoming. When a mule deer committed suicide by

car
hood using our car back in 1989, we called it in, waited for the state
trooper, showed him the corpse of the victim, then was told that his meat
would go to the state prison system.

To be honest, I don't think I could have eaten any of it. I'd killed
Bambi's uncle.

Pam S. still nauseated at the ides

Old March 6th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default RPCA CUT IT OUT, PLEASE ( I want to ruin the following groups)

for me it translates to MY therapy, save lots on head doctor bills for me,
Lee
john sumner wrote in message
et...
Daniel Mahoney wrote in
news
RPCC what does that mean kyla?

rec.pets.cats.community

Ahh thanks dan.

Old March 7th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

I've only seen one of his other films...not a big fan
Kyla

"Matthew"
anything by Michael Moore I refuse to watch

"Kyla =^..^="
I was kidding about the Roadkill Cookbook G I used to eat a LOT of
venison when I was married to my b****rd ex.
No fair, HE got to be in a movie and not me :/
A Michael Moore Movie yet called 'Sicko'. which I refuse to watch!
Kyla

"Stormmee"
if you are from where I am road kill isn't a bad thing... in the county
where most of my family lives in Missouri, if a deer is hit and killed,
and
the person calls it in as they are supposed to, they can keep the deer
for
meat and if they decline it, you can be on a list where they call you
and
tell you how long you have to pick it up, Lee
Kyla =^..^=
Ewwwww, yuck!
Was that from the Roadkill Cookbook G
Kyla

"Granby"
Oh dear Lord, my Granny would be proud!
"Matthew"
1 'Possum
1/2 c Lime
1 g Water
1 c Salt
1 Red pepper pod

Put 1/2 cup lime in about 1 gallon of boiling water and scald
quickly,
and pull off hair while hot. Scrape well--remove feet, tail, and
entrails--like you would a pig. Cut off ears, remove eyes and head
if
desired. Pour hot water over it and clean thoroughly.
Put one cup salt in sufficient cold water to cover possum, add 1 pod
red
pepper and let stand overnight. In the morning remove salt water and
pour
boiling water over it. Cook in enough boiling water to boil up over
possum but not enough to cover. Cook until skin can be pierced with
fork easily, and let stand in water until ready for baking.
When ready to bake, place possum in pan with skin side up. Bake in a
moderate oven until crisp and brown. If fire is too hot, skin will
blister and burn.
Carve possum and surround with potatoes (sliced or quartered) which
have
been previously baked.

http://www.cookingindex.com/search.p...ossum+stuffing for other
recipes

"Granby" wrote in message
We leave off the "O" round here. Kind of like "P" neumonia.
Besides
that there is no righ way to cook Opossum. Even if, as the lady
said,
you boil the Pi** out of it for three days. My Granny cooked it
and
always, the more you chewed, the bigger it gets. I beg to
respectfully
diagree with your opinion.
"Matthew" wrote in message
opossum is good as long as it is cooked right

remember I am a hillbilly

"Granby" wrote in message
A lady at work today discussed the cooking of a possum. Anyone
want
details?
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

DroooooooL..

Old March 7th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

I did...ewwwww gross...LOL
Kyla

"Granby"
Kyla, check the website he sent with this recipe. I put it in my
favorites. So far, I have managed to gross two people out with it.

[...]

with a fork easily, and let stand in water until ready for baking.

"Granby" wrote in message
A lady at work today discussed the cooking of a possum. Anyone want
details?
. ..

Old March 7th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"tanadashoes"
"Kyla =^..^="
Ohhh, now I understand...LOL
KYla
the ky-gene? heh
BTW, somebody called the other day and asked if this was 'Kayla' and I
replied 'there's no one named Kayla here'.
You don't pronounce my name right, you don't get to talk to me, iz all.
heh
Kyla
--marking my 'spot'

I had a telemarketer ask to speak to my mommy once. I asked if he had a
really good long distance plan.

Pam S.

LOL...good for you

Kyla
--watching Judge Judy give a d*g owner a good reaming G
He gonna get it good