Yay Stinky! Day 5

Old September 22nd 05, 04:13 PM
Kreisleriana

Default Yay Stinky! Day 5

Stinky is now moving more or less freely through the house. He seems
to have decided he would rather see what the little vandal is doing
than yield the field.

They are now curious about each other-- Stinky is still hissy and
hostile, but he really does want to see what the little guy is up to.
And the little one seems absolutely fascinated by Stinky, and
expresses this in that time-honored, clueless way honored by kittens
everywhere-- (including Stinky himself when he was a little bit)--
i.e., leaping straight at his face. :P Which Stinky responds to in
the time-honored way of mature cats everywhere-- with a hisspit.
Stinky, amazingly, has to this point, been too much of a gentlecat to
biff the little fiend.

So starting last night, things started to take on a kind of farcical
feel. The kitten goes about his ditzy, pinhead kitten busines, and
Stinky follows him at a safe distance of about a foot or two. If the
kitten notices him and reacts, Stinky hisses and leaves. Stinky goes
about his dignified grownup business (I never thought I'd see the day)
and the kitten sort of lollops after him, keeping at a safe distance,
until he just gets too excited, and ends up leaping at Stinky, with
the same result as above. Lather, rinse repeat.

Theresa

Old September 22nd 05, 05:11 PM
Exocat

"Kreisleriana" wrote

Stinky is now moving more or less freely through the house. He seems
to have decided he would rather see what the little vandal is doing
than yield the field.

They are now curious about each other

Sorta toldya so. Delighted it isn't taking longer. In a few more days
Stinky will be drawn into Hotstuff's wrasslin' matches & lovin' it!

Even after nearly 2 months Snowball is still hisspitting at Claudius
when he goes OTT but it doesn't stop them napping together in an
intertwined inextricably friendly fashion (something woke me up at
5am and I noticed them bundled up right beside me. Sorry no pic,
I went back to sleep happy.

SO WHERE ARE THE HOTSTUFF PICS YOU PROMISED US?

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old September 22nd 05, 05:20 PM
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

Stinky is now moving more or less freely through the house. He seems
to have decided he would rather see what the little vandal is doing
than yield the field.

Sounds very good. Go Stinky! Go Hotstuff... or Marvin... or whosis...

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old September 22nd 05, 06:22 PM
Adrian

Kreisleriana wrote:
Stinky is now moving more or less freely through the house. He seems
to have decided he would rather see what the little vandal is doing
than yield the field.

snip
Great news!! When are we going to see pictures? ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 22nd 05, 10:14 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:22:03 +0100, "Adrian"
yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote:
Stinky is now moving more or less freely through the house. He seems
to have decided he would rather see what the little vandal is doing
than yield the field.

snip
Great news!! When are we going to see pictures? ;-)

Not instantly, I'm afraid, and I apologize. There is something wrong
with my digital camera, and I am too busy and hassled right now to do
anything about it. So the pictures will be taken the old-fashioned
way-- get to the end of the roll, have it developed. Sorry. I
promise you'll see him before he gets bigger than Stinky.

Theresa
Old September 22nd 05, 06:43 PM
Shiral

See? =o) We told you they just needed some adjustment and time. I knew
Stinky wouldn't hide forever. He just had to make sure you knew you had
violated the Catslave Code in his eyes. I'll bet they'll be playing
together by this time next week.... or maybe the week after that. =o)

Melissa

Old September 22nd 05, 09:10 PM
jmcquown

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

I can't wait to see pics of the two of them interacting (or not!) together!
It's too funny when you describe things; must be hilarious when you're right
there in person to witness.

Jill

Old September 22nd 05, 11:49 PM
Cheryl

On Thu 22 Sep 2005 11:13:12a, Kreisleriana wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

[...]

Amazing how kittens will bring out the grownup in a previously
kittenish cat! Good thing is, that once they are familiar with
each other, the kittenish behavior comes back. When I chose
Scarlett and Rhett, it was with Shamrock's wild side in mind. They
had to be wild enough, and outgoing enough to put up with him. Oh,
boy, do they ever! LOL

Sounds like things are going nicely!

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh My Blog:
http://www.humanitas.blogspot.com

--
Cheryl
Old September 23rd 05, 07:15 PM
Kreisleriana

On 22 Sep 2005 22:49:12 GMT, Cheryl
yodeled:

On Thu 22 Sep 2005 11:13:12a, Kreisleriana wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
) :

[...]

Says you. Oh, excuse me, I'm terribly sorry. I am just so grumpy
with the little twerp bouncing around like a loose electron.

Erm, excuse me again ( Hey, that's MY MOUSIE, pinhead! And what do
you think you're doing with Mommy's drapes?)

Love, Stinky

I COODEN HELP IT DEY ATTACKT ME. YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAA!!

Theresa