FDA RELEASE NEW NUMBERS ABOUT PET DEATHS

Old May 2nd 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Default FDA RELEASE NEW NUMBERS ABOUT PET DEATHS

1450 PET DEATHS

That is the number the FDA released today they finally admit to it was on
Fox news just minutes ago

And now Poultry feed had problems
http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01621.html

Old May 3rd 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 2 May, 23:00, "Matthew" wrote:
1450 PET DEATHS

That is the number the FDA released today they finally admit to it was on
Fox news just minutes ago

And now Poultry feed had problemshttp://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01621.html

This really is turning out to be a real home disaster story, isn't it?
We had a poultry scare in the UK recently, but it was avian flu we
were worrying about, imported through Hungary "If" I remember
rightly....

Looks like you are in for a rough ride there. I feel for you all. Why
doesn't the government just admit to the cock up & get everyone
working together to eliminate the problem & be rid of it?

We had a rough ride a few ears ago with Beef, feed & BSC. We had to
slaughter thousands of cows & our farmers went through hell and back,
but it worked ok in the end, because everyone had to work together to
get shot of the problem.

My guess is that no government wants to admit to this disaster whilst
it happens on their watch?
S;o)

Old May 3rd 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lis

On May 2, 6:00 pm, "Matthew" wrote:
1450 PET DEATHS

That is the number the FDA released today they finally admit to it was on
Fox news just minutes ago

And now Poultry feed had problemshttp://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01621.html

You've transposed two numbers: it's 4,150 pet deaths. Over two
thousand each, dogs and cats.

Lis

Old May 3rd 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 3 May, 18:20, Lis wrote:
On May 2, 6:00 pm, "Matthew" wrote:

1450 PET DEATHS

That is the number the FDA released today they finally admit to it was on
Fox news just minutes ago

And now Poultry feed had problemshttp://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01621.html

You've transposed two numbers: it's 4,150 pet deaths. Over two
thousand each, dogs and cats.

Lis

This is absolutely terrible. Cat N has informed us that it has now
reached Europe, which I suppose was inevitable really...What can we do
to help ourselves over here, because everybody I have called today
regarding this matter knows nothing, of course?!!
One thing that I would like to point out, is the fact that we have a
lot of USAF troops, logistics and other defence sites over here., &
all of the foods that you mention are all available for sale in the
commissaries(shops on site of bases)...

I know quite a few people that get service personnel to buy pet foods
for them because we happen to live near one, & I work part time on one
of them too. Not one single person I spoke to who gets their pet food
from there knew a single thing about the recall, so we have to assume
that it HAS Reached over here, and there are far more than any
statistics than the officials are even aware of.......

I know that they shouldn't ask others to get pet food for them, but I
understand why they do, because some of them are really good quality
foods @ a far cheaper price than we can access them for, so how will
we ever know how widespread this disaster has got, or how far &
widespread either....
S;o(