Cat Friendly Plants

Old September 5th 07, 05:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

Default Cat Friendly Plants

Does anyone know of any really cat friendly plants please? I would
love to plant something that I know will be entirely cat friendly in
the new cats run. I know that we all live in different countries, but
some of us must live in similar climates, so if you can think of any
that are similar to the UK, I would appreciate that very much indeed.

In the older runs, I went with the safe option of grass, just so that
they could nibble on it every now & again to help with the odd
particularly nuisance hairballs because I simply wasn't sure, & didn't
want to take any chances. For decorative purposes I stuck to hanging
baskets outside the runs, just to make them look a touch less drab.

However, this time the run is going to last for the foreseeable
future, & will be big enough to accommodate all of us in there with
them as well, including all smaller tress's, bushes, & flowers as well
as foliage that we could / would be consider, so that over time, it
will become a really nice place, that makes you want to go out & share
that space with them. I seem to remember a debate on here recently,
all about cat nip, stating that one cat nip is far better than the
common old garden cat nip. If you can remember which plant that was,
I'd love to know of that one too please? I have a feeling it had
something to do with either Valerian or bergamot if I remember
correctly?

TIA to anyone who might be able to help out with this one

Sheelagh "o"

Old September 10th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 21:54:54 -0700, "Sheelagh o"
wrote:

TIA to anyone who might be able to help out with this one

rye, oats, barley wheat are a true treat for your cat

These can be bought cheaply at a "produce/farmer" shop (all belong to
"grass" family) Pet shops sell them as "Cat Grass". A $ or Euro should
buy a couple of pounds or kilo of the stuff. VERY easy to grow

Petzl
--
LET'S LOOK OUT FOR AUSTRALIA
Terror hotline gets 71,000 calls per annum
Old September 10th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

wrote:
TIA to anyone who might be able to help out with this one

rye, oats, barley wheat are a true treat for your cat

These can be bought cheaply at a "produce/farmer" shop (all belong to
"grass" family) Pet shops sell them as "Cat Grass". A $ or Euro should
buy a couple of pounds or kilo of the stuff. VERY easy to grow

Petzl
--
LET'S LOOK OUT FOR AUSTRALIA
Terror hotline gets 71,000 calls per annumhttp://www.nationalsecurity.gov.au/
Protecting our way of life from terrorist threat

Thanks, I'll add that to the shopping list too then. I have just paid
for some turf to be delivered, but there is a space of 6' x 4' that
was waiting for something appropriate to fill it with. If any other
plants come to mind, please give me another shout. Many thanks,
Sheelagh "o"

Old September 10th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Catlover Medway via CatKB.com

http://www.cats.org.uk/catcare/leaflets.asp
Under "Practical Advice" see "Cats and Grass" which underscores the previous
poster's point
Under "Behaviour/Environment" see "Cats and Gardens"

Here's what not to plant
http://www.fabcats.org/owners/poisons/index.php

Sheelagh o wrote:
On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 21:54:54 -0700, "Sheelagh o"

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

Old September 10th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

Sheelagh o wrote:
On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 21:54:54 -0700, "Sheelagh o"

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
Terror hotline gets 71,000 calls per annumhttp://www.nationalsecurity.gov.au/
Protecting our way of life from terrorist threat

Thanks, I'll add that to the shopping list too then. I have just paid
for some turf to be delivered, but there is a space of 6' x 4' that
was waiting for something appropriate to fill it with. If any other
plants come to mind, please give me another shout. Many thanks,
Sheelagh "o"

Thank you very much indeed. This is incredibly helpful & I now know
that Lillie's are not a very good idea @ all. These bits of
information are essential before laying your garden out & allowing
your cat near it.
I'm ever go grateful,
Sheelagh "o"

Cats vs Plants... Azy Cat anecdotes 2 February 9th 06 02:40 AM
plants Denise Clere Cat health & behaviour 3 April 6th 05 03:49 AM
Poisonous Plants CatNipped Cat anecdotes 3 February 10th 05 09:57 PM
Poisonous Plants? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 January 22nd 05 12:25 AM
Poinsetta Plants Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 5 December 11th 03 10:17 PM