Adopting Buster - the next phase

Old December 13th 03, 04:50 AM
Marina

Default Adopting Buster - the next phase

"Mark Edwards" wrote

Well, I seem to have Senyah's acceptance of Buster now. At least she
isn't complaining that Buster stays inside all the time.

Yay, Buster's home! How good of Little Feet to look out for his new brother
like that.

--
Marina

Old December 13th 03, 05:27 AM
Christine Burel

Heartwarming story, Mark, and especially welcome after a looong week.
Hope you feel better soon.
Christine
"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Well, I seem to have Senyah's acceptance of Buster now. At least she
isn't complaining that Buster stays inside all the time.

Now I just have to work on Buster a little bit.

Apparently, he is used to being an outside cat, and wants out from
time to time. He stands at the window, and meows to be let out. He
meows more loudly if I'm there, since I'm used to cat talk (grin).

Once he has someone's attention, he then goes and stands right at the
door, incase he wasn't being obvious before. The he meows again. And
again, bout every five minutes, if he was ignored the first time.

I usually tell him that he doesn't *have* to go outside, that he has a
forever home where it is warm, with food and lots of love. Then he
stands back in front of the door and meows (grin).

Today, it has been wet and cold outside. He went to the door twice
during the day (I've been home sick today), and I let him out, while
holding the door partly open in case he changed his mind.

Of course, he did.

Buster stood outside for a couple of minutes, looked around, and
turned around and came right back in.

This evening, he wanted out again, so I had another talk with him. I
told him that I didn't care what Little Feet might have said, but that
he was just as welcome to use the litterboxes any time he likes (I
think Buster must prefer doing his business outdoors...), and that he
was welcome to anything we have in the house. I repeated that he
didn't have to go outside if he didn't want to.

Nevertheless, he meowed that he really did want to go out in the cold
and the rain (sigh).

So I let him out, and this time he wandered off for a couple of hours.
When he came back, he sat on the air conditioner in the window. Spot
was visiting at the time, and hissed at Buster's sudden appearance,
while Little Feet came to let me know that Buster was back.

Oh, and I think Little Feet has accepted the adoption of Buster as
well. Whenever Buster goes out, Little Feet keeps an eye out, and
sniffs at the door from time to time, until Buster comes back. Little
Feet even makes me go out and look for Buster every so often - he
comes and meows, leads me to the door. When Buster comes back, Little
Feet is even more insistent in his meows - he has a "Let Buster back
in" meow now.

Buster wasted no time coming back in. He was cold and wet and hungry.
I dried him off while he snarfed down some dried. He is sitting on my
lap now, while he warms back up (yikes! - grin). He's purring softly
while I tell him he's a good panther.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Old December 13th 03, 05:40 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:27:47 -0700, "Christine Burel"
wrote:

Heartwarming story, Mark, and especially welcome after a looong week.
Hope you feel better soon.
Christine
"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Purrs for a speedy recovery and the continued friendship of Little
Feet and Buster MLB

Old December 13th 03, 11:24 AM
badwilson

Aaaaawww! I'm so happy you're adopting Buster. I guess you'll just have to
step up another level in catslaveish-ness and open the door for him whenever
he demands it ;-)
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

Old December 13th 03, 12:50 PM
jmcquown

Mark Edwards wrote:
Well, I seem to have Senyah's acceptance of Buster now. At least she
isn't complaining that Buster stays inside all the time.

Now I just have to work on Buster a little bit.

Buster wasted no time coming back in. He was cold and wet and hungry.
I dried him off while he snarfed down some dried. He is sitting on my
lap now, while he warms back up (yikes! - grin). He's purring softly
while I tell him he's a good panther.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

How wonderful! I'm surprised, even though he's used to being outdoors, that
he stayed out in the cold rain as long as he did when he has such a nice
warm loving home inside.

I think gradually you'll be able to wean him from wanting out. Persia used
to want out all the time. Now if I open the door she backs off like "Oh no,
not out THERE!"

The exception, of course, is since I got her the kitty-walk thing from Drs.
Foster & Smith. When the weather is nice she adores sitting outside in her
cat-run. I can't really fault her for wanting outside in that instance.

I'm glad Little Feet is helping out! Sounds like things are going very well
indeed.

Jill

Old December 13th 03, 02:29 PM
Victor Martinez

Mark Edwards wrote:
I usually tell him that he doesn't *have* to go outside, that he has a
forever home where it is warm, with food and lots of love. Then he
stands back in front of the door and meows (grin).

I'm sure Buster will enventually realize it's much better inside. Xoxo
never has tried to go outside through a door. He seems to think "been
there, done that, it's better inside".

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 13th 03, 08:59 PM
polonca12000

I do hope that letting Buster out and then back in isn't going to worsen
your illness, Mark.
Lots of purrs and best wishes for you to start feeling better ASAP,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Well, I seem to have Senyah's acceptance of Buster now. At least she
isn't complaining that Buster stays inside all the time.

snip

Old December 14th 03, 06:14 AM
JP Hobbs

Like the sound of Buster and little feet may they
always be mates I'm sure Spot will join the happy
group soon. Jean p.

Old December 19th 03, 12:40 AM
SUQKRT

In article ,
wrote:

Well, I seem to have Senyah's acceptance of Buster now. At least she isn't

complaining that Buster stays inside all the time.

Sounds like you all are making great progress.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

New pictures of Buster and Little Feet Karen Cat anecdotes 6 December 12th 04 10:26 AM
Mornings with Buster Karen Cat anecdotes 2 December 6th 03 06:52 AM
Buster and Little Feet Karen Cat anecdotes 7 November 29th 03 11:26 PM
Fetching Buster Karen Cat anecdotes 6 November 29th 03 03:15 AM
question potential for adopting - longish OU812? Cat anecdotes 12 August 19th 03 10:35 AM