A cat forum. CatBanter

OT: Emergency Contacts (rather morbid)

Old August 2nd 18, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

Default OT: Emergency Contacts (rather morbid)

On 8/1/2018 5:39 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 6:30:07 PM UTC-4, joy wrote:
On 8/1/2018 1:38 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 7/30/2018 12:26 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 3:47:28 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:

Just curious.* I know when I was in the hospital in 2008 I called a
Usenet friend (for completely other reasons).* She remembered I post
here.* So she posted here and let everyone know what was up.
(snipped self)

Anyone ever think about this?* (I'm feeling fine, BTW.)

Jill

Sorry to revive the old thread, but I was wondering where some of our
members have gone; late to the party I know.

Anyway, I think I only know two people who know what a cat is and
probably neither know what Usenet is. The younger one could figure it
out, but she wouldn't **** on me if I was on fire. Pardon the
colloquialism. (Damn I actually spelled it correctly :-) )

Ah, well.* I'm not sure what to say to that.* Congrats on the spelling?
wink

Ten years ago (when I was in the hospital) this usenet group was still
pretty active.* Lots of regulars.* And we all seemed to know and care
about each other.* Funny how things can seem to change in a mere decade.

The number of posters has dwindled in a rather short time.* Whether
they've gone to Facebook or somewhere else, I don't know.

Lives change, times change.* That's normal.* But hey, I'm still here.* I
do often feel as if I'm talking to myself.* So I'm really glad to see
you back, Bill.

Jill

Many of them have gone to Facebook.

I'm still here, although I don't post very often. It would be nice if
we could get this group animated again.

Joy

. ,.
T."-._..---.._,-"/|
l|"-. _.v._ (" |
[l /.'_ \; _~"-.`-t
Y " _(o} _{o)._ ^.|
j T ,-v-. T ]
\ l ( /-^-\ ) ! !
\. \. "~" ./ /c-..,__
^r- .._ .- .-" `- . ~"--.
\. \

] ^. \
3 . " . Y
,.__.--._ _j \ ~ . ; |
( ~"-._~"^._\ ^. ^._ I . l
"-._ ___ ~"-,_7 .Z-._ 7" Y ; \ _
/" "~-(r r _/_--._~-/ / /,.--^-._ / Y
"-._ '"~~~-._~]--^---./____,.^~ ^.^ !
~--._ ' Y---. \./
~~--._ l_ ) \
~-._~~~---._,____..--- \
~----"~ \
\

My best attempt to animate the group. :-)

OK, I stole it. LOL

I don't care if you did steal it; I love it!
Old August 2nd 18, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 8/1/2018 5:43 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 8:39:28 PM UTC-4, Bill Stock wrote:
[...]

Damn, it looked perfect before I posted it. :-(

I don't see a problem with it.
Old August 2nd 18, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

On 2-8-2018 2:02, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/1/2018 6:24 PM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
On 1-8-2018 22:38, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Some cat lovers are mostly lurking(so am I.

Why?

Jill

Dont have a cat. With only one person to care for the cat(s),
I dont want that.
However at least 4 cats in the neigbourhood being very friendly,
I can get rid of a few scrathes or bellyrubs.
Also I "catsit" for a friend on occasion, when they are away for a
weekend or so.
Back to lurking

Old August 2nd 18, 06:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 8/1/2018 8:08 PM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
[...]

To each his own. I'm only one person, and I have two cats, Pickles and
Koala.