[OT] I dare you all...

Old February 12th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default [OT] I dare you all...

Call me a troll but I am crying my heart out right now in sorrow. I had
heard and read some facts about mass production of meat but the knowledge
was purely conceptual until today.

Before you post any recipe, I dare you to watch this to the end:

(narrated by Alec Baldwin, and one of today's "top movers and shakers" on
google video)

Sorry. I am so very sorry.

Old February 12th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
Call me a troll but I am crying my heart out right now in sorrow. I had
heard and read some facts about mass production of meat but the knowledge
was purely conceptual until today.

Before you post any recipe, I dare you to watch this to the end:

(narrated by Alec Baldwin, and one of today's "top movers and shakers" on
google video)

Sorry. I am so very sorry.

I am not even going to go here and I am not talking about the propaganda
movie

Old February 12th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
Call me a troll but I am crying my heart out right now in sorrow. I had
heard and read some facts about mass production of meat but the knowledge
was purely conceptual until today.

Before you post any recipe, I dare you to watch this to the end:

(narrated by Alec Baldwin, and one of today's "top movers and shakers" on
google video)

Sorry. I am so very sorry.

I also forgot to add it won't stop me from having fried chicken, a hamburger
or bacon. I am not heartless person either but here is the blunt of it. It
ain't no different from it happening on a farm that quite a few of us were
raised on but in larger scale.

Old February 12th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In et,
Pat purred:
Call me a troll but I am crying my heart out right now in sorrow. I
had heard and read some facts about mass production of meat but the
knowledge was purely conceptual until today.

Before you post any recipe, I dare you to watch this to the end:

(narrated by Alec Baldwin, and one of today's "top movers and
shakers" on google video)

Sorry. I am so very sorry.

Watched it - PETA propaganda is all I can say. I disregard anything that
mentions them (and they were mentioned), as well as anything Alec Baldwin
does - and why is he still in this country?? Didn't he, Susan Sarandon &
Tim Robbins all state that they would leave if GW were elected - the first
time? It's been 7 years now, and they're still here (and so is GW). Time
for them to own up to their "promises" LOL

And talk about misleading info - the comment on the side states that humans
didn't "eat meat until recently"..... um, didn't they find animal bones
that had obviously been gnawed on by 'humans'* when they excavated ancient
remains? I'm talking way before the Egyptians, Romans & Greeks took over...
not thousands, but millions of years old. They know that it was the 'human'
that gnawed on it as when they found the human remains, the jaw bone & teeth
matched the marks on the critter bone.

Homo Sapiens evolved (or were intelligently designed - whatever your belief)
as *OMNI*vores - eating both meat and plant for sustenance. The proof is
not in the digestive tract - which is inefficient in all animals - else we
wouldn't poo - (why do cows have 4 stomachs? So they can grind their food
better. Why do you think dried dung (herbivore poo) burns in a fire? Because
there is so much un-processed vegetation in it.)... The proof is in the
*TEETH*. We have both sharp cutting teeth (canines & incisors) for cutting
meat, and grinders (molars & bicuspids) for grinding vegetation into a pulp.

And another screw up - "chimps" are not obligate
vegetarians/vegans/herbivores. If they have a chance to catch a frog,
lizard, bird or some other animal - they will, and eat it. Their teeth are
like ours - but worse - each 'chimp' is about as strong as 4 humans - so 4X
the biting power.

* I use the term 'human' loosely here - meaning all versions, Neanderthal,
homo erectus, homo sapien, or whatever the others are.

--
Earth first! Make Mars our bitch! - Dale Gribble "King of the Hill"

Old February 12th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In ,
Matthew purred:
"Pat" wrote in message
et...
Call me a troll but I am crying my heart out right now in sorrow. I
had heard and read some facts about mass production of meat but the
knowledge was purely conceptual until today.

Before you post any recipe, I dare you to watch this to the end:

(narrated by Alec Baldwin, and one of today's "top movers and
shakers" on google video)

Sorry. I am so very sorry.

I also forgot to add it won't stop me from having fried chicken, a
hamburger or bacon. I am not heartless person either but here is the
blunt of it. It ain't no different from it happening on a farm that
quite a few of us were raised on but in larger scale.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm... bacon.......... insert Homer Simpson drooling noise

Old February 12th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
Call me a troll but I am crying my heart out right now in sorrow. I had
heard and read some facts about mass production of meat but the knowledge
was purely conceptual until today.

Before you post any recipe, I dare you to watch this to the end:

(narrated by Alec Baldwin, and one of today's "top movers and shakers" on
google video)

Sorry. I am so very sorry.

I'm a meat eater and I don't apologize for it. Yes I know where my
hamburgers and chicken nuggets come from. I've even toured slaughterhouses.
I came away from that experience needing a shower to get the smell off, but
hungry for a good steak.

Jo

Old February 12th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Pat wrote:
Call me a troll but I am crying my heart out right now in sorrow. I
had heard and read some facts about mass production of meat but the
knowledge was purely conceptual until today.

Who the hell called you a troll?

Jill

Old February 12th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
t...

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
Call me a troll but I am crying my heart out right now in sorrow. I had
heard and read some facts about mass production of meat but the knowledge
was purely conceptual until today.

Before you post any recipe, I dare you to watch this to the end:

(narrated by Alec Baldwin, and one of today's "top movers and shakers" on
google video)

Sorry. I am so very sorry.

I'm a meat eater and I don't apologize for it. Yes I know where my
hamburgers and chicken nuggets come from. I've even toured
slaughterhouses. I came away from that experience needing a shower to get
the smell off, but hungry for a good steak.

Jo

That sounds like a great idea for dinner. I think I am going to outback
tonight and have the Melbourne 20 oz porterhouse medium rare

Old February 12th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote
| Pat purred:
| Call me a troll but I am crying my heart out right now in sorrow. I
| had heard and read some facts about mass production of meat but the
| knowledge was purely conceptual until today.
|
| Before you post any recipe, I dare you to watch this to the end:
| http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...69508770398194
|
| (narrated by Alec Baldwin, and one of today's "top movers and
| shakers" on google video)
|
| Sorry. I am so very sorry.
|
| Watched it - PETA propaganda is all I can say.

OK, I guess I'm really ignorant but I don't understand what PETA might have
to gain by doing this. If they are a group who cares about animal welfare,
as they claim, I cannot imagine that they would fake the scenes of animal
suffering shown in that video.

| The proof is in the
| *TEETH*. We have both sharp cutting teeth (canines & incisors) for
cutting
| meat, and grinders (molars & bicuspids) for grinding vegetation into a
pulp.

Yeah - 4/32 are canines (for tearing), 8/32 are incisors (for slicing) and
20/32 are for grinding. I'm not the one who made those comments, and I do
eat a small amount of animal flesh - mostly fish, and occasionally, when I
can find it, some poultry that was humanely raised and killed - about in
proportion to my dental design, which would be about 1/16th of my diet.

Anyway after seeing this video, I'm thinking very hard about searching for a
brand of cat food that does not use meat from the tortured creatures seen in
that video.

Old February 12th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote

| Pat wrote:
| Call me a troll but I am crying my heart out right now in sorrow. I
| had heard and read some facts about mass production of meat but the
| knowledge was purely conceptual until today.
|
| Who the hell called you a troll?

Nobody the hell did but I sure anticipated being called one, as that is what
seems to happen in this group anytime I post anything that could be seen as
a challenge to the cherished opinions and beliefs of many of its regulars.

Do I dare? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 19th 06 12:00 AM
[OT] [OT] Now I've seen it all.... Pat Cat anecdotes 24 August 1st 06 12:41 PM
[OT] Pup Shoots Man... Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 3 September 10th 04 07:16 AM
[OT] Purrs for Russian kids Yowie Cat anecdotes 46 September 6th 04 12:57 AM
How DARE you!!!!!!! Mischief Cat anecdotes 153 June 24th 04 01:50 AM