How/where to buy preimun canned food at lowest prices?

Old September 18th 05, 09:27 PM
Judy

"Topaz" wrote in message

"No More Retail" wrote in message
Well I wholesale resell for a living here are my some of my results

http://www.dollaritem.com/Pets-Cat-Food.html

At the link above the price on 5.5 oz cans of Nine Lives was just
.32--very
good. But I wonder about the nutrition in the others, and in fact have
never
seen the breakdown for 9 lives. Anyone?

http://www.9lives.com/canned.aspx

Click on the cans to see the breakdowns.

Old September 18th 05, 09:27 PM
Newbie

mlbriggs wrote:

: This is just a thought ---My personal experience with canned food has been
: whenever I stocked up on something, the cat quit eating it. My garbage
: disposer was always well fed. MLB

Yes that is a concern. However, my philosophy is not to argue with her.
Sometimes she has felt differently a few weeks later. That's what
happened to me with some pouches I had bought on sale. She loved them
at first, got bored, so I withdrew them completely, and then she was
quite happy to eat them again after about a month.
Old September 18th 05, 09:44 PM
Newbie

oe Canuck wrote:

: Fancy feast is at Bj's wholesale club for case of 12 for about .32 a can
: But that isn't .25 cents/can!

You may find it funny, but there is no logic to prices in the US
market. Scan different stores and different times, price swings can be
immense. If you don't look, you don;t get. I won't repeat my own lucky
story of how I just got ProPlan cans (59c regular at Petsmart) for less
than 27c.

For FF, 32 c as regular price is very good. I won't be surprised if
some promotion or sale can bring it down to 25. :-)
Old September 18th 05, 09:47 PM
Newbie

No More Retail wrote:

: Also special kitty .78 for a 4 pack..

I have seen those, haven't heard anything about the quality. Are they
good? Lets say at least as good as Friskies?
Old September 18th 05, 09:52 PM
No More Retail

Since when has there been logic in the American market go to Wal-Mart the
item is $10 go to the mall is it $50

Old September 18th 05, 09:54 PM
No More Retail

Special kitty is Wal-Mart brand no bad smell like the cheap stuff good
variety the firballs eat it up when I put it down
I can only guess the taste I have to keep changing brands every couple of
weeks to give them a variety if I serve to much the snub the food

Old September 19th 05, 06:05 PM
cardkitty

Brandy,

Thanks for the "ShopLocal.com" tip! Looks like a neat tool. I wish
more stores would participate!

Kathryn

Who is this Kathryn?
http://www.CardsYourWay.US/About_me.html

Old September 30th 05, 05:59 PM
5cats

5cats wrote:

shortfuse wrote:

I dont buy the store brand names...9 Lives, Whiskas, Friskies are the
top 3. Fancy Feast is fine but the cans are small for my brood.

When Petsmart has sales they have Friskies cans at pretty good prices.

As of yesterday, Petsmart here had Friskies for 25 cents a can with
petperks card.

Yeah, I know it's not premium food, but still, I think some people might
be interested.

Old October 1st 05, 02:05 AM
Steve Crane

Judy wrote:
"Topaz" wrote in message
good. But I wonder about the nutrition in the others, and in fact have
never
seen the breakdown for 9 lives. Anyone?

http://www.9lives.com/canned.aspx

Click on the cans to see the breakdowns.

Unfortunaely the values given are "guaranteed analysis" which is pretty
much worthless. GA's are just minimum and maximum values. Protein MIN
35% - coul dbe 35% could be 50% - you have no way of knowing. If the
company at least provided actual analysis as an "As Fed" value it would
be more useful. The only info they're giving is the basic minimum
nutrients required by law, nothing of much value like calcium,
phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, antioxidants vitamins etc.