Important! Fund for Kilikini's Kitties at the Vet

Old January 27th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Important! Fund for Kilikini's Kitties at the Vet

I've got it all set up. They set up an account in the computer system for
her husband. The funds will go towards vet care, be it routine, emergency
or simply getting their nails trimmed. From what Christy told me about
Tyrone (aka Dr. Evil), he likes to rip things to shreds.

The important details are this:

* If you send a check, it is essential you specify in the Memo Line it is
for the "trust fund" in the name of Allan Tipton.
* You can phone them with a credit/debit card contribution if you prefer.
Again, you must specify it is for the trust fund account.
* They will not accept cash through the mail (understandable).
* They don't have Internet access so Paypal transfers aren't possible
unless someone wants to collect donations and then send the vet money. (I
wish I could take on that task but I'm rather overwhelmed by my mother's
estate.)

The mailing address for the vet is:

Claws & Paws Animal Hospital
36512 State Road 54 West
Zepyhrhills, FL 33541

The phone number is (U.S., country code 1) 813-780-8830

I managed to set aside a little money and will be mailing a check today to
get things started.

I didn't mean to take the ball and run with it. This was really Yowie's
idea. But I figure since I've actually talked with her husband on the phone
in the past (not to mention I'm in the same country) I might as well set it
up.

Let's see what we can do to make sure he's not without some resources should
the cats she loved and cared for so much need medical attention. Thanks!

Jill

Old January 27th 09, 02:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
* They don't have Internet access so Paypal transfers aren't possible
unless someone wants to collect donations and then send the vet money.

I'll be happy to do this for those so inclined. pistor at austin dot rr
dot com

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 27th 09, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Jan 27, 9:00*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Thank you so much for setting this all up for us, Jill. My next
paycheck, I'll
make a contribution to the cause in her memory.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old January 27th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
* They don't have Internet access so Paypal transfers aren't possible
unless someone wants to collect donations and then send the vet money.

I'll be happy to do this for those so inclined. pistor at austin dot rr
dot com

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Thank you very much for volunteering, Victor! (I sort of hoped you would,
heheh.) I'd do it myself but I really have too much other stuff on my plate
right now.

Jill

Old January 28th 09, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Apparently TROLLS can't read for comprehension.

Is it just me, or has the quality of the trolls really deteriorated
lately?

Old January 28th 09, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Apparently TROLLS can't read for comprehension.

Is it just me, or has the quality of the trolls really deteriorated
lately?

Apparently they need a recipe for Veal Piccata

A very simple dish, really. Just buy some thinly sliced veal scallops (aka
scallopini). Lightly dredge the veal in flour seasoned with salt & pepper.

Very lightly brown a clove (or two!) of minced garlic with a finely diced
shallot in a couple of tablespoonfuls of olive oil combined with an equal
amount of butter. Add the veal and quickly pan-fry until it is just golden
brown. Remove the veal to a platter. Deglaze the pan with the juice of 1/2
lemon and a couple of good splashes (about 1/2 cup) of dry white wine.
Cook, stirring constantly, to reduce the sauce. Stir in 2 Tbs. capers.
(The capers are optional; they are traditional but are expensive and rather
hard to find in some markets.) Add back the veal and heat through.
Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and top with thin slices of lemon to
garnish.

You can prepare this same dish as chicken piccata or even turkey piccata;
chicken and turkey "scallops" are fairly easy to find.

Jill

Old January 28th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jan 27, 11:44*pm, "Sara Grell" wrote:
how do we know this isn't going to somebody's drinking habit or gambling
account?

Because your mom isn't involved, fool.

--
Will in New Haven
"Frankly, I think the chances of having a happy childhood while you're
Old January 28th 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Because we know people on this group, I mean some have met in REAL LIFE.
No, I am too old and don't have time to explain that to you. Weather must
be bad and school out. If this ------- had been reading here at all
wouldn't ask such a stupid question.

Old January 28th 09, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Jofirey" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Apparently TROLLS can't read for comprehension.

Is it just me, or has the quality of the trolls really deteriorated
lately?

Apparently they need a recipe for Veal Piccata

You are killing me you know. I adore lamb shanks and I adore veal
picata.

Lamb shanks have become outrageously expensive here and I can seldom
find veal at all.

Jo

Old January 28th 09, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Geoff Rockbridge

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Apparently they need a recipe for Kitten Piccata

A very simple dish, really. Just thinly slice an already skinned kitten
that has been dressed and had the head removed. Lightly dredge the kitten
slices in flour seasoned with salt & pepper. Very lightly brown a clove (or
two!) of minced garlic with a finely diced
shallot in a couple of tablespoonfuls of olive oil combined with an equal
amount of butter. Add the kitten slices and quickly pan-fry until it is
just golden brown. Remove the kitten to a platter. Deglaze the pan with
the juice of 1/2 lemon and a couple of good splashes (about 1/2 cup) of dry
white wine.
Cook, stirring constantly, to reduce the kitten gravy. Stir in 2 Tbs.
capers. (The capers are optional; they are traditional but are expensive
and rather hard to find in some markets.) Add back the kitten and heat
through. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and top with thin slices of
lemon to garnish.

You can prepare this same dish as puppy piccata or even adult cat piccata;
Puppies and adult cats are fairly easy to find.