My beautiful girl

Old April 9th 11, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default My beautiful girl

I'm so proud of my little girl. Miranda went to the vet's for her annual
checkup yesterday. Her regular vet is on maternity leave, and we saw the
owner of the feline-only clinic instead, who also happens to be a
renowned cat-show judge and breeder.

When she took Mir out of her carrier, she immediately started exclaiming
about how beautiful she is, what a perfect Russian Blue, and especially
what beautiful deep-green eyes she has. She went over her body and face
in detail and pointed out all the perfect features of her. I just stood
there bursting with pride in my gorgeous little girl.

I have to say I'm not even that bothered about pedigrees and perfect
features and such, but having such an expert praising her did feel nice.

OK, I knew she's pretty, but I thought maybe I'm slightly biased.

Mir was an angel, as usual, and found to be in perfect health and not
underweight any more. The vet also praised her for being such a good
girl. You could see Mir thinking bad things about us handling her, but
she never struggles or hisses, and never says a peep on the bus, either.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old April 9th 11, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Apr 9, 2:50*pm, Marina wrote:
[...]

Wow that was very nice for Mir. I thought she didn't look skinny
anymore
in the last picture you posted.
Rusty (RB) was the exact opposite and behaved badly at the vet. The
tech
claimed Rusty hated her. He was underweight all his life.
He 'swore' at the vet before he got his final shot, and the
vet said he was sure Rusty was a better cat at home.
Winnie
Old April 9th 11, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Marina wrote:
[...]

Those eyes -- those beautiful eyes. Yes, she is a lovely girl. MLB
Old April 10th 11, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 4/9/2011 2:50 PM, Marina wrote:
[...]

I love it when my vet coos over any of my cats. She always just loves
on Rhett and calls him an Ocicat. I never knew what an Ocicat was but
when she said that I looked on Google and I get it. Scarlett is his
littermate but she's not nearly the size he is. But, she is the size of
Shamrock and much longer than Bonnie.

Old April 10th 11, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

aw, what a proud mama you must have been. Lily will not tolerate
anyone but me handling her. I wish she were a bit friendlier but
no go.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 10th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Marina wrote:
I'm so proud of my little girl. Miranda went to the vet's for her annual
checkup yesterday. Her regular vet is on maternity leave, and we saw the
owner of the feline-only clinic instead, who also happens to be a
renowned cat-show judge and breeder.

When she took Mir out of her carrier, she immediately started exclaiming
about how beautiful she is, what a perfect Russian Blue, and especially
what beautiful deep-green eyes she has. She went over her body and face
in detail and pointed out all the perfect features of her. I just stood
there bursting with pride in my gorgeous little girl.

She *is* very pretty, and also has that funny smile.
Old April 10th 11, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Cheryl wrote:
I love it when my vet coos over any of my cats. She always just loves
on Rhett and calls him an Ocicat. I never knew what an Ocicat was but
when she said that I looked on Google and I get it. Scarlett is his
littermate but she's not nearly the size he is. But, she is the size of
Shamrock and much longer than Bonnie.

I've thought the same thing about Rhett. He's very spotty and exotic
looking. His sister has some of that too, but she's also dilute and
cobby, which makes her look more domestic.