cat is a bully

Old June 10th 05, 11:13 PM
Mary

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote:

No, Barry. Phil is right. He's been working with cats for a very
long time.

Anyone who suggests that Xena rolling over onto her back is
stopping Brak apparently has not learned much, and maybe did not
even read the original post.

... that particular position is not defensive, it is completely
submissive

... the original poster explicitly stated that it does nothing to
deter Brak

John, go look it up. Leave it to you to support blatant
stupidity.

Old June 10th 05, 11:14 PM
Phil P.

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote:

No, Barry. Phil is right. He's been working with cats for a very
long time.

Anyone who suggests that Xena rolling over onto her back is
stopping Brak apparently has not learned much,

May be I could learn some ignorance from you, eh? LOL!

and maybe did not
even read the original post.

... that particular position is not defensive, it is completely
submissive

If you don't know that the upside down position is the cat's strongest
defensive position, then you don't know very much about cats and shouldn't
be giving any advice.

Old June 10th 05, 11:15 PM
Phil P.

"John Doe" wrote in message

Zena rolling over onto her back is a submissive position.

No. Rolling over on her back is a *defensive* position.

Old June 10th 05, 11:17 PM
Phil P.

"Ali J via CatKB.com" wrote in message
Barry,
I do have to agree with you. About the discipline. A child needs it no
matter what. A cat or kitten, however needs discipline to learn its
boundries. So Barry I 100% agree with you!

You should never hit a cat. Ever. Only morons like Barry who lack the
intelligence to train a cat with patience and common sense hit cats.

If you can't train a cat without hitting, you shouldn't have a cat-- or
kids.

Old June 10th 05, 11:17 PM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message
ink.net...

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote:

No, Barry. Phil is right. He's been working with cats for a very
long time.

Anyone who suggests that Xena rolling over onto her back is
stopping Brak apparently has not learned much,

May be I could learn some ignorance from you, eh? LOL!

and maybe did not
even read the original post.

... that particular position is not defensive, it is completely
submissive

If you don't know that the upside down position is the cat's strongest
defensive position, then you don't know very much about cats and shouldn't
be giving any advice.

Where the **** are these people coming from?? We all know
from his asinine posting of headers that "John Doe" is not all
there, but I thought he actually HAD cats.

Old June 10th 05, 11:19 PM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message
nk.net...

"Ali J via CatKB.com" wrote in message
Barry,
I do have to agree with you. About the discipline. A child needs it no
matter what. A cat or kitten, however needs discipline to learn its
boundries. So Barry I 100% agree with you!

You should never hit a cat. Ever. Only morons like Barry who lack the
intelligence to train a cat with patience and common sense hit cats.

If you can't train a cat without hitting, you shouldn't have a cat-- or
kids.

This is the same stupid bitch who would not take her kitten to the vet when
he had a broken tail. Her "pure bred" kitten that she intended to breed.
Then lied about it.
It has to be a full moon.

Old June 10th 05, 11:30 PM
Phil P.

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1118441868.2401c4f4e174eef4eb2c177327f53a6d@t eranews...

"Phil P." wrote in message
ink.net...

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote:

No, Barry. Phil is right. He's been working with cats for a very
long time.

Anyone who suggests that Xena rolling over onto her back is
stopping Brak apparently has not learned much,

May be I could learn some ignorance from you, eh? LOL!

and maybe did not
even read the original post.

... that particular position is not defensive, it is completely
submissive

If you don't know that the upside down position is the cat's strongest
defensive position, then you don't know very much about cats and

shouldn't
be giving any advice.

Where the **** are these people coming from?? We all know
from his asinine posting of headers that "John Doe" is not all
there, but I thought he actually HAD cats.

Its asshole like this that make adoptions harder. Some people complain
because we ask too many questions- now you know why. If I had my way, I'd
make a polygraph and I.Q. test mandatory before adoption.

I mean this from the bottom of my heart: some people are just plain too
stupid and insensitive to have a cat.

Old June 10th 05, 11:38 PM
Catnipped

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
ups.com...

If he lays his ears back and wants to take you on...give em some
more...across that ass..don't bruise him, or maim him, but pop him one.
Dammit, I get mad people won't spank children or cats.

Barry, please don't even joke about this subject unless you *clearly* make
note that you are only joking (and don't be surprised when some of us refuse
to even joke about it).

There is *WAY* too much violence in this world, aimed at both children and
animals, already. There is *NEVER* a reason to hit someone except to take
out your anger on someone who is weaker than you. If you are doing it to
stop someone from bullying others then you are only reinforcing the bully
behavior.

Any sentient being - any creature with nerve endings - can be taught correct
behavior by systematic and *consistent* rewards for good behavior or the
withholding or rewards in response to bad behavior. The very first step in
controlling another's behavior is controlling your own. Teach by example
and don't example bad behavior or violence.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 10th 05, 11:40 PM
Justin L

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:50:10 GMT, John Doe
wrote:

Justin L wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 21:18:33 GMT, "RobR"
wrote:

snip tale of the cats fighting and stuff

Here are the snipped facts.

Brak - Male 18lb - 5y old (the bully)
Zena - Female - 10lb - 13y

Brak is beating up on Zena.

Wow!
You figured that out all on your own did you? Most impressive for a
moron such as yourself. Congratulations!

I have a very similar situation to yours.

Apparently the only similarity is that they are cats and one is a
bully.

Hence my statement, and the reason for my post, you freaking dolt.

The fact that Zena is hissing suggests she is under a lot of
stress.

You are a genius!! I bow before your superior intellect and
comprehension skills!

You weren't a member of that Mensa group by chance, were you?

Justin

snip my post, and John's annoying header posting habit
Old June 10th 05, 11:43 PM
John Doe

Also, put a bell or other noisemaking device (as loud as possible) on
the bully so that all of the other cats can tell where he is.

Cat bully Teddy Cat health & behaviour 6 January 25th 04 10:36 PM
What To Do With My Cat? Luvskats00 Cat rescue 7 January 1st 04 07:40 PM
neighbour's cat is a bully annalee Cat health & behaviour 18 September 18th 03 05:58 PM