True? Prince William shot and killed a cat belonging to someone on Balmoral

Old April 19th 04, 01:50 PM
Tree Line

Default True? Prince William shot and killed a cat belonging to someone on Balmoral

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_925133.html

Wills accused of shooting cat

Prince William has been investigated by police after a woman claimed
he shot her pet cat.

Jeshiera Art filed a complaint saying Wills, 21, fired a gun outside
her home near Balmoral - and her cat has not been seen since, reports
The Sun.

Police decided to take no action so Jeshiera, 34, is threatening to
take out a private prosecution against William.

She said: "It had gone 11 when there was this huge bang. There was a
lamp shining on my house and one at my cat. Then there were a couple
of shots."

Buckingham Palace confirmed Wills had been on a rabbit shoot near
Balmoral, but denied a cat was shot.

Is this true? Seems to terrible and terrible it is only reported
in the obscure news services. If true, he should be arrested.
Old April 19th 04, 02:07 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Tree Line at
wrote on 4/19/04 7:50 AM:

[...]

I don't see how she could do anything unless she finds the cat.

Karen

Old April 19th 04, 02:10 PM
Sherry

That sounds a little flaky & coincidental. I realize that brief story doesn't
have all the details, but it doesn't sound to me that she saw enough to make
that kind of accusation.

But I am surprised that anyone is allowed to romp & stomp and shoot at rabbits
at (what sounds like) very close to her house.

Sherry

Old April 19th 04, 07:03 PM
Hopitus2

R U kidding, Sherry? We don't live in a monarchy so that *would* be
threatening behavior here in USA. But I've always got the impression those
royals do whatever, wherever, whenever they want......with no consequences
to their exalted hides. Whole different ballpark than here.

:

Old April 19th 04, 08:22 PM
Sherry

R U kidding, Sherry? We don't live in a monarchy so that *would* be
threatening behavior here in USA. But I've always got the impression those
royals do whatever, wherever, whenever they want......with no consequences
to their exalted hides. Whole different ballpark than here.

Walllll....I'm telling ya, Pilgrim, NOBODY shoots *anything* close enough to my
house to spotlight my cats. Nobody. Not even Dubbya himself.
And on second thought, what kind of fun is tramping through pastures at night
shooting a defenseless animal? Killing for the *sheer* sake of killing. Not for
food, not even for trophy, which is bad enough. I'd seriously wonder about
what's in the heart of someone who enjoys that.

Sherry

Old April 19th 04, 09:00 PM
Hopitus2

Question is what's in the *heads*, not the hearts, Sherry. That family has a
rep, deserved or not, of let's just say not being real bright due to
inbreeding over centuries. Their collective i.q.'s would probably make,
comparatively, what's running our country look like Einstein.
Also, those princes don't really have very much to do; they don't work as we
know it. We really don't have anything like them in the USA; even our rock
stars have to give a concert now and then, and Bill Gates, our richest, puts
on his pants and goes somewhere every day, even if he doesn't lift a finger
physically. But showing up at some charity event is as hard as it ever gets
for the royals, in spite of the silly pics you see with one of them holding
a shovel full of dirt somewhere.....we just can't imagine such a life.
Anyone's pet would be expendable and not worth a discussion to such beings.