Oscar has passed away

Old August 31st 11, 08:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Default Oscar has passed away

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I know that many of you read about Oscar years ago, so I thought you'd
want to know that she's now at peace. She was a pain in the butt, but
she was our pain in the butt, and when she decided you were worthy of
her affection, you really knew you'd earned it. We added a dog,
Cooper, to our family two years ago, and while I never saw her raise a
claw against this dog 5 times her weight, he deferred to her in every
way. She was queen of the kingdom. We miss her terribly.

Sending you many purrs, Monique, I certainly remember you and Oscar. I
am so sorry for her passing and your loss.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old August 31st 11, 08:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Aug 30, 6:41*pm, "Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:
I know that many of you read about Oscar years ago, so I thought you'd
want to know that she's now at peace. *

Fond memories of Oscar- sorry to hear this

Purrs on their way

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 31st 11, 11:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Aug 30, 1:41*pm, "Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:
Hello all,

I haven't posted in a while. *Oscar was diagnosed with small cell
lymphoma after exploratory surgery Halloween night in 2007. *The vet
gave her 6-12 months. *Oscar surprised everyone by living a good life
for several more years, although in the last few months there were some
signs that she was possibly starting to have other health issues. *This
Sunday, we came back from vacation and found that she hadn't eaten for
several days, and wouldn't touch treats. *She was also avoiding us and
hiding under beds. *She was retching and vomiting all night. *In the
morning, we took her to the vet, where x-rays showed extensive problems.
It's frankly a miracle she was still breathing, and I can only imagine
the pain she was hiding. *We decided to let her go. *She made it 3 years
and 10 months past her cancer diagnosis.

What a testament to the love a cat has for two-legged family! I'm
sorry for your loss of dear Oscar. She was a brave soldier for you!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old August 31st 11, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:41:19 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"
wrote:

[...]

http://www.bounceswoosh.org/rpca/rpc...t_sleeping.jpg

A purr in memory of Oscar's life.
Old August 31st 11, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:
[...]

I'm so very sorry, Monique. :-(
I've lit a candle for Oscar
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Oscar
--
Adrian
Old September 1st 11, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:
[...]

I appreciate the way you always light candles for RB kitties. That is a
very nice thing to do.

Joy

Old September 1st 11, 07:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

[...]

Hi Monique, it's nice to hear from you, although I'm so sorry for the
reason. I remember when she got that dire prognosis 4 years ago - I guess
she fooled everyone! Purrs for all of you who miss her.

Joyce

--
I want freedom, the right to self expression, everyone's right to
beautiful radiant things. -- Emma Goldman
Old September 1st 11, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 31/08/2011 3:41 AM, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
[...]

So very sorry to hear this sad news.

{{{{{Monique}}}}}}

Yowie
Old September 3rd 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

I'm very sad to hear that Oscar is now gone. But I'm happy for her
that she had so many good years after her diagnosis. I pinged you a
couple of years ago to try to get a follow-up, and by that time, I
thought that Oscar had already passed away. She was a very good kitty,
and we'll miss her.
Old September 12th 11, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2011-09-03, Takayuki penned:
I'm very sad to hear that Oscar is now gone. But I'm happy for her
that she had so many good years after her diagnosis. I pinged you a
couple of years ago to try to get a follow-up, and by that time, I
thought that Oscar had already passed away. She was a very good
kitty, and we'll miss her.

Sorry, Takayuki. I stopped visiting this newsgroup a few years ago, so
I never saw your pings. In general, I won't be here often (if at all),
but I thought I should let the people here know that she'd passed.

--
monique