OT - A little relief

Old September 10th 11, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default OT - A little relief

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...
For brevity, I want to thank you all for the purrs. I feel ok today still
from the shot and the oral steroids, but I went to the surgeon I saw last
year and while the cortisone may give relief, I can't have it very often
because it is bad for the bones. That figures. Foot surgery from last
year was a waste because now I have no gap between the joint and the only
cure for the pain is to fuse the joint. Huh? Well, I'll be getting a
second opinion on THAT.

Anyway, sorry to vent. I'm a baby about pain.

((((Cheryl))))

Joy

Old September 11th 11, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...
For brevity, I want to thank you all for the purrs. I feel ok today still
from the shot and the oral steroids, but I went to the surgeon I saw last
year and while the cortisone may give relief, I can't have it very often
because it is bad for the bones. That figures. Foot surgery from last
year was a waste because now I have no gap between the joint and the only
cure for the pain is to fuse the joint. Huh? Well, I'll be getting a
second opinion on THAT.

Anyway, sorry to vent. I'm a baby about pain.

I think it's OK for someone who has been posting on the group for years to
vent about medical issues and personal difficulties, as we do feel like
friends that we can talk to.

You now have to make a decision about whether fusing the joint will be best,
and if they say it will be, it probably is.
Research it on the internet first, do not necessarily believe it all, but
never say to your surgeon "I think you might be wrong, I looked it up on the
internet" he will get more than cross about it. Just say "Can I ask you
something? someone has told me this.." He will more more than happy to
explain it to you then.
Having so many medical things going on with me for the last few years, I've
learned how consultants like to be talked to by a patient here. Humbly.
Consultants are treated like gods by the nursing staff and junior doctors
and they begin to believe that no-one should challenge them.
I once did. When I was in hospital for my hernia repair as an emergency, a
consultant came along and was questioning my lifestyle (!) like it had
anything to do with the surgical hernia I had. Not.
He was horrible, and he was the one that made a mess of my cousin's abdomen
on purpose.
So, as I knew it would not be him operating on me, I told him (in front of
his students) that he had no room to talk lifestyle, as he was very fat and
I was not.
I would never normally say anything like that to anyone, but it felt great.
Because when my cousin had to have her gall bder done, and had requested
(previously) a fallopian tub tie as she had enough children, he took his
scalpel and swiped it right down her body, and when she was waking up she
heard him say "she won't be able to wear a bikini again" and he laughed.
I've never forgotten that as he made such a mess of her she had to be
repaired again by another surgeon.

So, when I met him, and he was not nice to me too, I took a delight in
calling him "fat" in front of his students.Was it a bad thing to do? I
think not. Serves him right for not being a nice doctor and preaching
lifestyle which you just cannot do if you are twice the weight you should
be.
I could do with losing maybe 8-10lb so he really ticked me off as he could
lose 50lb and still off the scale to speak to me about healthy lifestyles.
I disliked him immediately, and I rarely do this. At the time I didn't know
he was the same surgeon that made such a mess of Margi.
Luckily he never got near me with a knife..

Tweed

Old September 11th 11, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message
[...]

I don't know anything about your healthcare system, but could your
cousin sue him for malpractice?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old September 11th 11, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message

I don't know anything about your healthcare system, but could your cousin
sue him for malpractice?

Yes, I think she could have done, but she didn't.
I got my own back for that by humiliating himself in front of his students.
It's not a good idea to upset me when I am in hospital.

Old September 11th 11, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message

I don't know anything about your healthcare system, but could your cousin
sue him for malpractice?

Yes, I think she could have done, but she didn't.
I got my own back for that by humiliating himself in front of his students.
It's not a good idea to upset me when I am in hospital.

I don't blame you a bit for that one, I think I would have been ruder
still. I'm so sorry for your cousin, though.

Old September 11th 11, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Sep 10, 5:59*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

.. *Serves him right for not being a nice doctor and preaching
lifestyle which you just cannot do if you are twice the weight you should
be.

Our local GP practice is run by a husband and wife team. I usually
see the wife who is very good and Dave usually sees the husband who is
also good but he once gave Dave a lecture about smoking and Dave said
something along the lines of "If you think smoking is bad- why can I
see 20 B&H in your jacket pocket?"- guy tried to say they weren't his!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old September 13th 11, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

.. Serves him right for not being a nice doctor and preaching
lifestyle which you just cannot do if you are twice the weight you should
be.

Our local GP practice is run by a husband and wife team. I usually
see the wife who is very good and Dave usually sees the husband who is
also good but he once gave Dave a lecture about smoking and Dave said
something along the lines of "If you think smoking is bad- why can I
see 20 B&H in your jacket pocket?"- guy tried to say they weren't his!
--------
He was obviously looking after them for someone else.

I heard a rather more than chubby doctor defend her position on TV the other
day. "I have a medical degree and the training that enables me to advise
people about a healthy lifestyle.."
Yeah, that is not disputed but it doesn't come well to the people she was
advising.

Old September 13th 11, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

It's like bad parenting - "do as I say, not as I do".