2 cats need home for 6 months

Old September 3rd 03, 07:18 AM
Jean H

Ithink eitheprofetionals would be better or someone from this
programme I had someone to live in when I went to England
for 6 weekswho already professed to love my cat, and was a friend.
I gave instructions verbally, and also left them on the the fridge in
writing
especially about not letting him out too early when still dark as possums
had already attacked him once, also left him lots of fresh chicken I cut up
ready and put in separate one for every night I was away, tins galore,
5 big packets of dry food, when I returned half the food was still there
and he'd gone from 9point 3 kilos to 8 kl also she'd let him out at 4 a m
every morning and it cost 2oo dollars to have his back fixed up where a
possum
had got to him I'm still fuming 6 yrs later,about the possum not the money
she wanted to stay in the house but
couldn;t be bothered looking after him properly, never again! jp
James" wrote in message
John Moran wrote on Sun, 31 Aug 2003:
Hi there

We are planning a 6 month trip around the world
and have 2 very cute cats who, at the moment, we
can't find a home for.

We were wondering if there was some kindly
soul - preferably in the south London area - who
would be willing to look after them while we are
away.

John, you may want to consider having someone living in your home. A
cattery would disrupt them and keeping them caged for such a long time
would be unkind, but might be the best option. Try Homesitters (don't
know their details, but they have a web site) or Universal Aunts 020
7738 8987. It may not be that costly for 6 months. Worth a try.

There are fosterers but they're few and far between, and they usually
have other cats around.
--
James

Old September 3rd 03, 07:49 AM
Cat Protector

Why didn't you sue this individual?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old September 3rd 03, 02:58 PM
oldmolly

"Agua Girl" wrote in message
et...
Have you ever been to America?

Yes actually.

If you had, you would know that first
off..most of the country was settled by people from somewhere else so
whatever we are..you were first;

How do you figure *that* out?

and secondly..it is a melting pot with
ALL kinds of different types.

I know that. This whole post though is a bit pointless isn't it as my reply
wasn't directed to you anyway was it?

---

Old September 3rd 03, 03:01 PM
oldmolly

"Cheryl" wrote in message
"Agua Girl" wrote in message
et...

"oldmolly" wrote in message

Have you ever been to America? If you had, you would know that

first
off..most of the country was settled by people from somewhere else

so
whatever we are..you were first; and secondly..it is a melting pot

with
ALL kinds of different types.

Don't waste your "breath". She's another "merkin" hater.

Silly girl. Why do you assume, that because I have had an issue with one
poster, that I hate a whole nation?
I mean , you lot are so flipping over sensitive sometimes.I actually have
several American friends, as I live not far from Mildenhall base.
Just goes to show how little you know eh?

---

Old September 3rd 03, 03:03 PM
oldmolly

"Chris Street" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:13:36 +0100, "oldmolly"
wrote:

but someone needed some lecturing.

I don't know who you are lovie. I know who you *think* you are. But just

drag you down a bit. To me, you are just a gob****e American who feels

the
need to put the rest of the world right. You have no idea about me, and

who
I am, or what I am, or anything else, yet you feel justified in poking

your
oar in and "lecturing" me. My god, when I need a lecture from trailer

trash,
I will give up keeping animals and go on a world cruise.

Off the soapbox now...
Put it over your head lovie, where it might do some good.

Do you dislike Americans in particular or just hate all foreigners?

And are all Americans as petty and childish as you are?
Having lived all over the world, I also have friends of many nationalities.
I speak 2 languages fluently and more very badly.
So I objected to the very silly and insulting post of an American. How does
that make me anti American?
I personally find the attitude of 'either for us or against us' rather
silly. It is this attitude which starts wars.

---

Old September 3rd 03, 03:04 PM
oldmolly

"Dee" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, oldmolly wrote:

I don't know who you are lovie. I know who you *think* you are. But

just to
drag you down a bit. To me, you are just a gob****e American who feels

That's uncalled for.

Dee (apparently a "gob****e American")

It is possible for you to be American without being a gob****e. Apparently
plenty of you were not able to discern a difference.
My American friends and aquaintances are not gob****es (shrug). Perhaps it
is only on usenet that you cannot be one without the other?

---