Taz (the parakeet) is eating!

Old October 12th 03, 01:36 AM
jmcquown

Default Taz (the parakeet) is eating!

I was told, if she didn't eat in a couple of days to take her to an Avian
vet. After seeing she was not drinking the treated water, I dosed her
lightly using the dropper given to me by Sherry at PetCo. Ornacycline.
She's now on the perch eating! This is a good sign!

Still more purrs needed, but I am much cheered by this development. Thanks,
everyone

Jill

Old October 12th 03, 01:46 AM
Nan

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 19:36:00 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

I was told, if she didn't eat in a couple of days to take her to an Avian
vet. After seeing she was not drinking the treated water, I dosed her
lightly using the dropper given to me by Sherry at PetCo. Ornacycline.
She's now on the perch eating! This is a good sign!

Still more purrs needed, but I am much cheered by this development. Thanks,
everyone

Jill

That's good news, Jill, but we'll keep the purrs coming as long as
they're needed.

Nan

Old October 12th 03, 02:26 AM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

I was told, if she didn't eat in a couple of days to take her to an Avian
vet. After seeing she was not drinking the treated water, I dosed her
lightly using the dropper given to me by Sherry at PetCo. Ornacycline.
She's now on the perch eating! This is a good sign!

Still more purrs needed, but I am much cheered by this development. Thanks,
everyone

Jill

Still purring and chirping here.
Old October 12th 03, 04:34 AM
Sherry

Jill, you probably already know this, but when my budgie needed antibiotics, we
always had to supplement his diet with some yogurt or cheese to replace the
"good bacteria."
Lots of purrs. I fully understand the attachment to this personaable little
creatures. I loved that parakeet. I had him 8 years.

Sherry
Old October 12th 03, 06:59 AM
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
Jill, you probably already know this, but when my budgie needed
antibiotics, we always had to supplement his diet with some yogurt or
cheese to replace the "good bacteria."
Lots of purrs. I fully understand the attachment to this personaable
little creatures. I loved that parakeet. I had him 8 years.

Sherry

No, it never occurred to me to give her yogurt or cheese. I could barely
get her to eat seed; I consider her eating seed at all a small triumph.

Let me tell you about the 'best' budgie I ever had. His name was Buddie and
he was a foundling (just like my cat Persia). I was 14 years old and my
brother came in saying, "I caught a parakeet!" He handed the tiny bird to
me; Buddie was turquoise with a white head. Stripes down to the cere so I
knew he was a baby. Buddie snuggled up to my breast to keep warm and I
whispered to him to calm him. He was my bird from that moment on

Buddie would ride around on my shoulder. He'd sit on the stem of my glasses
and peck at his image in the lenses. Buddie would fly to my head the moment
the cage door was opened. He sat on my shoulder and played with the gold
chain around my neck. Buddie lived until I was 28 years old. 14 years;
pretty long for a parakeet. He was my favourite 'keet.

Jill

Old October 12th 03, 07:37 AM
Sherry

[...]

Awww. He sounds cute. They just have the cutest personalities. Tropical was
like that. He used to ride Airplanes made of leggos while by son would "fly"
him all over the place. My DH at the time resstored antique chiming clocks, and
although we never could get Tropical to talk, he would "tick" like the clocks.

Sherry
Old October 12th 03, 08:07 AM
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
Buddie would ride around on my shoulder. He'd sit on the stem of my
glasses and peck at his image in the lenses. Buddie would fly to my
head the moment the cage door was opened. He sat on my shoulder and
played with the gold chain around my neck. Buddie lived until I was
28 years old. 14 years; pretty long for a parakeet.
Jill

Awww. He sounds cute. They just have the cutest personalities.
Tropical was like that. He used to ride Airplanes made of leggos
while by son would "fly" him all over the place. My DH at the time
resstored antique chiming clocks, and although we never could get
Tropical to talk, he would "tick" like the clocks.

Sherry

I had another one, Jeremiah, that would say "woof woof". He turned out to
be a she She heard a neighbors dog barking all the time and started
imitating the sound. It was so cute! Everything would get quiet and
suddenly you'd hear this bird say "Woof, woof!" It was too funny!

I think Taz is going to be okay. She's sleeping on the top perch now. I
turned the light out; I'll turn it back on in the morning to make sure she's
warm. And to refresh the water with the ornacycline.

Worrying is wearing me out. Persia is jealous. I would NOT do well with
young children; good thing I don't have to worry about that at my age

Jill

Old October 12th 03, 09:57 AM
Adrian

jmcquown wrote:
I was told, if she didn't eat in a couple of days to take her to an
Avian vet. After seeing she was not drinking the treated water, I
dosed her lightly using the dropper given to me by Sherry at PetCo.
Ornacycline. She's now on the perch eating! This is a good sign!

Still more purrs needed, but I am much cheered by this development.
Thanks, everyone

Jill

That's great news.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old October 12th 03, 11:00 AM
polonca12000

This is great news! I'm so happy for both of you.
Continued purrs and best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip She's now on the perch eating! This is a good sign!