Uuuuuuunnnhhh...maki GOOD!

Old March 1st 05, 02:37 PM
Singh

Default Uuuuuuunnnhhh...maki GOOD!

Last night I was feeling cruddy after a nasty day at work, so my Louie went
to the store to pick me up something rather than cook. He brought me a nice
little tray of sushi, otherwise known as a plate of Are You Out Of Your
Mind?

The fact that the kids had been fed made no difference whatsoever. The
Juvies in particular were swatting at the little tray, trying to snag a
roll. Stosh seems immune to wasabi, having dipped his nose into it without
reacting. Roxie tried to attack it from behind, sneaking up the back of the
futon and making an unsuccessful grab. Only Odessa sat back, looking at me
like, What the devil IS that, and why are they going bats?

They went away grumbling after Louie disposed of the tray and chopsticks in
the garage, far from grabby little paws.

Blessed be,
Baha

--

Three thousand years ago,
cats were deified in ancient Egypt.

Old March 1st 05, 03:00 PM
Karen

little tray of sushi, otherwise known as a plate of Are You Out Of Your
Mind?

ROFL!!!! Oh man, that made me laugh. I had got some nori rolls last night
(no fish, but yummy) too. Cats not interested but boy do I love them.

Old March 1st 05, 05:32 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:37:50 -0500, "Singh"
yodeled:

Last night I was feeling cruddy after a nasty day at work, so my Louie went
to the store to pick me up something rather than cook. He brought me a nice
little tray of sushi, otherwise known as a plate of Are You Out Of Your
Mind?

The fact that the kids had been fed made no difference whatsoever. The
Juvies in particular were swatting at the little tray, trying to snag a
roll. Stosh seems immune to wasabi, having dipped his nose into it without
reacting

I know-- what's up with that? Stinky is drawn to jalapenos like a
magnet. I'm afraid to let him near them.

Theresa
Old March 1st 05, 08:09 PM
Mary

"Singh" wrote in message
Last night I was feeling cruddy after a nasty day at work, so my Louie

went
to the store to pick me up something rather than cook. He brought me a

nice
little tray of sushi, otherwise known as a plate of Are You Out Of Your
Mind?

This is funny! That's kind of the way I look at sushi though I try not to.

Old March 1st 05, 08:40 PM
Yowie

"Singh" wrote in message
[...]

Mmmmmmmm..... Sushi......*drool*

Although I haven't met a sushi I haven't liked, I still like the non-fish
ones over the fish ones, egg rolls being my particular favourite.

And that wasabi... I have a masochistic passion for it.

A tray of Sushi is often my Friday night treat to myself. Shmogg has never
paid much interest, Fluffy drools whenever I eat it (but thena gain, she
drools no matter what I eat) and IBKFergus wold have to slow down from the
speed of light to notice...

Glad you enjoyed your Sushi, even if you *were* mobbed by cats. You've got a
good hubby there.

Yowie

Old March 1st 05, 09:05 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-01, Yowie penned:

Mmmmmmmm..... Sushi......*drool*

Although I haven't met a sushi I haven't liked, I still like the non-fish
ones over the fish ones, egg rolls being my particular favourite.

One of the many good things to which DH has introduced me is sushi. I'm still
not a huge fan of the raw stuff -- I thought I'd like salmon sushi, but it's
just too slimy! I love unagi (I think that's the eel I like) and spider rolls
and, um, well I love those two =) I also like the sushi that's basically rice
wrapped around shrimp tempura and sliced into bite sized chunks.

Some places around here make what seems to be a teriyaki/tempura sushi. Take
sushi, dip it in sweet tempura batter, and fry it up. OMG good.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 1st 05, 10:43 PM
Yowie

On 2005-03-01, Yowie penned:

Mmmmmmmm..... Sushi......*drool*

Although I haven't met a sushi I haven't liked, I still like the

non-fish
ones over the fish ones, egg rolls being my particular favourite.

One of the many good things to which DH has introduced me is sushi. I'm

still
not a huge fan of the raw stuff -- I thought I'd like salmon sushi, but

it's
just too slimy! I love unagi (I think that's the eel I like) and spider

rolls

Spider rolls???? I shudder at the mere name, although trust that the food
does not actually in any way have anything to do with the eight legged
creeping horrors they are named after.

and, um, well I love those two =) I also like the sushi that's basically

rice
wrapped around shrimp tempura and sliced into bite sized chunks.

I've made my own vegetable and/or egg sushi at home. It tastes as good as
the shop-bought stuff, but it often ends up as scrambled rather than in neat
rolls.

There's a Sushi Train thats just opened up in town. I'm desperately hanging
out to have enough silly money to go blow some $$$ at it (sushi trains are
not known for their cheap eats).

Some places around here make what seems to be a teriyaki/tempura sushi.

Take
sushi, dip it in sweet tempura batter, and fry it up. OMG good.

Sounds yummy.

Speaking of friend things, has anyone here tried a deep fried mars bar? I
can feel my arteries clogging just mentioning it, but I'd love to try one
anyway.

Yowie

Old March 1st 05, 10:52 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-01, Yowie penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
I love unagi (I think that's the eel I like) and spider rolls

Spider rolls???? I shudder at the mere name, although trust that the
food does not actually in any way have anything to do with the eight
legged creeping horrors they are named after.

Not exactly, though they look like they do.

Here's my attempt at description:

They fry a soft-shelled crab, legs and all, then wrap it in rice and whatnot.
So the legs stick out of the two end pieces (DH gets those) and the middle
pieces are just oddly crunchy.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 1st 05, 11:18 PM
Cheryl

On Tue 01 Mar 2005 05:43:49p, Yowie wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Speaking of friend things, has anyone here tried a deep fried
mars bar? I can feel my arteries clogging just mentioning it,
but I'd love to try one anyway.

I just can't even imagine what that is like! lol

--
Cheryl