Hematoma

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 18th 05, 03:04 PM
Perry Justus

Default Hematoma

Hi,

One of my cats has a hematoma (very swollen ear). I really want to
take him to the vet to have it profesionally cared for, but we're on
such a tight budget that there's no way we could afford the procedure.
What would you recommend doing?

I just found out today that the wrinkly ear thing is caused by
hematoma; his *other* ear is like that, but we never saw it happen to
him. Similarly, one of my other cats has the same wrinkled ear, and
we never saw that one develop either. (Some of my cats cats are in
the garage at night.)

Could any one explain why something like this could go on for weeks
(as some experiences I've read suggest), while others happen in the
blink of an eye? Would the ear really look less disfigured if it were
surgically treated? Again, I would love to take him to the vet, but
it would be nearly impossible to afford.

Thanks,
Perry